Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339914 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #930 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:26 pm »

"Yeah, burning probably would work too."

"...That is what I am concerned about, Kat. I don't know if they are gone, or if they are stuck on that terrible form."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 14, 2014, 08:32:30 pm »

"Mmm. I hope not. It'd be nice to think they moved on. But if not... I guess at least killing them finally gives them some rest."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 14, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »

"Where's the satisfaction though? When I smash a guy in the head I expect him to drop like a sackful of rocks. Otherwise you're just sparing with a glorified training dummy."

"I know it may be different. Since they're dead already I doubt there'll be bleedin' and squealin', but it's still part of the hunt for me. A difficult enemy's still a good match, doesn't matter if it bleeds or not."

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 14, 2014, 08:36:45 pm »

"I know it may be different. Since they're dead already I doubt there'll be bleedin' and squealin', but it's still part of the hunt for me. A difficult enemy's still a good match, doesn't matter if it bleeds or not."

"It's not about whether they bleed or not. It's about fighting with a guy to the most of your abilities and dueling with your smarts and your wits. The problem is whether they'll get back up after you outfoxed them because of some undead bullshit."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 14, 2014, 08:40:44 pm »

"Yes, you are right about that Kat. I just wish there was something else we could do to help them. But I am not really sure if it is possible to "save" them after whatever they are doing to make them become undead."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 14, 2014, 08:43:20 pm »

"Well... maybe you can't 'save' them, but you can at least end their suffering. That's what I think."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 14, 2014, 08:48:55 pm »

"It's not about whether they bleed or not. It's about fighting with a guy to the most of your abilities and dueling with your smarts and your wits. The problem is whether they'll get back up after you outfoxed them because of some undead bullshit."

"I guess I see your point, but as long as it isn't a matter of re-stabbing some barely moving corpse over and over and over, I'm sure things'll be fun."

Truth be told, Lycan is a mercenary with no experience in the dark arts and lacking the savviness certain people could have. That said...

"Good fights usually end as soon as someone makes a mistake! Something that can keep fighting at top condition and demand more of you probably makes for a better deal."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 14, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »

:"Well, some time was spent on rituals and customs, some on how to live in the mountain, and I learned the basics of magic. Can't cast it though. Oh, and then I spent time preparing for my Journey!"

Lesan heard the capitalization. "Journey? What's that?"

Soon the night took over, covering the port in darkness, at least nobody would need to see the corpses anymore. There were just a few light sources, one coming from Even's ship and the rest from a few tents.

Vandertz looked up to the sky for a moment and placed a hand under his chin, giving a soft nod. It was time to at least gather the group, it wouldn't be too bright to wander around on their own during the night, especially in a place like the port. He placed a lamp on the top of his halberd and began to look for the rest of the mercenaries.

"Alright everyone, time to get close to the ship. I don't want to deal with Terrania's army twice in the same day."

"Oh. I guess we should get going."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 14, 2014, 08:52:26 pm »

"Yes, I think that is the least we could do for them. I am just wondering why this is happening just now, why didn't we deal with this...Dark Priest before?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 14, 2014, 08:54:03 pm »

"Good fights usually end as soon as someone makes a mistake! Something that can keep fighting at top condition and demand more of you probably makes for a better deal."

"That's where you and me are different. If the other guy makes a mistake then you know who the better fighter is. Why bother dragging out a fight that's already the bag?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 14, 2014, 09:14:22 pm »

"That's where you and me are different. If the other guy makes a mistake then you know who the better fighter is. Why bother dragging out a fight that's already the bag?"

"I can't pretend luck ain't a part of fighting and that Lady Luck hasn't killed some good fighters. May be less about mistakes and more about details: maybe the guy fighting you slipped even though the floor was supposed to be clean; he stepped on a bead and then you destroyed his throat. That's it, he's dead."

Lycan took his Soliferrum and stared at it from bottom to top. It was a good weapon, usually so well-made it was a common sight in the hands of some of Terrania's experienced defenders.

"Arms, armor and even mood; everythin' can change how the fight goes and who dies in the end. The fencer you killed yesterday could've been a better warrior than you are. But an old wound started achin', or maybe he got sick and was forced to fight by his boss anyway. Maybe your blade slid past a gap in his armor in a way no one really expected."

"But what if he kept fightin'? What if you had the opportunity to show your skills ain't luck?"
>Yes?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:08 pm »

Sophie does begin moving, though she stays near Lesan as to talk while she walks.
:"I'm on my Journey right now! It's what we do in my clan when we become adults! You go on a hermitage of discovery!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 14, 2014, 09:20:43 pm »

"I don't know. But dealing with him is a good thing for everybody. At least there will be one less person creating undead."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 14, 2014, 09:25:52 pm »

"True, true. So, is there anything you would like to ask?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 14, 2014, 09:28:10 pm »

"But what if he kept fightin'? What if you had the opportunity to show your skills ain't luck?"

"Then you smack him back down again, but harder. If you're smart and strong-willed enough you make your own luck, plain and simple. Lady Luck is a royal bitch, but if you blame her for your loses and thank her for your victories than you ain't more than two-bit field-parader. Or that's the way I've looked at things at least. I see no reason why I wouldn't be wrong though."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 309