Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339737 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #330 on: February 25, 2014, 09:22:30 pm »

Vandertz was pretty amused about all of that, it was his first time really teaching someone to climb on a wyvern as on Rundum everyone he talked with were riders, so he didn't have the chance to do that before, nor let other people fly with him.

"You are welcome! And yes, I am, just give me a moment."

He actually was planning to stay in front of her to be able to guide the wyvern and to not put them in an... awkward situation, but as it seemed he would climb behind her, he simply shrugged and climbed, she probably wouldn't mind, or would she?

"Alright then, lets see how far we can go before returning. Father, keep an eye on the others, we will take a look on the city and the port from the skies."

He reached for his halberd and raised it just as the normal signal to Orihalcon take flight, curving his body a bit, just to make sure he wouldn't fall back with the launching speed.

"Hold tight, Orihalcon is a combat wyvern, not a transport horse or something like that!"

The slim and long wyvern gave a roar before spreading his wings, pushing those long wings against the ground at the same time he jumped just to "launch" them into the air before starting to really flap them, only to make them fly higher and faster now. It just took a few minutes to them fly high enough to barely see what was going on below them.

"Well, this is the magic of the wyvern riders, we see everything from a different angle!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 09:24:42 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 25, 2014, 09:31:39 pm »

Kat laughed and put her hands on Orihalcon's shoulders to steady herself, trying not to lean back against Vandertz too much and upset his balance.

"So this is what it's like to see the world from above! Everything's so tiny from up here."

She grinned over her shoulder at him, then leaned forward to look into the horizon.

"Woooow... You can see so much! Look, there's the capital of Terrania... and there's the city we met in... I think I can even see the shores of Rundum, so far over there..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2014, 09:38:43 pm »

Gordon watched the two in the air, an unaccustomed pang of worry in his chest. He wasn't too nervous about Vandertz - presumably he knew what he was doing - but if Katerina slipped and fell from that height, even his magic might not be enough to help. His lips moved silently as he muttered a quick benediction to the Defender, asking to keep the young woman safely in the saddle.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

"I know right! It is really different from being limited to the ground, it is a different feeling. Even if I am usually wearing a helmet, I can still feel the wind getting inside it."

Vandertz wasn't even too worried about his balance right now, he was too busy trying to not blush in a situation like that, considering they were pretty close right now.

"Mmhm. Flying has its advantages, but also some huge disadvantage, especially if you aren't careful. You know, archers.. electric magic.."

Now it was hard to him hide the light blush he had on his face, good thing he was behind, maybe it could go unnoticed.
"But it isn't something we should worry about right now, and I hope you are.. enjoying the flight, Kat."

===
Gordon:
Suddenly a voice spoke up in his mind, if was different from the one who talked to Lesan.

"I am watching you priest, and you will have two options, give up or die like the others."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:05 pm »

Kat wasn't looking at him at the moment, so his blush mercifully went unnoticed and unteased-about.

"Are you kidding? I love it! I've always loved being on high places and seeing the view."

"Thanks for taking me up here, Vandertz. I really do appreciate it, you know. Um. Can I ask you a question?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2014, 09:51:25 pm »

Gordon, of course, had no idea this was a different voice than the one that accosted Lesan.

: Out of me head, foul creature. And stay away from me companions as well. We'll be knocking on the door to your foul excuse for a 'Temple' soon enough.

As he thought, he continued his nearly-silent prayer as he watched the wyvern high in the sky.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2014, 10:01:27 pm »

Vandertz was glad that she was enjoying it, and made a gesture with his halberd again, only to make Orihalcon fly lower, just to be able to take a better look on the port.

"I am glad you do! Maybe we will be able to do this another time after saving Mernid. And well, I should be thanking too, this is the first time someone is actually with me on Orihalcon, it is nice to have someone to talk with."

The wyvern gave a quiet grumble, making the rider chuckle before patting the scaly creature's side with his free hand.

"I am talking about other people, Orihalcon! And of course you can ask."

====

Gordon:
"You are a fool. I am not going to stop haunting you or your friends, and you will be making things easier for us if you dare to show up on my Temple. I will be more than happy to transform you into an undead priest. Then we will see what your beloved god will think about you...heeheh..."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:03:10 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2014, 10:06:01 pm »

"...What would you think of me if I told you I was cursed?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2014, 10:07:39 pm »

: I told ye ta leave, and leave ye shall! Your abominable magicks hold no sway over me, creature of the abyss, and if ye haunt any of us again I shall exorcise ye personally! Now in tha name of tha Defender, BE GONE!

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2014, 10:10:46 pm »

"...Cursed? What kind of curse?"

===

Gordon:
"Hahahah! That is what you think, you are old, there is a gravestone with your name already waiting for you! You wii-- AHHHhh stupid Defender!"

The voice finally stopped speaking.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2014, 10:15:56 pm »

"...I've always been able to do evil magic since I was born. I've tried not to do it for years, because people always disapprove or leave me when they find out. But I want to be your friend and I want to be useful to the group... so I wanted to tell you, and I bought a book of dark magic because I thought it might help us."

Kat waited for the inevitable disappointment. No one wanted to be close to a witch like her.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:20 pm »

With a muttered prayer of thanks, Gordon sat heavily on a convenient box nearby. That had been...difficult. Curse it, the voice was right. He was too old and tired for such things.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2014, 10:33:28 pm »

Lesan took notice of Gordon's sudden seating. "Are you alright, Father?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:35 pm »

"Kat.. that isn't a curse at all. And I don't even think "evil magic" is the right term for that. I met plenty of nice shamans before, so you are just fine! Actually, I kinda like dark magic, and you are more than useful to the group!"

"You will be alright, don't worry. I think your "curse" is more of a bless."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 10:59:01 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2014, 11:06:57 pm »

Lesan took notice of Gordon's sudden seating. "Are you alright, Father?"
Gordon looked up, suddenly realizing that he was breathing and sweating a bit heavily.

: "Oh...Lesan. It's nothing...I believe I just had a visit from whoever spoke ta ye in your head."

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 309