Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 340559 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #2940 on: November 18, 2017, 09:30:56 am »

Gordon snags a Fortify, thinking about how useful it would have been in the battle just fought.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: November 18, 2017, 11:26:02 am »

Grab the Gyrm Greataxe and Crescent Axe. Throw the Crescent Axe into storage once it's received.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 03:45:41 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: November 30, 2017, 07:04:48 pm »

Going with the Golden Bow.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: November 30, 2017, 09:16:27 pm »

Anne collects a partially-used vulnerary from the group collection to replace the one she completely used up, and looks mighty hard at the Scraping Spear but leaves it be for now, not feeling comfortable taking nice things from the group collection that she hadn't helped earn.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2944 on: December 04, 2017, 04:09:53 pm »

Ociel takes the Armorslayer, Heal, Dark Breaker, Earth Sword, and Physic, depositing his Iron Blade in the convoy for the moment.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 09, 2017, 03:46:47 pm »

Gibe Physic to Gordon if he has space, if not keep it

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: January 03, 2018, 04:34:33 am »

CHAPTER 8: SMOKE AND MIRRORS
Vandertz made his way out of the armory with a spikier and larger version of his armor, gesturing for the group to reunite.
"It is time for us to visit that tunnel of mirrors. Thankfully they were kind enough to also provide us with some new gear...So if you want to get a better armor or something, check it with Even he will be carrying the supplies."
"I still can't believe we are wasting our time with this crap! Why can't we just use my ship to get there?"
"If the map is right, we have to go through this secret passage, Even. And at least down here I doubt we will have to worry about pirates."

Meanwhile...

"Adant, you fool. These mistakes are costing us troops, and as much as Rundum does desire to see an army of undead marching it is not the time yet. These creatures carrying the key pieces are wasting too much our time...HIS time. You will be getting rid of them right now."
"They defeated Avalon with ease...Cannot we send the other leaders we already transformed?"
"ADANT, that was not a request. Make yourself useful out there and kill them, if you fail that truly will be your end. Our master desires only the strong ones to assist him, so if you can't handle a bunch of weaklings then you  truly won't be worth keeping around, priest."
"..."
---
Soon enough the group made their way into the tunnel, and while at first it seemed short the path they followed led to a much larger part of it, with countless mirrors stuck on the walls. The reflex on each mirror was different, distorting their bodies...And as if that wasn't uncomfortable enough, there were mumbles and whispers echoing through the cave. The further they went, the louder those noises were, along with torches suddenly being lit near them.

"And people PAID to see this? Might as well hand me over their money and watch me do a little dance instead."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:56:22 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: January 03, 2018, 05:32:18 am »

: I feel like I have seen this before... But I can't remember if it was this place with the mirrors or just me with a bunch of dullahans.

Seraphim then turned to Ociel and Gordon.

: You two are healers, right? Do you mind giving me a quick lesson in staff using? I'm not that attuned to it but if things go as bleedy as last time I want to be able to do something about it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: January 03, 2018, 05:44:06 pm »

Gordon looked somewhat amused.

"Ta be honest, I wouldn't be at all sure ye could use such staffs if I hadn't seen them work on ye with me own eyes. I suppose magical healin can work on a magical construct such as yeself. Well, alright then." The old priest handed a spare staff over to Seraphim, then held out his own so that the golem could see. "I'm told that staffs work in much tha same way as tomes, containing magic concentrated into a gemstone rather than ink and paper. Like tomes, what they really do is amplify ye own internal power and allow ye ta direct it towards another person. By channeling me magic through a staff like this, I can do anything from ease the pain of a wound to make it perfectly heal in front of ye eyes. I been using these staffs so long I can even heal me own wounds without even thinking about it.

"Battlefield healing requires a lot of energy, which draws from the staff's stored magic rather than drain ye own life. I understand that some powerful mages can heal wounds without a staff, but doing so weakens them rather badly. Staffs are safer, if more prone to burning out after too many uses, and staffs can heal far more and at greater ranges than almost any mage.

"Enough lecturin'. I want ye to focus ye mind on the gem in the head of the staff. Make it glow. If ye can do that, ye can heal with it. Normally, this'd take weeks of practice, but ye pretty much made of magic as far as I can tell so perhaps it will come easily to ye."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: January 03, 2018, 06:14:25 pm »

: I'm not exactly a magical construct but... I think I know what you mean.

Seraphim took the spare staff and focused. After a moment the gem started glowing.

: I see how it works now! Thanks. And what you said about draining my own life... You gave me a great idea! Thanks again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: January 04, 2018, 11:19:18 pm »

Lycan is surprisingly unharmed despite his propensity to try spiked mace-based tricks while drunk, and he doesn't seem that bothered about the creepy atmosphere.

"Ha! I wonder if we'll face our inner demons or somethin'. I've done so much in my life this place might as well drown me in blood and be done with it."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: January 04, 2018, 11:29:24 pm »

"Gods I hope not. I don't think we brought enough booze to face my inner demons right now and, if you didn't notice, it's a little late to go back and get some more." Despite her bitching, Kaarina doesn't seem particularly worried either. Just alert and ready to bash whatever might jump out at them, demons or otherwise.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: January 05, 2018, 09:36:06 pm »

Vandertz raised a hand and made a fist gesturing for the others to stop.
"There is something off about this place...Aside from all the whispering that is."
And finally the whispering ended, only to be replaced with a familiar voice-Adant.
"So we meet again, mortals. And I see your priest is not dead yet, but don't you worry Gordon your time is short."
"Why is this douche in my head? I can't even think about my amazing pajama collection!"
"Normally I would offer you all the option to give up and simply hand over the key fragments, but we had been through this already. And you have been delaying our work, so this time I will make sure none of you have a chance to retreat."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2953 on: January 05, 2018, 10:05:21 pm »

"I'd like to see you try."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: January 06, 2018, 02:26:25 am »

"I guess this connection is a two-way one. Even, are ya sure ya can't think about that pajama collection to bother this moron?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 309