Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340574 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #3930 on: August 25, 2019, 12:09:15 pm »

: No kidding. Things changed so little even the same humans that caused trouble back then are still doing so. Even if they're skeletons now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: August 25, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »

"Skeletons for now. After what we'll do to them they won't be causing any trouble."

"..."

"Unless they can come back as ghosts or something. Then we're all screwed."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: August 26, 2019, 10:51:36 am »

Kat sighed.

"Who knows? Even if the world's leaders say 'monsters are OK now' there'll still be people who have their own opinions. We'll just have to keep on doing the best we can day to day. Tomorrow's winds will blow tomorrow, as the saying goes."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: August 26, 2019, 08:03:18 pm »

"I wish we could work together, but...If I was asleep for so long and nothing changed, something tells me we won't be treated nicely whenever we attempt to communicate with them again."
Amethyst tilted in confusion at the mention of skeletons.
"Skeletons? I wasn't aware the undead were still around...I do remember them being very picky customers-Unless you didn't mind hearing some bad puns, then it was a lot easier to strike deals with them."
"Do you already know the culprit behind...Well, all of this? I am not sure what is going on, or why I even fell asleep but I do hope it doesn't happen again."

Finally Even stepped in scratching his back holding a candle and glanced at Kaarina for a moment.
"Don't talk about ghosts, they give bad luck. I want to get rich yet, and those things are lame. Also lame to kill."
"Who is the purple candle? Also what the hell do ya want to do with the Knightler dude? I ain't going to carry someone around if he isn't going to fight."

"Who knows? Even if the world's leaders say 'monsters are OK now' there'll still be people who have their own opinions. We'll just have to keep on doing the best we can day to day. Tomorrow's winds will blow tomorrow, as the saying goes."
"Unfortunately that is also true, but I suppose having leaders at least treating them nicely is something instead of starting some sort of monster hunt the moment they return. Guess I might have to change that wish when we reach the gates, this feels a lot more urgent."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: August 26, 2019, 08:31:42 pm »

"She's a dullahan, Even you asshole." Lycan tactfully and gently reproached the merchant.

"And the undead we're talkin' about are like, figures of history given unlife. So were there skeletonized humans back in your time as well?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: August 28, 2019, 10:34:49 am »

"What? It isn't like I would have guessed, we had been seeing all sorts of shit."
Even gave a shrug and began examining the place without bothering to ask if he had the permission to do so.
  "Ooh, some fancy stuff here. Enchanted weapons can rack up a lot of gold..."

The dullahan shook her head and placed a gloved hand against her face for a moment, trying to pretend none of that was happening before turning her attention back to Lycan.
"Figures of history given life? You will have to forgive me, I am not sure what figures are these you speak of-Back then I just remember seeing a lot of Terranian troops passing by."
"But of course! We had two kinds of undead back then; those who were always like that and well...Humans who were skeletons. The latter usually were still around after striking deals with the Reaper from what I heard. Some by their sheer will to keep living or desire for vengeance, needless to say the ones with a sense of humor were the skeletons who were naturally that way!"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: August 28, 2019, 10:57:22 am »

Seraphim as considering giving Evan a smack or a shock for embarrassing him in front of his entire race but stopped when he heard the last part.

: Deals with the Reaper? ...Adant mentioned the Reaper. Along with other gods that he said were "cowards", unlike whatever entity was helping them.

: Are we dealing with a war of gods here?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: August 28, 2019, 11:27:24 am »

"Why would the Reaper be seen as a coward? A being that guides souls and is willing to let people live a while longer while working for him doesn't strike me as...Well, coward. Prisma was kind enough to tell us about those religions, but I am not quite sure what sort of entity would be helping this figure you speak of. Perhaps The Great Venom?"

Even stopped moving his grabby hands around at the sight of so many weapons when he heard the words "war of gods", which made him flinch for a moment.
"We...Kinda saw Titan a while back, you know pal. So I think we might be doomed or somethin', so you might want to enjoy your life as much as you can. Especially if we end up bumping into the Defender, that rule-sucking bastard will kill us for sure!"

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: August 28, 2019, 11:36:14 am »

Seraphim lifted his hands in defense.

: He said it, not me.

: Now I don't have much idea about gods, but the cultists were pretty into cleansing and they were being led by one such angry former-human-turned-skeleton.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: August 28, 2019, 02:55:51 pm »

"..."
"...Did I return just in time to see this continent be destroyed by gods? Goodness me..."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: August 28, 2019, 06:29:19 pm »

"Ha, I hope not! Gods are above my pay grade and my power grade."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: August 28, 2019, 06:51:28 pm »

"Maybe it won't be as bad as all that. I'm gonna hope, anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: August 29, 2019, 09:22:20 am »

"This is truly concerning...Prisma did warn me about something we 'forgot' a long time ago..."
"I really hope this isn't what she was talking about."

"This is a shitshow, so who cares? Get drunk, steal as much as you can and have fun."
====
"I suppose we can only hope...But just in case I might try to wish for some balance too."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 09:31:27 am by Praefectus Screptum »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: August 29, 2019, 09:45:18 pm »

"Even is finally talking my language."

"I don't see any booze though and I ain't stealing from our friend here so I can't exactly do any of it."

"I doubt that any gods will smash any continents anytime soon. We'll smash in the faces of some cross-eyed, flea-bitten cultists, rebury a skeleton, and call it a day. Nothing simpler."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: August 29, 2019, 10:18:41 pm »

"Just a whole lot of smashing, huh, Kaarina?"
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 309