Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Campfires  (Read 1510 times)

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Campfires
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:41:42 pm »

Just wondering, what do they do? Other than warming things up do they keep away enemies?

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Campfires
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 04:58:09 pm »

It supposedly melts ice that you may carry around with you into water, that you can then consume.

In some versions of the game it melts ice inside containers but not snow. However you can make your adventurer walk around the campfire for a bit, which melts the snow covering on his boots. And you can drink the water coating on your boots to survive.

Orodogoth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

Campfires may be able to destroy minecarts. Allowing you to throw yourself incredible distances. :D
(Unless Toady One fixed it.)

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 12:16:51 am »

It supposedly melts ice that you may carry around with you into water, that you can then consume.

In some versions of the game it melts ice inside containers but not snow. However you can make your adventurer walk around the campfire for a bit, which melts the snow covering on his boots. And you can drink the water coating on your boots to survive.

playing the current version, no mods vanilla.

I can melt snow into water,

my elf had like 10+ waters melted from snow with a campire, he didn't have a waterskin.
Do elfs start with bags?
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 12:46:04 am »

my elf had like 10+ waters melted from snow with a campire, he didn't have a waterskin.
Do elfs start with bags?

Backpack yes. Waterskin no. I've never seen anyone start with a bag or pouch.

Also, to heat an item such as snow or ice at a campfire, all you have to do is go into the shift+I menu and use the item on the fire.