Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339761 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1665 on: January 16, 2015, 12:49:00 am »

Gordon drank water as he pondered. It had been a long and exhausting day, and although he didn't like to admit it his youth was long gone, taking his old stamina with it. Thankfully his mind continued to work properly even if he could barely stand for the moment.

: "Well Vandertz? Does tha map of yours give any hint as to where ta go next? Are we even on tha right track now?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 16, 2015, 12:57:50 am »

"More or less. The heat is pretty exhausting, isn't it?"
Vandertz shrugged at that before closing the map.
"It is, but at least now it is getting cold. And good thing there are trees around, I am not sure if I would be happy about passing my night in a the desert, even inside an Inn."
He glanced at the priest for a moment, nodding before speaking.
"Yes, we are in the right route, and if we got the part of the key it means the map wasn't lying at all. We will still need to cross many regions before really having access to the 'secret passage'. But I am quite sure the other parts of the key can be found while we try to get there."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 16, 2015, 01:03:04 am »

The priest nodded.

: "Fair enough. I didn't think tha this Key would actually be in pieces though. Guess that's why we're supposed ta go places in a certain order."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 16, 2015, 01:07:03 am »

Kat tried to peek at the map, but Vandertz closed it before she could get a look.

"So what's our next stop?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 16, 2015, 01:14:02 am »

"Ah, well, I probably shouldn't drink too much... Uhm, wouldn't want to embarrass myself or... anything like that."

She continued to drink the mead though, enjoying the taste and the warm feeling she was getting from it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 16, 2015, 02:50:37 am »

"One or two mugs shouldn't be too bad. This mead's pretty good too." he replied, receiving another round with a smile on his face.

Despite the fact the lands of Mernid had suffered some trouble, the inn's alcoholic beverages were above the standard a merc like him was used to.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 16, 2015, 08:15:20 am »

Lycan quickly acquired a mug of mead and then had a server deliver one to Lesan as well. He eyed Kaarina with a wide, toothy smile.

"Remember my first round's on ya."

"Yeah, I remember. Just the first round though. If you want any drinks after that then you'll have to pay for them yourself."

Kaarina drains her mug in a single, long gulp before ordering another. This one she nurses gently instead of gulping it down, as the first mug of booze brings a pleasant warmth to her body.

"All mead is pretty good. It's fermented honey after all. Even if you mess it up it's still going to be miles above the average swill they sell as ale," she comments, leaning back in her seat to put her feet on the table and relax. It's pretty rude, but at least they aren't in anybody's way.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 16, 2015, 08:28:59 am »

: I'll have some mead too. Helps recovering the lost blood.

: And where are the baths? I've had my fair share of sand.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 16, 2015, 11:39:32 am »

"All mead is pretty good. It's fermented honey after all. Even if you mess it up it's still going to be miles above the average swill they sell as ale,"

"Yeah. Still, you'd be surprised at how badly some people can fuck up when makin' mead." And the tavern owners dared sell that crap were usually greeted with Lycan's death glare, of course.

Much like Kaarina, the mercenary's second mug was bound to last longer than the first as he enjoyed the taste and nuances.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 16, 2015, 12:02:30 pm »

"Considering we will have to cross Mernid yet, it may take a while for us to reach Sylvinir. So we might end up stopping in the main city of Mernid next time we have to rest."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 16, 2015, 12:09:30 pm »

"I bet we could get into some trouble in the capital."

Anyone paying attention Kat's hands would see her fingers flexing idly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 16, 2015, 12:13:12 pm »

"Maybe if they left it out for a month or something then it'll taste like lukewarm puke. Though I've never had that problem myself. Most innkeepers know enough to sell the good stuff to heavily armed men. Especially if they have plenty of coin to pay. It's better than the alternative."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 16, 2015, 12:24:47 pm »

"Yeah, they're usually smart enough. Tavern owners sometimes tried to sell me some o' the crap when I was just startin' in the business, though. Thought themselves smarter than rookie mercs." Lycan said, taking another gulp and waving for Vandertz and Kat to join them and drink a little. "I got one of them. After alternatin' between dunking his head into the barrel and bashing his face against the closest wall, he became as honest as a man of the cloth, I tell ya."
>Yes?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 16, 2015, 12:52:06 pm »

"And I bet he went back to his old ways right afterwards. You just can't beat sense into some folk, such as those who water down their wine and cheat their customers. Especially if those customers are rookies with a swagger in their step and looking to start a fight." After a moment of reflection she adds, "You know I can't imagine why somebody would want to run an inn. Yeah, I suppose that it's good money, until a group of thugs wanders in and you lose it all. Or some scumbag beats you up for fun or puts a knife in your ribs for spilling his drink. It'd probably be an easy job in some quiet town, but those seem pretty rare these days. Which is good for me, I like being able to eat well everyday."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 16, 2015, 02:00:30 pm »

"When the innkeeper's liked, the good customers can help them get out of trouble even when they don't have some hired muscle of their own. I already did that once." he replied, recalling the time he threw an idiot out of a watering hole.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 309