Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339721 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2014, 11:30:25 pm »

"...Isn't it, though, Van? You're the first person in my whole life who learned this about me and didn't call me wicked, or hit me, or chase me away. I hate this magic. I wish I didn't have it."

Kat took a deep breath and looked down.

"...Sorry. I'll do my best for everyone, you'll see. I guess I'll have to tell the others soon, too. I don't want to surprise them with this ability in the middle of a battle. I just hope Father Duvall is all right with working with a witch like me."

Even though he was grumpy and yelled at her, she kinda liked the old-timer. She hoped she wouldn't cause any trouble.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:00 pm »

"It isn't, Kat. Maybe you were just hanging with the wrong people, I did have problems with Orihalcon, didn't I? It is all about meeting the right people."

Vandertz made another gesture for the Wyvern, this time to return to the area they were before and prepare to land, but he did see a few curious things on the port, he just wasn't sure what were those things.

"We are all together on this, Kat. I am sure he will understand it, Priests aren't supposed to look down at people's choice of magic and abilities, unless they are blind fanatics, and I doubt Father Duvall is that kind of person."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 26, 2014, 12:05:09 am »

"Uh-huh... Do you think we're doing the smart thing, going straight in?" Lesan was by no means a coward, but he also had a tendency toward caution.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 26, 2014, 12:12:42 am »

: "Hrmm...I'm not sure. I can't ever remember hearing about a situation like this one, much less experienced one. I can only suggest keeping our eyes and ears open."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 26, 2014, 12:13:19 am »

"Thanks, Van."

She turned in the saddle and kissed his cheek, then returned her attention to the ground. It was somewhat sad that her time in the air was almost over, but they had to land sometime. That was the nature of life, really.

"What kind of trouble did you and Orihalcon get into?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 26, 2014, 12:24:11 am »

"...You are welcome, Kat."

He blushed again and smiled a bit, yes, even if it was fun to keep on the air, they still had to meet with the group and check if they were also ready to move on, that and give them a brief report about the Port.

"Well.. when we were younger we were troublemakers, I won't lie. But most of times they were just innocent pranks, but sadly things began to get complicated to him as soon as he grew up."

"Even if Wyvern Riders are common where I live, they don't like Orihalcon's kind that much. But it doesn't really matter now, I am probably going to start some kind of business in another place when we get the Gates' treasure."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 26, 2014, 12:32:30 am »

"I see. Orihalcon's like me then. Most of his own kind don't like him through no fault of his own."

Feeling a kinship with the wyvern, she rubbed his neck companionably.

"About this voice that talks to people... do you think it really could be who - or what - is behind the forest turning to desert?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 26, 2014, 12:37:03 am »

Vandertz shook his head in denial.

"Not his own kind, I am talking about the riders there, other people. They treat him like if he is some kind of predator wanting to attack their wyverns or pegasus."

He placed a hand under his chin and took some time to think about that again, at that point Orihalcon already landed with them.

"Maybe it could be. But I don't know why it would try to communicate with others."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 26, 2014, 12:44:26 am »

"I see. Then we really are alike. I got that a lot in my hometown. Everyone blamed me for everything. It was my fault a child was sick, or a cow died, or this item or that coin purse disappeared."

"Well, maybe the last two were true sometimes."

Vandertz addressed her question.

"I don't know either, Van. I wish I did, it would probably be helpful knowledge."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 26, 2014, 12:56:58 am »

"I think nobody is going to complain about latter ones here! We are probably going to swim in Gold before we reach the Gates if you keep using your ability to help us."

"I guess we are going to get an answer as soon as we get on Mernid, for now all we can do is get ready for it. That and look for a boat as soon as we get on the port."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:45 am »

"Don't worry. I won't let you down. I promise."

Kat leaned back against Vandertz and crossed her heart to seal the promise, so he could see her do it. When they landed, Kat dismounted with Van's help and, giving him a quick parting smile, walked over to Gordon.

"Hey, Father Duvall? Could I speak to you for a moment?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 26, 2014, 01:10:03 am »

Vandertz gave a nod and actually used that opportunity to give her a brief hug.

"Same goes for you, Kat."

After helping her to dismount, he climbed down as well, smiling back to Kat before tapping the end of the Halberd on the ground, just another signal, this time to the wyvern to hide, he was free to relax again, that and prevent others from spotting him.

As for Vandertz, he simply reached for his helmet to put it back on and leaned against a wall to take some time to relax, mumbling something.

"...What a day..."

And of course he meant a good one.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 26, 2014, 01:12:03 am »

Gordon was still recovering from his little "battle".

: "What is it, Katerina? Is this something for public asking or...?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 26, 2014, 01:21:02 am »

(Before dismounting Orihalcon)

Kat leaned back and enjoyed the brief hug, eyes closed. She didn't get that many shows of affection and was content to enjoy it while it lasted. She said nothing afterward, but merely smiled at Vandertz.

(Talking to Gordon)

"Er, not really. Can you come with me for a bit?"

Kat walked over to the entrance of an alleyway, wringing her hands nervously as she waited and watching him. When he arrived, she took a deep breath and launched into it.

"OK so I was born with the ability to cast dark magic and I know it's evil and it's bad and Vandertz is like the only person who I ever told about it that wasn't scared of me for being a witch and I'm really sorry for hiding it but I didn't know what you and the others would think and I'm really really sorry and I hope you don't hate me but I went ahead and bought a tome of dark magic cause I thought it would help us even though-"

It seemed if Gordon didn't interrupt her she was going to keep babbling out some stream-of-conciousness apology.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 26, 2014, 01:25:51 am »

: "Ach girl, slow down!"

: "Now...have ye used these powers ta, say, summon demons? Raise the dead? Perform dark rituals involving the flesh of the innocent?"

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 309