Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339878 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #2595 on: July 26, 2017, 01:05:39 pm »

That weird metaphor still made him rub the side of his head before giving a slow nod.
"Well, as long as you are feeling good, I have no issues hanging out with a spicy potato! And from the looks of it, the gem at least worked to enhance your magic powers, I noticed you taking down those crimson guards without issue."
Her little joke related to Kaarina made him grin and give a playful tap on the top of her hat.
"Come on Kat, control yourself. There is plenty more of salt ahead, considering how grumpy she gets whenever we are fighting. So save  your other salt puns for when we get that far."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: July 26, 2017, 02:36:33 pm »

"That's what I meant. Older me was a salty potato - still the same look and personality and mostly the same abilities, but now the spice is changed! I don't think I'm quite as strong or tough as I used to be, but now my magic is way stronger. I think we're better off for it; I'm a little more useful to the team this way."

"Aw, you know me Van! If I couldn't control myself I'd be running off with everyone's money right now and retiring somewhere peaceful! We managed to amass so much gold recently."

"I think Lycan's about to spend a whole lot of it, though. Ah, well. I'll just grab some more off of the idiots trying to get in our way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: July 28, 2017, 07:24:16 am »

"Just a 'little'? Come on now Kat, you were doing amazing out there."
"I was just teasing you. And you really shouldn't worry about that, it is a long way until Rundum, we will probably get plenty more gold before getting there. Plus there is still the whole wish thing when we reach the gates!"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: July 28, 2017, 04:48:54 pm »

"After everything we've gone through and seen do you still believe that there's wishes at the end of this rainbow? I wouldn't be surprised if we crack the thing open and end up getting burnt to a crisp for our troubles."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: July 28, 2017, 07:13:07 pm »

Vandertz rolled his eyes in response.
"For someone who doesn't believe in any of that, don't you think it is weird that you are still going with us? I am sure you are expecting something good behind those gates yet. All these weird things happening are just making my hopes rise, if those skeletons are trying to get there first it is pretty obvious it is containing something good."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: July 28, 2017, 07:34:12 pm »

"I'm not expecting anything good," Kaarina replies, crossing her arms. "But you said it yourself. We've made a ton of gold so far and we'll make plenty more before we reach them. As long as I get a cut of it beforehand I'll be plenty happy."

"Hell. I don't need any gate to get what I want. All I need is enough money to retire someplace that ain't shitty. And right now that involves sticking with you guys and all of the cash you're making. So is any of this really that surprising?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 29, 2017, 07:58:14 pm »

Lycan goes on a purchase spree.
A shitload of things were bought, make sure to do some  inventory management now as they will be all sent to the storage. 14250-14375= 125 Gold!
The huge pile of gold resting on the table was enough to make it break.
"...I honestly have no idea how you gathered that quantity of gold, but this is more than enough to start my business in a town!"
"Pleasure doing business with you!"
A shitload of things obtained! They were all sent to the storage.
"Grumpy as always, Kaarina. I can't deny you aren't losing much here with how easily we earn money, and I bet if we end up getting a fortune from the gates you will want your part."
"Well...Guess we don't have more gold to spend at the moment, so we probably should head to Sylvinir.  The sooner we get there, the sooner we find that passage."

Meanwhile:
"My liege, our operation at the Badlands failed. Ryan was killed, and that same group that took the first key piece claimed the second one."
"Hmm. So they really do want to dive into their own grave...I will send Avalon to delay their progress. And I will make sure to contact a friend of mine. A certain god might be willing to help us, as long as we let these lands rot."
"Avalon! Head to Sylvinir and cause chaos, with magic flowing again these fools will be afraid of anything, so make them angry. Make them burn down their own city!"
"Understood. I will be there in no time."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 30, 2017, 07:51:52 am »

"we will probably get plenty more gold before getting there..."
...made a ton of gold so far..."

"Damn straight we have! I'm a wheeling, dealing, gold-stealing machine!"

Kat pressed her thumb against her chest in a rather self-aggrandizing manner.

"Anyway let's say you do get a wish. What would you want, Kaarina?"

The witch figured the party could walk towards Sylvanir while they talked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: July 30, 2017, 08:46:45 am »

"Grumpy as always, Kaarina. I can't deny you aren't losing much here with how easily we earn money, and I bet if we end up getting a fortune from the gates you will want your part."

"The key word is 'if'. I'm not holding out hopes that you guys actually will."

"Anyway let's say you do get a wish. What would you want, Kaarina?"

"Geez. I know we were just talking about gold but I thought you were paying more attention than that, Kat. I said that I wanted enough gold to retire on. Nothing fancy."

"Nothing fancy enough to dick around with a gate that'll probably end up killing whoever uses it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 30, 2017, 02:11:27 pm »

"It was just a question, jeez. There's really nothing you want more than gold?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 30, 2017, 03:03:26 pm »

"Well. It is Kaarina, but as long as she is willing to chop things I don't mind the grumpiness. It is still a long way to Rundum if we aren't taking a ship."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 30, 2017, 03:21:28 pm »

"It ain't the gold I'm wanting. Not exactly. It's the stuff I can do with it. Stuff I don't need any stupid gates to do for me."

"I'm pretty sure that I've said this about three times now, Kat. Try and pay a little more attention."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 30, 2017, 03:45:09 pm »

"To me, gold and everything it can buy are kinda the same thing. Anyway, what about you Van?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 30, 2017, 03:59:00 pm »

"You already know my plans. Just get enough gold to start my wyvern transport business in Rundum. And finally have some time to relax and also let Orihalcon sleep as much as it wants."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: July 30, 2017, 04:22:09 pm »

"...That's basically money too..."

She supposed she wasn't one to talk. She had no idea what she would wish for.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 309