Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339709 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #315 on: February 25, 2014, 06:14:08 pm »

"It is a long path... that I am sure about. But we shouldn't get super concerned before time, we didn't even reach Mernid yet. So take your time to rest or to buy the rest of the stuff you need."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2014, 06:47:12 pm »

Failing to find an Antidote staff (somehow), Gordon instead returns to the crowd of priests and bishops.

: "Pardon me for bothering ye again brothers, but I had hoped ye might be able to help. Ye see, I fear that me group may encounter venoms and poisons at some point in the near future, and while an antidote staff would clear such things right up the stores appear ta be completely out of stock. I don't suppose anyone here has one?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »

The priests didn't reply at all, not at this time. They did know about something, but if the priest asking them didn't know about it, he probably wasn't involved in Terrania's plans, and they would leave it that way.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2014, 07:36:14 pm »

: Hrmph. So much for priestly brotherhood...

Gordon returned to the group and gave the pouch of gold back to Kat.

: "Thank ye, Katerina. Here's everything left."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:21 pm »

"I hope you were able to find what you were looking for, Father."

"..And Kat, if I remember right, you were wanting to take a ride on my wyvern, isn't that right?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 25, 2014, 07:51:13 pm »

: Well, they certainly don't move slowly. Foolish youngsters. Out loud, he said: "Aye, I think I did. Should come in handy in emergencies."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 25, 2014, 07:53:25 pm »

"You're welcome, Father. And that's true, Van, but there's something I want to check out. I'll be back in a moment."

Kat took the gold and wandered off down a nearby alley, looking at the doors as she did so. Eventually she recognized a symbol on one of them and gave it it seven quick knocks followed by one heavy one. The door unlocked and opened and she moved into the black market to investigate what they had for sale. Eventually, she saw a shard similar to the one Nanoha had picked up.

"I want this one."

A bit of haggling later and Kat was walking away with it, if 600 gold coins lighter for the purchase. She moved over to secluded corner and held it in her left hand, her right hovering above it.

"Let's see if I remember how to do this. Been forever since I actually thought about doing magic..."

She concentrated on the shard, and after several tense moments it levitated a few inches from her palm, suspended between her hands. It shattered with a loud crack, and energy flowed into her hands and dissipated.

"That's what I suspected. I wonder if the one Nanoha carries can aid us, too."

She wandered back out to the party, changing her pace to a flounce just before she rounded the corner to where they were.

"OK, I'm back! About that ride...?"

TL;DR the RP: Kat buys a Shard of Wisdom and uses it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:14 pm »

Vandertz gave a brief nod to Gordon before returning his attention to Kat, watching her go, a tad curious about what she was going to do with the money now.

"Alright then, take your time! And Gordon, if we are really going to fight against some kind of.. demon.. we might actually need you in the front line. Even if you are just carrying a staff, you do know more about those things than us."

When he noticed Kat returned, he gave a whistle to get Orihalcon's attention, the wyvern just took a few seconds to get close to them as he wasn't too far.

"That was pretty fast! And we can do this now, as I am not sure if we really will have the opportunity to fly again without being concerned about being attacked by some crazy enemy army later, hah!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 25, 2014, 08:13:07 pm »

Gordon gave the young man a calculating look. When he spoke, his voice was guarded.

: "Oh? And what makes ye think I know anything about fighting demons? It isn't exactly a standard subject at school."

But Vandertz appeared to be busy showing off his wyvern (which Gordon only now realized was not some sort of crude euphemism), and so the priest decided to let the matter drop.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 25, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »

(Going from the battlesprite Sirus posted)

Kat watched as the azure wyrm approached.

"Woooow... he's pretty. The scales on his underside look like amethysts."

She approached Orihalcon and patted his snout gently with the palm of her hand. His scales were hard below her hand, but had the faintest amount of 'give' to them.

"This is why I call you our fearless leader. It takes a lot of courage to tame a fearsome creature like him and ride him into battle and through the sky."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »

Vandertz probably would be rolling on the grass laughing if he actually knew what was passing by Gordon's mind, considering Vandertz was indeed a wyvern rider. Probably the oldman wasn't paying attention when he said he would be "calling Orihalcon" after defeating Enor and moving to the closest city.
"You are a priest, Father. You know they are afraid of Light, and even your presence may actually force them to step back."

He nodded at Kat, letting her touch the Wyvern, as long as she wasn't poking those huge fangs, she would be just fine, at least when the rider was close, he could be friendly, that...or just act like a complete prankster, just like Vandertz sometimes.

"Hahah, I bet Orihalcon is going to be your friend pretty soon, this big guy here likes attention. Back in Rundum he wasn't exactly respected by others, because you know.. this is the kind of wyvern used by..."

He whispered the last part close to her ear.

"...Wyvern Hunters. And in a place full of flying creatures, they were concerned about keeping him around, even if I said he wouldn't bother them."

He stepped back a bit and clapped his hands together, trying to get rid of that awkward moment, there was no need to think too much about that, especially because he already had a few plans to deal with the problems he had in Rundum.

"That or just takes someone with a personality that fits with the wyvern. Oriralcon enjoys dangerous adventures just as much as I do, that and messing with people. And if I am the "fearsome leader", you are going to be the fearsome scavenger! I still remember how you took care of that other thief."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:30:17 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2014, 08:35:12 pm »

"I'd like that! You certainly seem a friendly sort, Orihalcon."

Reassured by Vandertz's words that he enjoyed the attention, Kat brought her other hand up and rubbed the wyvern's neck.

Wyvern hunters... I guess if there were unicorns people would hunt them too. Poor boy.

Van quickly perked up, though, and she looked over at him.

"I just did what I had to do. Hey, do you think he'd mind if I got on him?"

She wasn't entirely sure how to go about that; she'd probably need Vandertz's help.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2014, 08:46:17 pm »

"I just did what I had to do. Hey, do you think he'd mind if I got on him?"

Gordon prepared his healing staff...just in case, of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 25, 2014, 08:49:23 pm »

The wyvern rumbled with the attention and rubbed its snout against the hand patting it, he seemed to be enjoying the attention he was getting. Vandertz chuckled and gave a little shrug at her.

"You did more than that! But now if you are going to say something like that, when you compliment me, I will say the same thing, hahah."

He tapped the saddle and stepped aside to give her some room.

"You are just fine, if he didn't like you, he probably would have tried to bite you already."

It was supposed to be a joke, but at the same time that was also true, those fangs weren't just there to be pretty. And as that probably was her first time climbing on a wyvern, he did help her to climb up, placing his hands on her hips just to lift her up.

"Alright, this isn't a horse or anything, but with the saddle, it is the same thing, first one leg on one side, then the other leg on the other side after getting some support. I think the only difficulty when climbing on a wyvern are those wings, you need to know the right way to climb up without hitting yourself against them!"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:50:57 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2014, 09:01:00 pm »

Kat made no protest whatsoever when Vandertz practically picked her up. She didn't weigh very much, as was appropriate for a small woman such as herself. It was advantageous for her to be a bit short and light as a thief anyway.

"Thanks, Van! Now let's see..."

She put a foot in the stirrup of the saddle and swung her other leg over, staying as far away from his wings as she could. It probably looked awkward and more than a little funny to observers, but after a few moments and a little more assistance from Vandertz she managed to get situated and rested her hands on the pommel of the saddle.

"So this is what it's like to be tall. Hey, Vandertz, are you coming up here too?"

She scooted forward on the saddle and moved her feet so he could climb up behind her if he wanted.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 309