Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339950 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #870 on: March 13, 2014, 11:01:18 pm »

:"Oh, um, yeah! It's magic. From my clan!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:56 pm »

"Oh. That makes a lot of sense, actually." New information had managed to bypass Lesan's awkwardness, at least momentarily. "So everyone in your clan can do that, or only some?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 13, 2014, 11:27:37 pm »

Sophie's speech grew more excited and fluid-- her family must be a popular topic for her.
:"It's a training thing! Mostly, my family does it, but not everyone does and a few people from other families know how."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 14, 2014, 12:24:17 am »

Despite himself, Gordon approached Kat.

: "Forgive me, but I was curious. Ye said that people would shun ye for ye magic abilities. Did that include ye family?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 14, 2014, 12:31:55 am »

"...What family? There was just me and my mom... and, um..."

Kat looked uncomfortable, biting her lower lip and not quite meeting Gordon's eyes.

"...Well, we don't really get along much. Me being a witch doesn't help matters."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 14, 2014, 12:39:21 am »

: "So that would be a 'yes' then. Me apologies for bringing it up."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 14, 2014, 12:54:09 am »

Vandertz nodded to Lycan before starting to walk again.

"Well, I am going to check if the group already bought their supplies too."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 14, 2014, 12:56:15 am »

"It's OK. I... think I need to talk about it to someone... and I guess you're used to hearing things from people. I mean, you're a priest. You've probably heard way worse, and at least anything I tell you will be between us until I want other people to know it right?"

Kat sighed, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath to compose herself.

"See, my mom and I didn't get along because... well... let's just say I don't know who my father is and that I grew up in a port city... but I think my mother has a good guess who my father is and kinda resents me for that too."

She reached into her scarf and scratched at a collarbone nervously.

"So she kinda made me learn how to be a thief and steal things to make my own way, y'know? And I guess it kept me out at night... for reasons... Um... No one really cares about a whore's daughter and a thief in the bargain, but then they found out I had evil powers too. I guess I'm lucky I'm still alive, although I guess no one would feel good about killing a small child for things that aren't her fault."

"I got put in jail a lot. Some of the guards felt sorry for me - Robby, Emma, Clarence... most of the night shift really... it got to where I was intentionally getting caught because I'd rather be behind bars for a night or two where I could at least talk to someone. I, uh, I envied all the normal people, y'know? And I got tired of it all, and so I stowed away on a ship, and then I wandered around Terrania for a month or so aimlessly, and then I ended up here."

Kat finally met Gordon's eyes, left hand clasping her right bicep.

"I guess I'm just hoping that maybe if we can do this and pass through the gates I'll be someone people look up to."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 14, 2014, 02:15:32 am »

That was a hell of a confession. Gordon waited until she talked herself out, as was his custom, before responding.

: "Ye are correct: whatever ye tell me is a secret, unless ye give permission ta share. The seal of the confessional is one of the few vows I have yet ta break."

: "Now then...that's quite a lot to chew over. I would offer me condolences, but that might just come off as pitying."

: "Still, I do find it interesting that rather than ignore or hide ye abilities, ye chose to improve on them despite the trouble they must have caused. That could show great inner strength, which is something ta admire. Or sheer thickheadedness, which is not. But ye have a good head on ye shoulders, so the first seems more likely. Tell me, are ye hoping ta get some manner of payback on those who wronged ye in the past?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 14, 2014, 02:25:56 am »

"Mmm. I did hide and ignore my evil magic... for years. If it didn't look like we might need it, I would still be pretending I was just a girl who could pick locks. But... I guess it's best everyone here knows about what I can do. Better they find out early than someone recognizing me back in Rundum and calling me out for being a witch."

Kat looked down. If they had gotten that far... and maybe she had made some friends for once in her life, and then it turned out they were against dark magic and found out... she didn't think she'd be able to take it.

"Revenge? I dunno. It seems kinda pointless to hurt them. I wouldn't get anything from it. All I want is to do something with myself to show everyone I knew that I'm more than just the filthy little witch-thief from Hollow Street. And even if they won't accept me as a person beyond that, maybe the rest of the world will. I mean, if getting revenge just means showing them they were wrong about me then I guess I do want payback."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2014, 02:27:14 am »

When Vandertz noticed Kat and Gordon were talking, he stood back, he would wait for now. Also that probably would be a good time to take another look on the map, just to check the path they would be taking on Mernid to reach the other territory.

"...I wonder if the path used before exists yet, it had been a while since that war..."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2014, 02:32:30 am »

Garret was still lying face down where he landed last time.
*snore*

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2014, 02:59:06 am »

Nanoha sprinkled some spare white dust on Garret. Vulneraries actually have more than three doses, but in a battle, people don't have time to get a proper dose.

:"Wakey, wakey."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 14, 2014, 04:07:20 am »

Garret sneezed because of the "magic" dust and finally got up.
"Can't a man sleep on the floor these days?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 14, 2014, 04:44:02 am »

:"Why sleep on the floor here when there four perfectly good tents over there?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 309