Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340842 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #3615 on: February 27, 2019, 02:18:29 am »

"Uuh..."
Honestly Vandertz wasn't even sure how to react to that sort of situation.  Finally he snapped out of it, remembering something they talked about a while back.
"...Right, Kat do you remember what I told you? I am preeeeetty sure I said something about showing you Rundum once we reached it, so perhaps once the storm is over I can show you around."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: February 27, 2019, 02:34:27 am »

"Sure, I guess. Here, hold on, I'm almost at the top. Gimme a minute."

Kat finally reached the top of the wall and clambered up, pausing only to wipe her hands on the back of her skirt once she was stable.

"Right, let's see what we can see of Rundum."

The witch looked around carefully, trying to see if there were any landmarks or otherwise notable things the party might want to head toward when they set out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: February 27, 2019, 03:31:23 am »

"Uuh, I kinda meant like a...Date?"
Vandertz tilted his head upwards again when he heard her speaking about Rundum. While he did see those ruins before, that was a long time ago so he wasn't even sure if they would be able to find a town nearby.
"Any luck up there?"
Unfortunately trying to scout during the night and while it is raining doesn't work too well for the thief. Only more ruins can be seen on her field of view and a faint light coming from the farthest ruin. While it was no town, at least it meant someone was residing around that specific part of Rundum.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: February 27, 2019, 03:41:33 am »

Kat briefly considered yelling at the light to try to get its attention, then reconsidered. Stealth was a thief's greatest advantage and who knew if whoever was over there was friendly? Better to check it out later rather than reveal everyone's presence right now. She puffed her cheeks out and then huffed before finding a good handhold and starting down. It was slightly slower going, but it took about the same amount of time going down as up because she wasn't pausing to talk.

"Not sure a place like this is the best choice for a date, y'know? Not really a whole lot to see and do in some ruins unless they're like really old fancy ruins with traps and treasure and guardians to sneak past and stuff."

Kat dropped the last ten feet or so and landed gracefully, pausing only to smooth her skirt down against her legs as she stood.

"Nice of you to offer though."

"And yeah, there's a light off that way. Couldn't tell if it was a torch or a cooking fire, too dark, but someone... or a lotta someones... are here too. I hope it's not trouble, we just got done dealing with all that stuff in Oblivion, but I guess it's something we oughtta keep in mind."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: February 27, 2019, 06:33:27 am »

Seraphim was sitting on the ground, same place he fell in after getting suctioned through the portal.

: So this is Rundum then...

When Knightler mentioned his memory, Seraphim stood and approached.

: You mean monsters... like me? The Watcher mentioned something like that, my kind and other non-humans were sent there... and speaking of, the one that sent you to Oblivion was Adant, the same that sent us. He's dead now, dead dead. As for why... I feel the rest of the group knows already more than I do.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: February 27, 2019, 12:50:19 pm »

Vandertz raised an eyebrow at Kat's response and shook his head while he pointed to a completely different direction.
"No, no! I didn't mean fly around this specific area, I meant showing you the interesting areas of Rundum, the towns and spots worth checking out!"
"...I really need to be a bit more specific next time."
The moment Kat returned to the ground Vandertz moved closer to cover her shoulders with his cape.
"A light, hm? Yeah, for now it is better we stick around here. We do need to rest, and the last thing we need now is to drag ourselves into another fight."

Knightler flinched the moment he heard the armored being speak to him.
"Wha-? Oh, right...Yeah, I saw a bunch of uhhh, Dullahans there along with some odd crystal monsters...Skeletons and some other hooded figures. Guess they are trying to survive together."
"Adant? As in Adant the priest? By Titan...What is going on in this world?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3621 on: February 27, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »

Ociel took a moment to calm his horse - pegasus now, he supposed - after the pile of adventurers had been unceremoniously ejected from the realm. (In hindsight, he should have picked a better location to argue with the Watcher, but he hadn't felt truly threatened by the being.) The beast wasn't the type to be easily spooked, but the crowded conditions hadn't been good for its nerves, and it hadn't liked thunderstorms before gaining wings. The conversation drew his attention soon enough, and he spoke once he was sure that nobody was liable to catch a stray hoof.
"That Adant was some sort of priest before?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: February 27, 2019, 07:22:50 pm »

"Jealous about the distraction, not about who's providin' it, ya cheeky cat."

"Bah, go ask Kaarina for one then! Can't guarantee it'll be the same kind of distraction but you probably won't be bored."

"If you ask for the same type of distraction I'll clobber you, Lycan, so don't even bother. I'd hate to have you laid out when you're the only one helping."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: February 27, 2019, 08:12:25 pm »

"Don't worry, I ain't even tryin'." Lycan replied in a way that was almost unflattering.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: February 27, 2019, 08:30:06 pm »

"Good. I'd hope you'd have learned by now." The lack of flattery doesn't phase Kaarina, though its presence would have likely rubbed her the wrong way anyways.

"Not much longer until we're at the end of all this, huh? One way or the other, at least. I still give even odds that this is was a wild goose chase. Or at least that we were chasing something other than a goose."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: February 27, 2019, 09:14:48 pm »

"Oh? Right, you aren't from Terrania, are you? Well, yes Adant was a priest and follower of the Defender. His figure is still respected by the other priests because he was part of the group who attempted to open the Gates of Rundum. Or at least that's what I heard."
"So it is really odd to hear that Adant was around...And as some kind of evil skeleton, are we really talking about the same guy here?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: March 03, 2019, 04:42:58 pm »

"Well, we might as well look around and see what we're putting up with tonight."

Kat put her arm around Vandertz's waist and guided the pair of them towards the roof Kaarina and Lycan were working on.

"Weird to be back home. Sort of. I've never been in this part of Rundum."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3627 on: March 03, 2019, 05:03:47 pm »

"That's. . . troubling. I wouldn't know if it was the same man, and it wouldn't be that strange if this. . . cult, or whatever it is we've been running into, was just using the name to demoralize people, but it's a possibility we should keep in mind. Was there anyone else in that group of note? It might pay to prepare to encounter them."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: March 03, 2019, 08:12:30 pm »

That blush return to Vandertz's cheeks the moment Kat put her arm around his waist to guide them back to the group.
"Yeah...Probably, but hopefully this night won't be much of an issue to us if they are that far away. If we couldn't see them even after you stood on the highest build around here, I somewhat doubt they can see us."
"Well...Guess they just didn't bother creating towns around here. Dunno if it was to respect these ruins or if there's more into it, so I don't think there's a reason for a thief to visit this specific part of Rundum, eh?"

"I don't know, but after being tossed in that dimension? I am willing to believe things got pretty serious for us, and I need to report all of this to the king as soon as possible. Aside from Adant, I can only remember about Eversor, the druid and Caden. I do believe Caden was the pirate who was willing to assist them as long as he could get part of the treasure..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: March 03, 2019, 08:50:45 pm »

"I guess not. This place looks pretty explored out; we probably couldn't even find a crummy copper ring even if we looked real hard."

"I guess a girl just can't catch a break some days, huh?"

"I'm not worried though. We've already done a bunch of weird stuff and we still made it here. We still have to deal with that skeleton but we beat him once and we can do it again."
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 309