Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340856 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #3585 on: February 23, 2019, 12:18:20 pm »

Move to (22, 3) and hatchet the Watcher if need-be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: February 23, 2019, 03:16:19 pm »

Ociel attacks Watcher: Triangle Attack!
42-20= 22x3= 66 Damage!
"Uurk!"
As soon as the sword crushed his armor, the whole figure vanished in a green smoke, leaving just cracked crystal shards on the floor.
Map Completed!
With every threat gone, there was enough time for the other chests to be opened. Unfortunately due to the lack of lockpicks, they were going to be forced open.
Obtained Tailbone Spear!
Obtained Heap Up!
Obtained Restore!
Obtained Thunderstorm!

They barely had time to take the loot from the destroyed chests before a certain man clad in pajamas ran in to take it all.

"I think I will take care of these now, yes."
The same moment Even came out of the tent, so did Knightler, who apparently wasn't freaking out anymore.
"My head hurts...What is this place? And how do-"
Before Knightler could even finish his sentence, the same spot that the Watcher was killed shook, and those shards raised before the same shape formed itself again-And after a brief moment the Watcher was standing there without a single wound on his body.
  "As I said before, this is my realm. But I am in no condition to keep fighting, so for now I will attend to your request...But keep this in mind, Oblivion will seek you again eventually."
The armored figure shook the bell again, and at least this time instead of forcing others into berserk, it made the crystal shards nearby shattered to reform themselves into a glowing gate.
"This is your exit, your tainted souls will return. I am sure of it."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: February 23, 2019, 03:44:00 pm »

Seraphim managed to control himself after the Watcher was forced to reform, but still feeling the effects.

: Ugh... Not if I can avoid it, I refuse to just surrender my will. But before leaving, can I ask you something?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:45:39 pm by Solymr »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: February 23, 2019, 03:56:25 pm »

"Dullahan, you cannot avoid Oblivion. Your kind is restrained here."
The Watcher lowered the bell and gave a slow nod.
"Proceed with your question."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: February 23, 2019, 04:02:16 pm »

: Why are Dullahans restrained here? Why do you say we "belong" here?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: February 23, 2019, 04:06:32 pm »

"I cannot answer your question properly. Dullahans along with many other creatures were disposed to Oblivion a long time ago, all I know is that somehow these...Humans you interact with banished your kind to these lands. The reason behind such act is unclear."
"Therefore, if they were taken away from their home, it means they do not belong there, they belong here. This is the place for all the creatures who lost their way or have no place in their own dimension."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: February 23, 2019, 04:26:16 pm »

Seraphim thought before answering.

: The... being that sent us here didn't seem human. And his reason for sending us here was simply that... we defeated him and he was merely a sore loser, talking about how the gods would fall and all that. It was *him* that didn't belong there, being dead and all, he just dragged us with him.

: You didn't know why the humans banished the Dullahan here, do you know why the undead are doing the same to humans?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: February 23, 2019, 04:34:55 pm »

"Once you are banished to Oblivion, you are marked by it, no matter how or why you arrived. But an undead capable of opening a gate to this realm? It must be the same undead who brought the human wearing green armor. The  magic essence left behind by the creator of the gate is still flowing around your bodies, and they do match with that creature's magic essence."
"Dullahan, I have no connections outside this realm. If the undead are doing the same to humans, I am unaware of their reason as well. And if they are truly doing such thing, Oblivion will gladly welcome them all."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: February 23, 2019, 04:46:13 pm »

: If it's true that I have to return here, I will return with answers, and I will be the last Dullahan to come here. But until my people are returned to their home, I will not give in, even if it means doing this all over again.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: February 23, 2019, 04:52:54 pm »

"You will eventually lose your mind. But fear not, this bell will help you forget it all."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: February 24, 2019, 01:36:20 pm »

"Hey, how 'bout ya shove a sock in it, shithead."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3596 on: February 24, 2019, 02:07:34 pm »

"Interesting, he who claims to have power that exceeds the gods themselves. Tell me, have you told the Reaper of your plans for me? I'm sure the god of death would be delighted to hear that someone else claims to have power over souls already marked by him."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: February 24, 2019, 02:14:56 pm »

"Jeez. Everyone getting mad at the wind over here. It's not going to care what you think about it, it's just going to blow as it will whether it's a breeze or a hurricane. You might as well bark at the moon for all the good talking to this guy is gonna do."

"Now, me? I'm going to go ahead and get while the getting's good."

And with that Kat dashed through the portal.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: February 24, 2019, 03:15:22 pm »

"I care little for your empty threats or 'gods'. But it is time for you to depart, at least for now."
The Watcher didn't wait for another reply, instead he rung the bell to make the portal turn into a vortex to drag the rest of the party inside it.
"So  be it, Slumbering One. Let the war between gods fall on that realm again."
--
While Kat had the opportunity to walk into the portal and consequently reach the other side properly, the others were simply spit out of the vortex on the wet grass one after the other until they were a pile of adventurers. It wasn't very clear just where the portal left them, but they were surrounded by trees and it was currently raining. While there were some ruins not too far away from the location, what truly helped them to understand their current location was the moss-covered gate behind them, hinting they were dropped on the other side of the passage.

Vandertz crawled away from the pile and removed his helmet before staring at those ruins ahead of them.
"Next time you decide to taunt the guy controlling the portal at least wait for the rest of us to move in."
"...But at least we reached Rundum. It wasn't in the way I was hoping for, but we area here."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: February 25, 2019, 10:59:45 pm »

"So this is Rundum, huh?"

Kat watched the rain drip off the brim of her hat.

"Can't say I'm liking this first impression. Think there's any towns nearby, or are we gonna have to go take shelter in those ruins for the night?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 309