Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340263 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1890 on: March 23, 2015, 02:39:25 am »

Aura looked to her left, then behind her, then nudged Elend.

"Either I'm hallucinating or the people you saw are alive. Just like you, I'm very glad to see no harm done."

She pulled out another paper snippet from her book. It was good to keep bookmarks in the shape of talismans at hand, staying close to the pegasus rider.

"They seem to be headed for the towers. Could you speak with them? I'm a bit occupied here. Knightler, hold the line! The armor you've got is a blessing!"

Order Knightler (probably to use any special which can be used at the moment) to stay in place and attack the Blood Hunter

Plan to move to 2-10; Lightning the BonS1!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 02:45:40 am by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 24, 2015, 06:43:45 am »

Responding to being nudged, Elend glances at Luce, then closes her eyes, the play of a slight smile evident on her lips.

"Yes, alive, but for how long?"

The new people seemed helpful, but that was all. They'd probably die as well.

"I'll admit that it does seem I wrote us off too quickly, though. Perhaps with these strangers here, we may stand a chance."

is what she said, but in reality, what help could they be?

She flies higher into the air and shouts out to the Knight, the Warrior and the Soldier nearby to her. They seem quite far, but from her position, her voice should reach all of them. At least she hoped it would, she couldn't be sure unless they responded.

"WHO ARE YOU? WHY DO YOU COME HERE?"

As if it mattered.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:22:01 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 24, 2015, 12:48:14 pm »

After successfully braining one of the enemies, Lycan smiled and moved on.

"I'M LYCAN."

"And we are the closest thing to cavalry you'll get!" he completed as he entered a short sprint to take care of the dangerous-looking undead.

Move to 4, 13. Killer Pilum Abomination 1.
Spoiler: Combat Stats (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 24, 2015, 03:10:08 pm »

"Geez, there's no need to yell you two. You're practically standing right next to each other."

"I'm one to talk though. Look, right now all you guys need to know is that we're here to fight the undead, just like you. So not turning around and smacking us in the ass when we're finished would be appreciated. We can sort everything out after the battle, but for now we've got half-rotted, chicken-headed monsters to deal with."

Equip iron axe and smack BonS1.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:19:05 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 24, 2015, 07:12:20 pm »

"I'M LYCAN."

"And we are the closest thing to cavalry you'll get!"

"I like that guy already."

"Geez, there's no need to yell you two. You're practically standing right next to each other."
"And battle humor...oh, I'm liking these people here."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 24, 2015, 07:24:05 pm »

"I really am cavalry though, buncha mutter mutter mutter..."

Move to 6,14, shoot Entombed 1, canto to 5,14.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 25, 2015, 05:40:39 am »

"You are far too trusting, Luce. However, at the very least we can be sure they will help us destroy these undead."

Maybe, possibly. It was still a slim chance. The undead were incredibly strong, harder to defeat than any foe she had ever faced before.

"And that is really all we can hope for right now."

But could they really hope for anything?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:23:11 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 25, 2015, 07:17:06 am »

"We're right here you know, and we can hear you both just fine. You don't have to talk over our heads like that. Unless you really want to be rude."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:14:02 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:33 am »

"Hey, right here." Lycan humorously pointed out to Elend after having moved much closer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 25, 2015, 04:56:25 pm »

There voices did seem to carry quite far, strangely enough. Elend was certain that the strangers were too far away to reach except by yelling... It seems she had misjudged.

"I'm not one to be rude, but we are on a battlefield. The mysterious cavalry riding to the rescue seems too good to be true, and I'm wary that it is. I'm certain you understand my misgivings."

Elend then shifts her eyes to Lycan.

"Brilliant. Lycan, was it? Your strength must be monstrous. How do you move like that in so much armor?"

He seemed like he might have a chance. If he ran, he would survive. If she ran, she would also survive, but she couldn't. Not now. Death finds anyone no matter what they try and do. It was pointless.
Or was it? Maybe she'd been too trapped in her own thoughts to see properly before. These new strangers seemed to be capable of handling the undead quite brilliantly.
Yes, it was definitely true, now that she looked harder... 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:25:36 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 25, 2015, 05:30:06 pm »

"Haven't you heard the one about the gift horse? We're here fighting the undead just like you. Even if we do jump you afterwards, which we won't, would you be any worse off than if we never showed up? Shesh. And what's so impressive about Lycan? If I had a set of armour like that would you be going all googly eyes over me too?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 25, 2015, 05:46:04 pm »

"Haven't you ever heard of the wooden horse?

Your impressiveness has awed me so much I was too nervous to speak, barely believing it to be real. Didn't you notice my eyes flitting to you as I spoke to Lycan? You don't need armor to make me go google-eyed...

May I have your name?"

Asking for names, how foolish, it was a waste of breath. Yet still, she had began to see hope, in the figure of the girl with the axe and her monstrous strength. What she was saying was ridiculous, but if they were going to be her last words, she wanted them to be something out of the ordinary.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:35:39 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 25, 2015, 05:59:19 pm »

"Yeah, but the wooden horse didn't- Ah, we can argue about this later. Right now we've got more important stuff to worry about. And don't try to weasel out of things. We both know that you had eyes only for Lycan."

"I'm Kaarina, and I'm nicer than I seem right now. Unless you manage to really piss me off. You've got a name too, right?"

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:08 pm »

"But you misunderstand, I was forced to avert my eyes from you for the brightness of your splendor. The glare of your brilliance would have forced me to close them, a fatal mistake in a battle such as this."

God, how embarrassing, but still, she persisted with the ridiculous words coming from her mouth. To any onlooker it would likely make her seem deranged, but she didn't care. Not now. Not when it looked like she had a chance of getting out of this alive.

"Kaarina, huh... I see. I like it. My name is Elend. Kalte, if we're exhanging last names as well, and I'm less cynical and... Flowery, than I seem right now. Life and death situations do take their toll though, I'm afraid."

She decided to acknowledge her own weirdness. In some strange way, she hoped it would make her utterances less insane.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:39:42 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 25, 2015, 07:37:56 pm »

"Flattery will get you nowhere you know," Kaarina replies, sounding less sure than her words would suggest.

"Tell you what. Once this is all over we'll get something to drink and do some proper introductions. It'll be better than what we're doing right now."
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 309