Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Great Norse Community: A Norse Fortress Mod Community Fort (All are welcome)  (Read 10512 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm pretty sure it isn't working; I'm getting screw press instead of sawmill. Well, I guess we'll just have to use a LOT of logs...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Th4DwArfY1, Journal Entry One.

We have arrived at our destination. Already my bow has sounded with its deep-throated thrum! All enemies shall fall before my bow! Praise Ull! There is but one hindrance upon my happiness. One thing to detract from the thrill of killing. Thanatos, that butcher! He is after my cats, I know it! He has a sinister gleam in his eye when he looks upon them, and I swear I heard him muttering about a "Genocide" of all cats. My precious cats! How DARE he!
----
Also, what does my Ranger have charge over, and what is her colour?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Th4DwArfY1, Journal Entry One.

We have arrived at our destination. Already my bow has sounded with its deep-throated thrum! All enemies shall fall before my bow! Praise Ull! There is but one hindrance upon my happiness. One thing to detract from the thrill of killing. Thanatos, that butcher! He is after my cats, I know it! He has a sinister gleam in his eye when he looks upon them, and I swear I heard him muttering about a "Genocide" of all cats. My precious cats! How DARE he!
----
Also, what does my Ranger have charge over, and what is her colour?
(hunting, animal training and other stuff. You are green)

We kept on working, and lucky for us, Lumberjack picked up an axe and did what she does best; chop things down. Wolf was forging arrows for DwArfY, and Thanatos was butchering animals. He failed to find cats however...

On a better note, we saw other people arriving. They wished to join us! We got 3 farmers and a ranger. DwArfY will be happy to have an extra hand with shooting things, and Thanatos doesn't need to harvest the plants so often now.

Summer went by quickly, and the longhouse was going smoothly. We just need to find another woodcutter to help us...

(First years are rather boring)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed. First years tend to be, though Ljosalfr snatchers are annoying things when they start coming. They're unarmed and fragile as all hell, but they run like the blazes so the only way to kill them is to have someone in their escape route. As for the Jotunn snatchers...
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Alright, I'm pretty sure it isn't working; I'm getting screw press instead of sawmill. Well, I guess we'll just have to use a LOT of logs...

did you do these copy and pastes in the raws located in the "save"?

because that should have worked, even saying Sawmill in the build>workshop menu instead of screw press.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did it to the main files, not the save, so I'll try that for the fall season.

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile

Journal entry two

Bad news we have something bad worse then jotun. We have "gasp"...a cat lover.... the horror if he protects those cats he will fall with them and he uses a bow a weaklings weapon. On another note I need more things to butcher
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhhh... Grim? Little problem. I got the sawmill up... But, uhh... It has no option to make planks

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhhh... Grim? Little problem. I got the sawmill up... But, uhh... It has no option to make planks

Did you put a correctly labelled reaction for planks into the reaction file and put the permission token into the entity file?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you put a correctly labelled reaction for planks into the reaction file and put the permission token into the entity file?
I copied everything you said and placed it accordingly

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then I have no idea why it isn't working, I'd need to see the RAWs as they are now to know what's not working.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then I have no idea why it isn't working, I'd need to see the RAWs as they are now to know what's not working.
I'll upload the file and send you a PM with it so you can see what happened. As far as I can tell, it thinks its a... Well, I have no idea what it is, because I never built it before :o

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've looked at the RAWs and you seem to be missing
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_SHARP_ROCK] in the entity file.

The building assigned for the planks reaction in the reaction_other file also needs changed to
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_C]
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Could I please be vikinged?  Any guy in the militia, I'll take him, name him Nix, and train him up to be a wrestler.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've looked at the RAWs and you seem to be missing
[REACTION:MAKE_SHARP_ROCK] in the entity file.

The building assigned for the planks reaction in the reaction_other file also needs changed to
[BUILDING:SCREW_PRESS:CUSTOM_C]
My modding skills are worse then god awful... Is the entity file the custom_building file?

the latter I can probably do

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6