Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340796 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #3180 on: June 27, 2018, 12:29:18 pm »

"The hell?"

Lycan was surprised, to say the least, when he was freed from his stony prison only to be inescapably sucked into a vortex right afterwards despite some struggling. He frowned after he was deposited into a strange place, looking around to make sure the rest of the group was nearby.

"What just happened? I feel like I've missed something. Is the sack o' bones done with?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: June 27, 2018, 12:44:35 pm »

"..."

"Fuck if I know. It looked like he was but then he pulled this sack of junk out on us. I'm willing to bet that the raggity boneman ain't done just yet."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: June 27, 2018, 12:59:50 pm »

"Well. This is a thing now."

Kat sighed and dropped into a sitting position, resting her elbows on her knees.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: June 27, 2018, 01:11:40 pm »

On the other side, Anne first makes sure she wasn't separated from her partner, and then begins looking around, trying to see if there's any distinguishing features or discrepancies between areas in this place.
This place looked more like a concrete wasteland or puzzle, with how empty and repetitive it was, as aside from the golden brick floor pulsing green lines, the only structures around were huge green shards sticking out of the floor and a few damaged pillars.
Using torn pages of her lightning book, she tried several cantrips of light to...sense what was going on around her! Oh no, what about the other people?
Every single member of their party was flung into the portal and sent to the dimension before it fully closed, so no member was left behind-Adant's remains included. With Vandertz being the last one tossed near them with his wyvern soon falling down by his side.
"Agh! What is going on?"
He stood up and removed his helmet before looking around at the weird place they were currently in, only to let out a quiet sigh.
"Is everyone alright?
Vandertz moved closer to Kat and laid his hands on her shoulders, giving her a little nudge.
"Relax, we will make our way out of here...I just wish we had a scholar on our side right now, someone who studied about this dimension. I only heard about Oblivion staves, but that's it."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: June 27, 2018, 01:13:51 pm »

"Didn't we have an Oblivion staff? I wonder if using one here would lead us back out."

"Or opening a portal to Oblivion while in Oblivion might cause an explosion. I dunno the rules."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: June 27, 2018, 01:24:58 pm »

Still injured from her exchange of blows with the skeleton, Anne gently coaxed Feather into flight to perform a quick look-around lap and see if she could get a better view from overhead.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: June 27, 2018, 01:36:21 pm »

"Oblivion, eh? If there's a way in, there's one out, right? What do our magic and religious folks say?"
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: June 27, 2018, 01:39:00 pm »

Kat just shrugged. She could do magic; that didn't mean she understood it all that well.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: June 27, 2018, 01:58:52 pm »

Seraphim went back up, presumably healed by one of the humans.

: You aren't the only one to rise again! I just need some help- But Adant was gone, so he couldn't gloat. Sad.

: Is this where we were supposed to go?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: June 27, 2018, 02:18:55 pm »

Still injured from her exchange of blows with the skeleton, Anne gently coaxed Feather into flight to perform a quick look-around lap and see if she could get a better view from overhead.
The moment she tried to scout by flying, she was greeted with a nasty surprise, as green clouds covered all the area above them, preventing her from seeing anything. There was no way to explore this new realm on higher grounds, whenever they liked it or not, they were going to walk without the scouting from above.
"Didn't we have an Oblivion staff? I wonder if using one here would lead us back out."

"Or opening a portal to Oblivion while in Oblivion might cause an explosion. I dunno the rules."
"Yes, we do have one of those...But you said it yourself, it opens a portal to this place, not the other way around, and it only lasts a few minutes before sending them back to our realm-Also where's Even?"
Vandertz rubbed the back of his head looking around in that mess of debris that was brought along with them-And in the middle of that mess of stones and shattered mirrors Even's tent was left untouched, with a loud snore coming from inside it.
"I guess being pulled into a whole next dimension wasn't enough to wake him up, but I am glad he is still alive."
: Is this where we were supposed to go?
"No, Seraphim, it isn't. We were all caught by Adant's trap, we are in the Oblivion."
Roll for magik KNEWLEDGE:
Gordon: 10-Max Roll.
Seraphim: 7-Okaish knowledge.
Ociel: 2-Obliwhat?
Aura: 4- It is another realm, aside from that lacking proper knowledge.

While Seraphim wasn't one of the unfortunate souls trapped in that dimension, the name "Oblivion" remains in the Dullahan's memories; the realm used to entrap not only his kind, but all sorts of monsters; a prison of some sorts. While its extension is very unclear, it certainly fits as a prison as nobody can get in and out without a proper "key",  one important information about this realm is that it already had its own inhabitants before, creatures that no man could properly see whenever they dared to open portals to the Oblivion.

Weirdly enough, Gordon's knowledge to this dark past related to Terrania makes a lot more sense now after the Crystaloids spoke about monsters being sealed-This was the place used by them to seal every monster they couldn't slay, or that chose to surrender, a massive puzzling dimension. Their lack of concern about this realm was going to doom them sooner or later, as the residents of this realm are horrible monsters able to contaminate whatever they touch-Turning them into puppets to serve them, so depending on which part of the Oblivion those monsters were being sent...Their fates were sealed in more than one way. And like every prison, there's a way out, unfortunately said way out requires some effort, as the creatures capable of opening portals are simply called "Watchers", the stories about the Oblivion are simply too thin to give them a proper physical description. But one thing is certain; this place was a maze, a maze that didn't respect the rules of time, and while hunger wasn't a thing in the realm, it can easily drive people into insanity if they end up going too far into the darkness of this crystallized world.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:22:06 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: June 27, 2018, 03:10:11 pm »

: Oblivion you say?

Seraphim looked around. Certainly looked like it.

: This is not good. We're essentially trapped here!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: June 27, 2018, 08:46:54 pm »

"Oblivion, eh? If there's a way in, there's one out, right? What do our magic and religious folks say?"
"I have no idea what's going on little to no appropriate information about our current situation," Aura said, realizing that her precious 'lightning' book which contained much of her own scribblings had much of its magic expended, so the 'automatic search function' was disabled and that meant turning through hundreds of pages of personal notes. "Otherwise, we've got Adent's remains. . .I can take samples if needed?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 05:52:58 am by Tiruin »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3192 on: June 27, 2018, 10:50:38 pm »

"I'm afraid I've little knowledge of this place. . . Seraphim, you say we're trapped here; in what way?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: June 28, 2018, 03:20:31 pm »

: Well... You need a special something to get in, which our former enemy provided so generously, and you need something to get out, which I personally have no idea what is it or how would we do it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: June 28, 2018, 03:31:32 pm »

"I guess books 'bout people's call to adventure don't mention the part about the groups that end up trapped in the nothingness and die of thirst and starvation, right?"

After that remarkably dark joke, Lycan rolled his shoulders to ease some of the stress off and prepared to move.

"Nothin' to do but look around. We have to wake up Even's sleepy ass and get movin'."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 309