Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The Great Norse Community: A Norse Fortress Mod Community Fort (All are welcome)  (Read 10233 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My modding skills are worse then god awful... Is the entity file the custom_building file?

No, it's entity_norse. There's a section of things like [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MEAD], you just need to add [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SHARP_ROCK] in that bit.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Ack, how did I miss that you guys were doing this!?  I'll totally take a migrant off your hands :P  See if you can find a male and name him Karkovius.  Make him whatever profession you need.  I really need to brush up on my DF modding so I can get back and help with this again.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

My modding skills are worse then god awful... Is the entity file the custom_building file?

No, it's entity_norse. There's a section of things like [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_MEAD], you just need to add [PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SHARP_ROCK] in that bit.
Alright, NOW lets try this thing out!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The auttumn breeze has given us a cold chill down our spines. Lumberjack FINALLY got the sawmill working, and we now have enough planks to finish the longhouse. However, I think more shelter may be required... More people have come to join us out here. We now have a craftsman named D'shaa and a few others. I held a little meeting with Karkovius, the ranger from last season and D'shaa and I asked them how the found us and why they're here. Karkovius told me he followed us by boat a day after they heard we left, but they got lost. D'shaa followed suit the next few hours and tried to follow Karkovius' group, but sailed a little too south before realising they were in the wrong area. Now I wonder if our old village survived the Jotun attack...

Lots of work is being done now. Wolf and the farmers are working together to make copper and iron bars, the farms are well tended to, and the cats and the dogs gave birth this month. Thanatos was quick to stalk the mewling, and within days of the poor thing being born, had it butchered. DwArfY was far from happy as she watched the mewling killed before her and cut into bits for food. She now refuses to eat meat that she hasn't harvested herself. I swear, this won't end well if these two keep at it... Fishing is going well enough, and D'shaa just told a few people stories about how he killed over 200 animal men in the plains of partnering. A great feat indeed, but will it be enough to fight Jotun if they find us?

DwArfY and Karkovius have been busy hunting, but i doubt their methods are proper; they fire a shot, get enraged and pound the poor deers to death with their bows. Well... If it's keeping food in our bellies, I have no complaints. My only hope is the longhouse is finished quickly; we have 18 people now, but Lumberjack is the only one who is working on shelter. I can only pray we make the winter with room for us all...

We made a tannery for the hunter's kills, and now we're watching the leaves change color. Winter is almost upon us, but I'm sure the longhouse will be done before then. We have plenty of food to last us the winter. I can only wonder what happened to the others back home...

(Grim... Please tell me Norsemen trade in the winter or wait a year for caravans... This is going to end up like bloody age, isn't it?)

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aye the caravan should arrive in winter.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile

Journal entry two Thanatos

The first success in the weocak initiative  (world extinction of cats and kittens) has happened. Today I may be the only member but we will grow. Soons those tiny furballs from hell will fear us. Their is a reason a dog is known as a dwarfs best friend and a cat a dirty elves best friend. Dogs have saved us time and time again standing at our sides in battle. What does a cat do it runs!!! We call cats friends I think not. Soon we shall bathe this world in the blood of cats. For the socks,for the socks FOR THE SOCKS!!!!!!!!.............. Where's that bloody ale
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Th4DwArfY1, Journal Entry Two

Thanatos has grown even more crazed with blood lust. Today, he hunted down and killed one of my new-born kittens. This is beyond the pail. I still see the smears of blood, still hear his crazed laughter at the butcher shop. And why in the name of all that's holy does he keep shouting about socks! That one needs watching.

All is not horrific though.The construction of the log house is under way, and I can see, like a dream just out of sight, it as being a haven for Norse, Cat and Dog alike. The Jotun will not have us! Not while I have bolts in my quiver. Every day I grow stronger, and my new friend Karkovius and I get on well in the hunt. We both enjoy the kill, watching the animal turn to pulp under our bows. So shall we meet any enemy that threatens us! And yet, I can't help but worry about my cats, and hope no harm comes to them in my absence...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

wasara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll take the next carpenter that comes along please. Hopefully I'll be able to learn a few more tidbits about modding by following his thread.
Poor Wasara. This fort really doesn't seem to like you too much. All the more reason to continue to help beat it into submission.

dshannon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

D'shaa, Journal Entry 1

Today I heard tell that on their latest hunt, Th4DwArfY1 and Karkovius proved that this new home is worth fighting to survive in with the proper norse way, by tackling their prey with their raw strength. Now while they still apparently used their bows for the job, I find new found respect for the men I now live with. I look forward to carving up those deer into fine gourds, the boys truly earnt it. I can only hope that we get some even greater game in these lands soon, a mans glory is only as great as the battles he's fought after all.

However the same I can hardly be saying of Thanatos, I swear the poor guys got a few screws loose if he thinks a little kitten is worth his time, I have to say though, at the very least it did make a decent snack. On that note, I wonder if there are any beasts in these parts that I could deem worthy of being my pet? Truly a question I will need to ponder on.....

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile

Could I have the nest mason/stone worker/engraver that arrives, please? It would be interesting to have him carve runestones or something like that.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The cold winter wind reminded them all of home, and still they worked, tirelessly. Day after day of hard work and labor, and their patience paid off; the longhouse was completed. The fight against the winter winds would be easier now they had proper shelter. They then worked on a granary for their excess amounts of food; they needed more barrels to store their food, and extra space to put it all. They brought up a kitchen and a few other workshops, such as a clothier, so they can eat and be warm in the winter months. During a snowstorm, a caravan was spotted and traded with the norsemen warriors. They traded spears, helmets and other equipment they had lying about for food and other goods. Highmax stood in wonder as the final days of the calendar approached, about getting a barracks put up soon. They would take longer then usual for this, but it would be worth it; they needed the training. If the Jotun found them, they would all be doomed... Thanatos became a trader since he talked to the traders when everyone was busy. He was then promoted to becoming broker.
(grim, gonna be honest, I have no idea what is what on the noble screen. Even the mod screen is unclear on who is who. Care to give me a rundown?)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 07:34:42 pm by highmax28 »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could've sworn I'd put a rundown of nobles in the README file. Ah well.

Jarl: King.

Hersir: Militia Commander.

Oegn: Militia Captain.

Hauld: Expedition Leader and Broker.

Laeknir: Chief Medical Norseman.

Skald/Runekeeper: Accountant/Manager, name depends on version.

Sysselmann: Duke   

Lennsmann: Baron   

Berserker Champion: Leads squad of berserkers.      

Headsman: Hammerer, but with an axe rather than a hammer.

This help?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most certainly so! Thanks!

jrrocks05

• Bay Watcher
  • serial killer at large
    • View Profile

I want berserker champion

Journal entry 4

Socks socks socks socks socks death to cat........gghhbhffvhjvcatdeath hgchrvhdbjm. Ftfseb
We fear not to walk in the valley of death for we are the baddest most vicious unforgiving motherf---en dwarves in this valley

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want berserker champion

Journal entry 4

Socks socks socks socks socks death to cat........gghhbhffvhjvcatdeath hgchrvhdbjm. Ftfseb
Taken by me already, sorry

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6