Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340613 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #3915 on: August 22, 2019, 02:49:52 pm »

Slowly Vandertz pushed the door a tad to stumble away from the wall.
"REALLY wish I didn't take off my helmet."

"Oh, sorry dear! Didn't mean to hit you with the door, it is just that...Everything but customers had been knocking on my door since I built it."
"Why wouldn't I be friendly? It is a very pleasant surprise to see so many people visiting me!"
  "Reminds me of when we all were able to get along. Dullahans, humans, everyone..."
The dullahan turned her attention to seraphim and placed a gloved hand under her burning chin.
"Look at you! You remind me of my husband, Greaves! He was also an adventurer back then, a fancy and shiny armor containing the essence of an explorer."
"Oh, where are my manners...My name is Amethyst, it is a pleasure to meet you all! Well...It is difficult to say, I woke up a few weeks ago, this place looks a bit odd. My forge was all ruined and dusty so  I had to put it all back together."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: August 22, 2019, 02:56:44 pm »

Ignorant to Vandertz facepain, Seraphim glowered.

: Thanks! I made it myself.

: Was? I'm sorry to hear that.

: I also woke up recently. I was found at Crossport, over at Sylvinir, and these guys took me in when cultists attacked the city. After that we made our way here and cleared some undead. We're heading for the Gates.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: August 22, 2019, 03:03:55 pm »

"Making your own armor alone? My, my, I really hope Greaves and my daughter can hear  more about you sometime! It does consume a lot from a Dullahan to build a full set without a base."
"Oh, mourn not for I am sure he is still around! Or so I hope...He was heading to Mernid when I...Fell asleep? I am sure he is awake around there-"
She froze at the mention of the gates and cultists, growing a lot more concerned about something.
"Oh no...So this is still going...The Gates! That's where she was going back then! I told her to not go, but she wanted to go further with her rune research..."
"Please, if  you do find her, bring her back...I can't-I-I really hope she is safe..."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: August 22, 2019, 03:22:17 pm »

: Oh, ok. Mernid? I was told my friends met another dullahan before meeting me. He was a blacksmith too.

: Fear not, we are a very effective group. We annihilated several armies worth of undead and their commanders, gathered plenty of treasure and made our way right to the Gates! I won't leave another dullahan to their fate if I can help it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: August 22, 2019, 03:31:45 pm »

"Are you gonna be OK, Van? That looked like it hurt."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: August 22, 2019, 05:49:46 pm »

"Really!? How did he look like? Blue armor? No helmet too? Did the doofus even give out his name? He is terrible at introductions!"
"Thank you...The least I can do is to provide you darlings with my weapons. I think she left some of her tomes around here too, so perhaps they can be of use too. Our sweet Prisma always had a thing for ancient magic, and while it isn't...Well, very used for forging, we let her follow her dreams."

"Are you gonna be OK, Van? That looked like it hurt."
"Just a tad disoriented. Might need to sit down for a bit, that felt like someone hit me in the face with a shield."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: August 22, 2019, 09:47:32 pm »

"Blue and gold armor, blue flames for head and face." Lycan said.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: August 22, 2019, 10:45:00 pm »

"Poor guy."

Kat walked over and gently rubbed his forehead, which was slightly discolored from taking the brunt of the impact.

"I'm no healer, but I can do this much. Unless you wanna risk me trying to brew some kinda potion for ya, but I don't know that much about being a witch yet."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: August 23, 2019, 07:04:40 am »

"Blue and gold armor, blue flames for head and face." Lycan said.
"That must be Greaves! Thank the Forge Master he is alive and safe...I was so worried! If what Seraphim said is true, I need find a way to let him know I am still around before those cultists find him."
"I am so sorry for dragging you into this family problem, it is just that those Gates...I am not sure if I can bring myself to step close to it after what happened-And I literally haven't fought in a long time."

"Thank you, Kat. I am sure she didn't mean it."
Vandertz moved a hand up to rest it on top of hers and smiled.
"It is fine! Just gonna sit for a bit, getting a headache is a price I am willing to pay to find another friendly face."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: August 23, 2019, 07:30:04 am »

"We can sit outside for a bit and let everyone else handle the shopping."

Kat found a comfortable patch of ground and sat on her knees, then patted the ground next to her.

"Here!"

"You can use my lap as a pillow. I'm a little bony but at least it'll be better than the ground."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3925 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:53 am »

Ociel nearly offered to take care of Vandertz's injury, but elected to leave Kat to it if that was going to be her approach.
"I think I recall his location fairly well. I could head back there once we've finished with this errand and let him know."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: August 23, 2019, 12:21:54 pm »

"I suppose we can do that, yeah. They can explain to us whatever we miss whenever we go inside."
Vandertz shrugged before moving closer to sit by Kat's side, only to freeze for a moment at her offer.
"I mean...If you don't mind, that would be nice."
Those last words almost came out was mumbling before he carefully laid down and rested his head on her lap, giving out a sigh of relief.
"It surely feels nice to take a moment to relax after a battle, even if I am still a bit dizzy. Who knew Rundum still had so much to be seen by us..."

The dullahan performed a brief bow in response to Ociel's offer.
"Thank you, I really do appreciate the assistance  you are all willing to provide. I just wish there were more understanding humans around...Back then we were living in some very difficult times, and it seems things didn't change at all."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 12:23:42 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: August 23, 2019, 12:29:04 pm »

Kat gently ran her hands through Vandertz's hair as he rested.

"Yeah. We might as well take it easy while we can. Once we use that key, I think our lives are going to be pretty exciting for years - if not the rest of our lives."

"Things are gonna change, a lot. I dunno what'll happen to the world once all the old tales are back. Hopefully things will be better, though."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: August 24, 2019, 02:29:57 pm »

"I think this adventure of ours is already pretty exciting and eventful on its own, don't you agree? We had been traveling for so long and seeing all sort of things."
Vandertz sighed and closed his eyes again.
"...Yeah, they will. That's exactly what I am worried about, I am not sure how others will react to monsters suddenly coming out of portals, I really hope this doesn't turn into a war."
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:01:21 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3929 on: August 25, 2019, 10:41:48 am »

"It's not a problem at all. I should thank you for the chance to do more good in the mortal world. As you said, these are difficult times; perhaps if humans and nonhumans work together, we can make them easier."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 309