Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - GAME OVER  (Read 25692 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 2 - Winter
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2014, 09:43:32 pm »

I'm falling far behind. And amused that two adjacent Plains tiles is considered "high plains density".

Build a City in 101 and fortify 113.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2014, 09:56:46 pm »

Babe smiles from atop the Tower of Babelon as the victorious armies return in a triumphal procession. Ranks of immaculate Babelonian pikers march in perfect synchrony, their burnished armor gleaming brightly in the desert sun. A large wagon bears distinguished heroes from the conquest, pulled by Troll slaves, the last remnants of their shattered race. They fought hard to hold their independence, but their small mountainous clan was no match for the might of Babelon.

Turning from the balcony, Babe strides inside. He has no time for revelry; the extermination of the Trolls was necessary for the growth of Babelon, but now there is work to be done. The cities of the Republic have swollen with refugees, and with them, news of the outside world. There are many heresies vying for control of the continent, not all of them as cordial as the Council of Trees. Waving for a scribe, Babe prepares to pen a letter to his new neighbors to the south.

Emperor Dariush. Your presence to the south has been noted, and your power appraised. Conflict between our powers would be unnecessarily destructive, and weaken us both. The Republic of Babelon formally claims right to the lands on the latitude of 90-95. Much as we have established a Neutral Zone with the Council of Trees, so we consider the latitude of 103-108 to be Neutral between our powers. Expansion into those tiles in the coming Spring will be construed as an act of war. You have been warned. Regards, Babe, First Speaker of Babelon.

Tower 51
Fortify 25, 38, 51, 65
Industrious Improve: Fortify 79

I'm falling far behind. And amused that two adjacent Plains tiles is considered "high plains density".

Build a City in 101 and fortify 113.

I know, right? True, though; you have the second most contiguous Plains tiles. I, uh, burned mine. Would have been nice to have another field in the back of my empire, but oh well.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2014, 02:23:56 am »

Emperor Dariush. Your presence to the south has been noted, and your power appraised. Conflict between our powers would be unnecessarily destructive, and weaken us both. The Republic of Babelon formally claims right to the lands on the latitude of 90-95. Much as we have established a Neutral Zone with the Council of Trees, so we consider the latitude of 103-108 to be Neutral between our powers. Expansion into those tiles in the coming Spring will be construed as an act of war. You have been warned. Regards, Babe, First Speaker of Babelon.
Isn't that kinda one-sided of an agreement? Counter-proposal: 90-95 also remain neutral.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:43:04 am by Dariush »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2014, 03:58:30 am »

City 21, 47, 48, 49

lol@agreement

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »

Mimic The Lakers to gain lakes as favoured terrain
Build 125
Deforest 153
Fortify 112, 138

Ok, just waiting on a1s now.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2014, 09:15:23 pm »

Isn't that kinda one-sided of an agreement? Counter-proposal: 90-95 also remain neutral.

I did not claim that the agreement was fair, nor did I claim that it was an agreement; more a statement of intent. I'm going to expand into those latitudes to hold as my southern barrier, and I won't tolerate neighbors that threaten that barrier. If you expand to border me, I'll conquer another latitude south just for the buffer zone to keep my heartland secure. If you don't want to tempt me with targets of opportunity, you should plan accordingly.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2014, 09:21:14 pm »

there isn't much to do. Fortify everything
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2014, 04:54:35 am »

Year Three - Spring

A new year dawned on the 24 towns scattered like pox marks on the face of the new land. The voluminous sand palaces of the djinn spread across the southeast desert, while the towers of Babelon spiralled upwards from the scoured land. The northern forest was criss-crossed with entholds and treefasts, while in the southwest precarious settlements were made in swamps and lagoons.

Spoiler: Year 3 - Spring (click to show/hide)

In Spring you can: Grow, Expand, Raze, Raid, Dismantle, as well as doing a heresy-specific action. Unless you're certain your actions can't be influenced by those of others, please submit your actions in turn order.

Turn order:
GreatWyrmGold [pop.2]
NQT [pop.5]
a1s [pop.5]
Monk12 [pop.6]
Dariush [pop.7]
cerapa [pop.8]

Active Players
Spoiler: 1. The Accord - NQT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7. Pearly Swine - a1s (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:48:06 pm by notquitethere »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Spring
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2014, 08:21:56 am »

Grow 100
Um...Expand 102 before anyone notices that that takes multiple actions? Expand to 99
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:13:11 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2014, 09:13:24 am »

Do you want to submit a full legal action? Remember, as merfolk, you can expand into the sea for a single action (and your deluge action, as earlier discussed, can convert sea into lakes).

I am going to:
Co-opt the Djinn of the Sand Empire
Grow 112
Grow 138
Grow 141
Grow 153

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2014, 12:23:02 pm »

Action Pool: 6

Expand 92 (AP:3)
Expand 64 (AP:2)
Expand 54 (AP:1)
Tower 54 (AP:0)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2014, 12:46:18 pm »

grow 29, 30
expand  31,16 (+1)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »

Action Pool: 6

Expand 92 (AP:3)
Expand 64 (AP:2)
Expand 54 (AP:1)
Tower 54 (AP:0)

Splendid! Now I get two turns in a row before you get your next one. Thanks, Monk!

Expand 106 (3 actions)
Expand 105 (2)
Expand 93 (2)

Also, proposal: forbid post editing, Mafia-style.
yes I just edited the post to write this deal with it
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 01:03:33 pm by Dariush »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2014, 01:54:08 pm »

Expand 20, 60, 61, 73, 72, 71

EDIT: A question. If I build a city and forage in the same turn, do I get 1 extra pop or 2?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:37:41 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2014, 06:59:13 pm »

EDIT: A question. If I build a city and forage in the same turn, do I get 1 extra pop or 2?
Population effects are resolved all at the same time, so assuming you were at your minimum pop, it would increase your pop and pop minimum (and max) by just one.

Okay, update imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26