Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340847 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #3660 on: March 19, 2019, 08:59:58 am »

"I am not WEIRD! You can shut your yapper, Lycan, you reek like booze and blood and that bug-ass looking bastard ain't winning any beauty contest either!"

"Ah. So you do not know."
"The troops of the territory referred as 'Terrania' happened. Back then there was a war involving them and all the other territories, during said time they were spreading their territory nonstop. We happened to be in 'their way', so they managed to create a spell to lock away non-humans in an attempt to get rid of 'monsters' inhabiting territories they desired to conquer. Considering this is the first time I see a Dullahan in generations, it seems their spell did work."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 19, 2019, 11:51:04 am »

: It did more than just lock them away. It also stifled the magic that we subsisted on, so that even if other dullahans were left here, they wouldn't be more than inanimated armors, like me until very recently.

Seraphim nodded to the Weaver.

: Thank you. Now I'm finally starting to piece together what happened. Adant, Avalon...They all seem to be related to the Terrania from that time. They're trying to wipe everyone else out. But this time it's us that will wipe the floor with them.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 19, 2019, 04:13:57 pm »

"Is that so? Then it is safe to assume that lock is breaking if you are here now, another war will arrive the moment those prisoners come out."
"Another attempt to wipe people out? I thought Terrania was already satisfied after getting rid of so many different creatures. Well, I delayed your group for far too long, now we will prepare OUR own move against them this time."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 19, 2019, 08:05:25 pm »

"I'm out of booze an' I wash after battles. Don't try and fool yourself, Even."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:50:27 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 19, 2019, 09:10:13 pm »

"You are still ugly as hell."
"...I will just show you the direction. You can find them towards the road leading to a very ancient territory."
"Thank you, we will deal. We will take our leave now."

CHAPTER 10: EYE OF THE STORM

The group barely reached the road and were already halted by a group of grumbling humanoids-The same corrupted creatures they encountered in the desert, but apparently the skeletons managed to raise a much more experienced army this time. The Weaver's description made a lot more sense now that they were standing so close to them, while they were no skeletons yet they certainly weren't showing any signs of life either...They were merely puppets, the way they were moving didn't look normal, and the grunting made it all too clear they weren't capable of speaking properly anymore. One brief look behind was enough to see the Weaver wasn't completely gone, instead others seemed to be grouping up with it before they ran into the woods; it was clear the figure wasn't joking about preparing their own move.

The massive skeleton figure covered in a mix of leather and plate armor noticed the arrival of the adventurers, specifically because of the other pieces reacting to his own, and that was all he needed before giving an order to his army.

"I see 'em, OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!"

Player's Turn!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:25:58 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 20, 2019, 01:40:35 pm »

: They brought this storm, right? They can have it! Seraphim advances between the druids and channels down the power of the storm at the mounted knights.

6-6 Electric Grave CG1!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3666 on: March 20, 2019, 02:26:23 pm »

"Well, at least they're direct."

Earth Sword CDR2
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 20, 2019, 05:43:39 pm »

Seraphim versus CG1: 147+25-52= 120, Autohit! Roll: 1, Critical!
48-10= 38x3= 114 Damage!
34 Damage bounces to CPa2!
Apparently the storm attended to the Dullahan's call, striking him with a lightning bolt to overcharge his armored form before being released right against the mounted knight, not only completely shattering and dismantling its form, but also the excessive amount of electricity bounced to the rider nearby.
Ociel versus CDR2: 144-64= 80 Hit Rate. Roll: 1, Critical!
42-14= 28x3= 84 Damage!
After Ociel raised his blade, not only it charged with its normal energy, but apparently the storm powered it enough to release an energy bolt strong enough to turn the druid into ashes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 20, 2019, 05:50:33 pm »

"Welp. I don't see the rest of us matching that."

Kat took her tome out and idly flipped though it as she walked forward.

"I'll just finish off this bozo instead."

Kat to 6,5 and Eclipse Cpa2!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 20, 2019, 08:16:24 pm »

Kat versus CPa2: 136+15-74= 77 Hit Rate. Roll: 34, Hit!
45+4-16= 33 Damage.
440 Gold obtained!
The paladin is sleeping, sleeping forever.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 20, 2019, 11:43:45 pm »

"Thanks, Ociel. That thing just went an''appeared all up on me."

Lycan noticed the heavily-armored frontline, and with the druid nearby taken care of, he advanced with his flame spear in hand. While he considered using his new spear, he decided to rely on the tried-and-true flaming spear since magic seemed to work just fine against them, as demonstrated by Seraphim.

"Ahah, still can't fault this magicky feelin'."

Lycan to 6-8, apply Gargoyle Flame Spear to CG2.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 21, 2019, 05:30:40 pm »

Lycan versus CG2: 145+10+5+15-52= 123 Hit Rate. Autohit! Roll: 2, Critical!
45+1+1-10= 37x3= 111 Damage!
Apparently the storm didn't stop the burning spear from igniting itself, and charging enough energy to transform itself into a large blazing spear that easily went through the heavy armor before exploding, resulting in a mess of armor pieces flying everywhere along with the smell of burnt flesh.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3672 on: March 21, 2019, 07:53:41 pm »

"If this keeps going, we're not going to have much of an issue, are we?" Ociel sent up a silent prayer of thanks; clearly, they were on the right path.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 22, 2019, 05:56:24 pm »

Move to (7, 7) and iron axe GPa1.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 22, 2019, 06:20:22 pm »

(7,6), katana CIn1, (4,6) if the spellbook drops i wana pass it to someone that can use it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 309