Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339832 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1695 on: January 17, 2015, 12:34:20 am »

"I... uhm... That's a thing? I... don't really know much about the Gate."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 17, 2015, 01:18:21 am »

"Guess you didn't hear the legends, then?" Resting his mug on the table, Lycan recalled that particular tale. Many times, all that the less wealthy people had for comfort when younger were heroic or fantasious stories which kindled hopes and provided some entertainment.

"Are you familiar with what's said to be waiting for anyone who opens them, though? Piles of gold and power enough to make you much stronger." The fact he had been enhanced after taking that piece of the key in a way not unlike a magical item would be able to was proof that was not all talk. "I wouldn't want to have that magic runnin' through me all the time, but I wouldn't say no to a nice weapon and some riches."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 17, 2015, 01:21:26 am »

"I... may have heard some of that. I don't quite recall. My parents tended to, uhm, discourage my listening to such tales when they heard that I wasn't interested in being a Sister. They, uhm, tried to keep me from finding such things desirable I suppose. But... greater magic could be interesting."

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 17, 2015, 01:45:39 am »

Maiya, who had been previously content to just listen, finally spoke. "So, does everyone who reaches it get a piece? Usually these types of legends only apply to one recipient."
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 17, 2015, 01:58:00 am »

"Now, now. We have enough trouble with Terrania and those skeletons, we don't need more for borrowing something without their permission."

"I don't always take things. Sometimes I just wanna look! That and I bet there are a ton of tall places to climb up to."

The small thief turned to Maiya.

"Well, that's the thing, isn't it? We don't know what's beyond those gates... but we get to be the first to find out, and we can figure out how to share what it is when we get there!"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 17, 2015, 03:04:32 am »

: "If there's any money or power, ye all can keep it. I don't need any."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 17, 2015, 10:13:32 am »

"Personally I think that the gates are half-baked, chicken-shit covered, offal. They aren't true is what I'm saying. If something like that ever existed then those who made it would still be around and ruling us all or something. You don't give up ultimate power just like that."

"I wouldn't mind being proved wrong though. It'd be a pleasant surprise. And if only one person gets to use the gates, then they'll just have to wish up enough wealth and power to share among us all, right? It'd be the fair thing to do."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 17, 2015, 10:59:09 am »

:"...I came for the journey, not money."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 17, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »

"I'm mostly in it for adventure, too. Though money is always nice."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 17, 2015, 02:10:42 pm »

"Considering you are a soldier from Terrania, that doesn't surprise me that much. They prefer to keep tales and other things that may "distract" people in secret while they do their own researches."
Vandertz shrugged and opened the map again, leaving it over the table before running a finger along the marked path.
"It isn't really about people giving up on the Gates, it is about people -not- finding the key to open it. And if Lycan received some power just for getting a small piece of the key, who knows what lies behind the Gates!"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:29:07 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 18, 2015, 02:10:16 am »

"She wasn't groomed to be a soldier, she was just sheltered. Her parents didn't want their daughter gettin' in any adventures. And I did taste some power. Even if everythin' else is a lie, the riches should be true enough."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 20, 2015, 12:28:02 am »

Kat drummed her fingers on the table for a moment, then approached Lesan.

"Hey. Whatcha thinking about?"

She was kind of curious about Lesan. He had always seemed to avoid her - and other girls, come to think of it - and she wondered what that was all about.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 20, 2015, 10:29:45 am »

"Well? Are we drunk enough to reminisce about old battles yet? Or is everybody else too scared thinking about what could be behind the gates? You've all gone quiet on me," she says after glaring at everyone for a couple seconds.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 20, 2015, 10:48:26 am »

Kat drummed her fingers on the table for a moment, then approached Lesan.

"Hey. Whatcha thinking about?"

She was kind of curious about Lesan. He had always seemed to avoid her - and other girls, come to think of it - and she wondered what that was all about.

Lesan looked down at the cup in his hands rather than Kat. "Oh, uh. I dunno. Archer stuff I guess." Lesan took a glance to the side, looking for some way out of the conversation already, when he spotted Sophie. A blush came to his cheeks as he stared resolutely into his mead. "U-u-u-u-m, shouldn't s-somebody tell Sophie to put some clothes on?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:14 am »

Kat looked over at the dancer and shrugged.

"Seems fine to me. Then again, considering where I grew up I guess I'm used to seeing women wearing a lot less."

She sat down next to - more like near, since she didn't want to make him too uncomfortable - Lesan and laced her fingers together on the table.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I gotta ask. Do you... not like girls? It seems like you go out of your way to avoid looking at or talking to us."
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 309