Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - GAME OVER  (Read 25619 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 1 - Summer
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2014, 01:37:47 pm »

Or, you can only build a city if your population isn't below your new minimum population.
Ooh, this is even better.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

With their base secure, PEARLS operatives begin scouring the forest in search of truffles. The sales fund a recruitment drive for new members
forage 44

« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:12:55 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2014, 05:16:27 pm »

Year One - Fall

Hammers rang out throughout the summer months as plains were fenced in and fortifications thrown up. But still, with a vast wilderness unblemished and no blood spilt, one would almost be forgiven for thinking it could be a peaceful year...

Spoiler: Year 1 - Fall (click to show/hide)

In Fall you can: Harvest, Conquer, Raze, Raid, Dismantle, as well as doing a heresy-specific action. Feel free to submit actions out of turn for this season, as I don't believe players can interact (though if you are in doubt, by all means wait for your turn).

Turn order:
DarkPaladin [pop.1]
GreatWyrmGold [pop.1]
Dariush [pop.1]
NQT [pop.2]
cerapa [pop.2]
Monk12 [pop.2]
a1s [pop.2]

Players
Spoiler: 1. The Accord - NQT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7. Pearly Swine - a1s (click to show/hide)

That makes sense. Or, you can only build a city if your population isn't below your new minimum population.
I think this will be the change for the next iteration. We'll see how this shapes out.

(I'm pretty tired right now, so make sure all your numbers look how you think they should look.)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:16:18 am by notquitethere »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 1 - Fall
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2014, 05:43:55 pm »

Harvest.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2014, 07:30:27 pm »

Wait for the second coming or whatever it is we do with our lives. This is also my turn for winter.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:46 pm »

The refugees work earnestly, driven by newfound zeal and purpose. The borders of Babelon swell outword, but the landgrab is halted by biting autumn winds. The citizens of Babelon are still poor and malnourished, tired from their arduous oceanic odyssey. The work continues; it can never truly halt. But for now, it slows; half the Babelonians have been granted furlough, while the other half look forward to winter and a vacation in the City they are even now constructing.

Build a Tower at 52

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2014, 06:37:54 am »

Harvest 134

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2014, 02:49:38 pm »

Wrong number of cities on the sheet.

Fecund 46
Hug newborn trees 46

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »

Fortify tile 64.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2014, 04:36:54 pm »

Fortify tile 64.
I'm really sorry darkpaladin, but you can only do Improve actions in Summer and Winter. Unless you want to raze a plain in order to use one of your heresy powers, there's not a lot for you to do this season.

I'm going to co-opt the pearly swines to gain their double harvesting, and harvest 141, putting me up to my cap of 4 (3 territories +1 for being human).

OK, I'm going to process the turn in just a moment. Dark P is going first in any case, so if he wants to do any autumnal moves he can do them at the start of his winter go.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:40:00 pm by notquitethere »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2014, 05:02:53 pm »

Drain tile 63 then.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2014, 05:10:58 pm »

Uh oh Dark Paladin, I'm sorry for not making it clear enough in the OP but Drain, Deforest, Build City, Fortify, and Irrigate are Improve actions and unless you're a Spider, you can only do them twice a year in Winter and Summer. I always say what actions you can perform in the beginning-of-season posts.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:12:42 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2014, 05:28:24 pm »

Year One - Winter

The rains were ceaseless in the fall as the new settlers hurried to bring the harvest in, their burgeoning populace growing fat on the land. To the north, the first bountiful sprouts sprung up and were embraced in the now ex-plains of the Council of Trees, while just across the mountain to the west the Pearly Swines shivered miserably in the wet, waiting for a sign.

Spoiler: Year 1 - Winter (click to show/hide)

In Winter you can: Conquer, Raze, Raid, Improve, and Dismantle as well as doing a heresy-specific action. Feel free to submit actions out of turn for this season, as I don't believe players can interact (though if you are in doubt, by all means wait for your turn).

Dark Paladin, if you want to raze one of your plains to take a heresy action in Fall, go ahead and do that before your Winter turn. You can fortify, drain etc. this season.

Turn order:
DarkPaladin [pop.1]
cerapa [pop.2]
GreatWyrmGold [pop.2]
Dariush [pop.2]
a1s [pop.2]
Monk12 [pop.3]
NQT [pop.4]

Players
Spoiler: 1. The Accord - NQT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 7. Pearly Swine - a1s (click to show/hide)

(As ever, check to see if I've made a mistake and I'll fix it before there are repercussions down the line.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 05:31:46 pm by notquitethere »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 1 - Winter
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2014, 07:59:48 pm »

Expand to 101, wonder why merfolk don't get sped-up expansion to lakes or the ability to settle cities in oceans.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 2 - Turn-based Colonisation Game - Year 1 - Winter
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2014, 09:36:11 pm »

Expand to 101, wonder why merfolk don't get sped-up expansion to lakes or the ability to settle cities in oceans.
In Winter you can: Conquer, Raze, Raid, Improve, and Dismantle as well as doing a heresy-specific action.

No Expansion in Winter, sorry mate. Spring and Summer are landgrab season.

Fortify 53
Fortify 40

And the remaining pop has a grand old revel, having nothing better to do. Viva la Babelon!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26