Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339666 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #4395 on: August 12, 2020, 04:49:51 pm »

"You get your wishes, probably become heroes and have a bunch of bards singing about your victories. You decide what comes after that, usually adventurers are satisfied by this point but...The key, if you don't mind. I have a lot to do yet."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: August 13, 2020, 03:13:15 am »

Seraphim was still looking at the key he held, until he turned around to the party.

: Alright then... anyone else wants to say something or think about their wish?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: August 13, 2020, 09:53:37 pm »

"Which gods imprisoned ya, by the way?" Lycan was a bit curious about which ones those were. The good ones, the bad ones?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: August 13, 2020, 09:56:34 pm »

"I guess... for my wish..."

"Well. I don't really want anything for me. I don't really care if Oblivion's tainted me or not; people've believed I'm a cursed kid my whole life anyway. But I guess, if I have kids, I'd want them to have a better life. I mean I'm not asking for them to be mythical heroes or anything, or everyone to love them, or anything. Just that no one'll look down on them for having a witch and a thief for a mom. And maybe not be born with dark magic like me; they don't need the superstitions that come along with it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: August 13, 2020, 10:51:37 pm »

"All of them. While some gods are seen as 'good' by the mortals, my interference down here also deeply bothered them. Alpha's decision to prevent them from directly interacting with mortals and consequently make their work less visible was a dangerous move-We just weren't aware of how dangerous it was going to be."
"Turns out they all were willing to unite their forces if it meant gaining their previous freedom and use this continent as their puppet theater. If we had at least a few of them siding with us, this certainly would have taken a different direction."

Vandertz raised an eyebrow at Kat's words and moved closer to tug her to his side.
"Come on Kat, what are you talking about? Look at these people you had been hanging out with, we respect you. And I am pretty sure none of us have an issue with you using dark magic."
"And while I can't change what happened to you and your family in the past, I do intend to do my best to make sure this cycle won't keep repeating itself. So I still intend to stick to the plan of desiring enough power to be able to teleport around and prepare for when the seal breaks, so I will be the first there to attempt to control the mess. And hopefully also educate people to understand dark magic shouldn't be connected to evil-We saw our fair share of crazy fanatics using light magic trying to kill Seraphim."
"And I am pretty sure with what we are pulling off here, they might see you as a hero, not as a thief or a witch-And even if they do, I think you should wear those titles with pride. I was a bit of a nobody out there before recruiting people to this adventure...And probably would remain being a nobody if I didn't try to take this gamble."
"So if they choose to still see me like that, so be it. I will still be doing my part to make sure things won't go crazy with the sudden appearance of monsters around. At this moment we probably are the only ones aware of this situation."

"...The wishes, please. Do I need to remind you I have a group of gods to stop? Or at least pass the key so I can get started, and provide your wishes later."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: August 14, 2020, 10:43:57 am »

"This group isn't everybody, y'know. It's nice to be treated like a person by all of you, but it's not how I grew up. I wouldn't want any son of daughter of mine to have to experience that, and since I don't want anything for myself, I just think this would be the best use of my wish."

Kat shrugged.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: August 14, 2020, 01:08:48 pm »

There was still an invisible hand keeping Seraphim from moving. But not knowing exactly why he was so hesitant, he ignored the feeling.

: Very well... Here you go.

Seraphim handed over the key to Rundum.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: August 14, 2020, 02:32:49 pm »

"All the more reason for us to do something about it, Kat. If you intend to keep wandering around, perhaps we can do this together; at least try to change as many minds as we can. This might be the moment for it too, with monsters starting to show up."

Rundum quickly grabbed the key and took a few steps back, only to snap his fingers and vanish in thin air. When his figure materialized again, he was already near the entrance of the temple with soldiers coming out of the twisted walls.
"Finally. Do you know how tiresome it is to pretend I can relate to the feelings of mortals? I thought you never were going to stop asking questions."
"Well then, you did your job, congratulations on that. I have a continent to lead now. It is time to remind the mortals of my presence."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: August 14, 2020, 11:42:01 pm »

"Oh." Lycan didn't sound too surprised.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: August 15, 2020, 01:39:14 am »

"Don't get me wrong, I do need the ship so only one of you mortals will be of use to me. And considering how you had been actively disrupting my attempts to set myself free sooner, I don't think any of you would be willing to serve under me."
"It is that simple. I cannot rely on mortals unable to see the grand scheme of things, and this continent needs a proper leader."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: August 15, 2020, 08:19:58 am »

"Yep. I'm cursed."

"Well, if it's a choice between being trapped here for all eternity or getting killed by a god in an extremely unfair fight, I'd rather go down swinging even if I'm the only one doing so."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: August 15, 2020, 12:01:59 pm »

: So... you plan on just leaving with your fake promises to try and control the continent? Then just for this one moment...

Seraphim's armor started vibrating at high intensity, with sparks flying.

: I don't care if I live or die. I don't care if I have to remain in this prison for the rest of time. I don't care if I could otherwise save me or everyone else from Oblivion. I. Will. Fight you.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: August 15, 2020, 12:02:39 pm »

"I'm annoyed but not surprised. Would have been nice to finally be done with all of this bullshit but bullshit rarely ends that easily." Kaarina shrugged and then hefted her axe as she readied herself for combat.

"Let's see how much ruling you can do with my axe in your skull, you pansy-ass, bone-loving jerk. You should have been put down like the flea-bitten mongrel you are long ago. Guess it's up to us to do things properly."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4408 on: August 15, 2020, 02:12:22 pm »

"I thought there was something off about this. Very well. Death comes to us all - even the gods, it seems."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: August 15, 2020, 02:22:01 pm »

"If it takes the might of a god to gravely injure another here, I don't need to tell you are way out of your league, right? One champion in combat, ten, it does not matter."
"I do not care about Oblivion, nor intend to send people to that dimension. My interests and plain and simple, remind this continent that their true god is here to help them. Your presence here wasn't desired nor requested, as I already had my ways to reach the key from outside even if it took so long to find those pieces."
"But I suppose I shouldn't be so unfair, after all, draining the life essence of those who somehow managed to get this far might just be what I need to be able to fight as soon as I step out. So in a way or another you will be assisting my cause."
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 309