Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339787 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1680 on: January 16, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »

"Uhuh. But that's still up to chance. Unless you're paying for good bodyguards you can't rely on your customers protecting you. Most peasants are terrible fighters, and people rarely start shit without backup from their friends. Who are probably just as heavily armed. It doesn't matter how liked you are, nobody is going to interfere with a bunch burly men with axes. Well, unless you're a bunch of burly men with axes too. Ah, you know what I'm getting at."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 16, 2015, 02:52:22 pm »

"There's also the bit that most people don't wanna spit inside the mug they drink from, or do worse."

"You ruin a perfectly good waterin' hole, you're either a dumb bandit who's escaping law anyway or shit outta luck. In any case, I guess it's worth the risks and the innkeepers don't get shanked every day since there are still a lot of 'em around... Wait a bit."

Noticing Sophie's still sleeping soundly, Lycan leaves for a moment to get a blanket. Upon return, he heads straight towards her and lets the patchwork piece of linen drape over her shoulders to cover her body from prying eyes - as well as give Lesan an opportunity to look around without being paralyzed by embarrassment.

"Hey girl. You fine? Wanna drink a bit of mead before we ask Kat to take you to your room or somethin'?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 16, 2015, 02:55:19 pm »

In the cooler temperature, Sophie had returned from panicked babbling to being terse as usual.
:"...nwuh? Oh... sure."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 16, 2015, 03:13:16 pm »

"Great. Come here."

Lycan then led the dancer to the table where people were working on getting drunk. The knight at east had the common sense to get a smaller mug for Sophie since she didn't look like the type of person who liked to imbibe alcohol regularly.

"I've to say, joining this pack's been great. No one backed down from the skeletons either!"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 16, 2015, 03:14:56 pm »

"Well... I... After seeing the damage they did to our army... Uhm, I couldn't not try and help."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 16, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »

Sophie quietly sipped at her mug-- while she didn't really seem to care about the fact that it was alcoholic, Sophie was simply neat at both eating and drinking.
:"Desert was worse than the skeletons."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 16, 2015, 03:18:31 pm »

"We're still getting paid, right? Or whatever we're getting for going along with this. What I'm trying to say is that I have no thoughts of leaving. It's the best work I've had in a long time after all."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 16, 2015, 03:35:00 pm »

"I do know we're getting loot already and there's more promised in the future. It's the second red gemstone I see after joining this group and I can't complain about the scenario. Too bad the sack of bones escaped."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:46:41 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 16, 2015, 03:42:43 pm »

"Eh, whatever. I'm sure that we'll be running into him soon enough. He doesn't seem like the guy who'd leave us alone. Until we finally smack him down he'll be a thorn in our sides for a long while, so we should get an extra chance or two soon enough."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 16, 2015, 04:16:36 pm »

"Yeah, he'll probably be more of a bother next time too. We'll just smack him down before he chickens out."

:"Desert was worse than the skeletons."

"You had it really harsh back there, on the verge of faintin' nearly all the time."

"Well... I... After seeing the damage they did to our army... Uhm, I couldn't not try and help."

"It's good to have people around who'll protect your back even when fighting stuff that was supposed to be dead."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:27:55 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 16, 2015, 06:06:45 pm »

Vandertz raised a hand to prod Kat's forehead with a single digit.
"Now, now. We have enough trouble with Terrania and those skeletons, we don't need more for borrowing something without their permission."
The wyvern rider just shook his head in denial at the offer of something alcoholic to drink, preferring to just keep drinking water for now.
"Yes, the promise of money and power is still up. And now we have at least part of the key, so we are getting closer to what we are seeking."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:39:37 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 16, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »

"Hey, your loss." he said humorously to Vandertz as the other merc refused the mead.

Lycan took another generous swig of his mug before his gaze went around the table.

"Now that we seem closer to our objective... Did you think about what you want from the Gates?" he inquires of his nearby companions.
>Yes?

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 16, 2015, 11:25:44 pm »

"What... What we want?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 16, 2015, 11:32:59 pm »

"I've always been more interested in the power than the money, personally." Lesan said, looking into his container of mead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 17, 2015, 12:33:39 am »

"What... What we want?"

"Yeah. Power, riches, fame. That kind of thing." he explains.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 309