Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339639 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #270 on: February 25, 2014, 05:04:13 am »

Garret raised an eyebrow.
"...Yes. The trip to the ground you generously made me take with you reminded me that I got hit by a brute with an axe a couple times. I need to rest."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2014, 05:07:05 am »

"Sure, act like you didn't enjoy it. But we both know the truth!"

Kat giggled for a few seconds before sobering up.

"But seriously. If you want me to I can rub your back. It might make you feel better. I have some pretty strong, nimble fingers."

She held them up and wiggled them as if it would prove her point.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 25, 2014, 06:45:21 am »

"Ehh... Maybe later. I have to go... buy a sword. Now."
Garret scrammed to the armory and Scimitar GET.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 25, 2014, 10:21:56 am »

Kat laughed to herself as he ran off. He seemed really nervous around girls, like Lesan. She put her hands in her back pockets and strolled off to find Vandertz, but seeing that he was talking to Sophie, she decided to walk around the city and see if there was anything interesting going on.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2014, 10:36:25 am »

"You probably should try to get to know the others, I don't think we are going to get on the port today as it seems they are still buying some stuff."

Kat didn't find anything too important really, just people trying to sell random equipment around the city, at least until someone mentioned Mernid, and something that if you knew a little bit about Mernid, you could tell something bad was going on.

"Sir, we have some bad news. The group that was sent to scout Mernid barely could return, most of them were ambushed by mercenaries, and they did mention something weird.. they said the main forest was gone, they said it became a desert!"

The other soldiers on the area began to make a blockade to prevent the other people to listen to the rest of the conversation, as it was "Terrania" business, and they didn't want to let other hear about that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 25, 2014, 11:33:34 am »

Kat quickly ducked into cover and tried to sneak past the guard blockade. This desert situation sounded strange, and she wanted to hear more. Maybe the others could make something of it.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 25, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »

: "Well, ye'll have ta talk ta Vandertz about that. But ye seemed pretty capable back there, so I assume he won't mind. So can I help ye with something?"

"Nothing, good father. If you don't mind I merely wish to enjoy your company."

((Ugh... Goddamn it, me.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 25, 2014, 12:13:58 pm »

Gordon raised a bushy eyebrow at that. It was a rare person who would willingly spend any extended amount of time with him. Even the parishioners back home tended to avoid him outside of official business.

: "As ye wish. I simply plan ta see what this port has ta offer, so I suppose ye can come along."

With that, Gordon set off towards the markets to look around. Afterwards he looks for the local church of the Defender.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 25, 2014, 12:21:01 pm »

There was a circle of knights guarding the ones talking, so it wouldn't be possible to hear too much besides a few random words coming out a little louder, just related to a desert, a temple and undead attacks. But those were the few words that could be heard.

The priest couldn't really find a church there at all, not from the Defender, nor from Titan, the reason? It was a city focused just on business, so it was always full of mercenaries, it wouldn't be too bright of them to leave a church there. But it was still possible to see Terrania priests passing by, trying to "spread the word of the Defender", or Knights talking about Titan.

"I wonder where the others went... I hope they are at least being careful."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 25, 2014, 12:24:36 pm »

Gordon approaches one of the other priests and asks him/her what sort of rumors have been going around lately.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2014, 12:32:40 pm »

Kat scurried her way back to Vandertz.

"Hey, fearless leader. I heard some weird stuff about the 'main forest' in Mernid having turned into a massive desert! What do you suppose that's all about?"

The thief put her hand on her left hip and shifted all her weight to her left foot, her head tilted slightly to her right questioningly.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2014, 12:39:01 pm »

Vandertz turned around and gave a soft nod to Kat, only to give a confused stare when she mentioned the forest.

"You know you can call me by Vandertz, right? And are you sure you heard it right? Mernid's forest is huge, I am not sure how it would turn into a desert.. and I didn't hear anything about that before."

He gave a shrug and placed a hand under his chin, taking some time to think about that.

"Do you think someone did that? Like some kind of sorcerer or something? Because a forest wouldn't just die so easily, even if you tried to burn it down, it would take quite a while."

Gordon:
Just one of the priests turned around to talk to Gordon, the other ones didn't really pay attention to his presence.
"So you didn't hear about Mernid yet? They fell under a curse, there is something evil wandering there, transforming the place into a desert. And only the Defender and its followers will be able to stop this demon, but we are still trying to gather all the priests and bishops we can find."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:44:45 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 25, 2014, 12:51:16 pm »

"I know! But you're our brave leader, Van. I'm counting on you to lead us to adventure and fame!"

Her friend asked her if she was sure what she had heard.

"Yeah, that's what the guards were saying. They sent some scouts down there and most of them got wiped out."

Vandertz speculated about whether or not a magician did it.

"...Maybe? I'm not that familiar with magic. I mean I can do a little but I ain't an expert. What do you think? Should we worry about it or no?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 25, 2014, 12:56:29 pm »

@ Priest

: "A curse, ye say? That's disturbing news indeed. Any word on what caused it, or who could be behind it?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 25, 2014, 12:59:45 pm »

"Hey, don't give me too many compliments, I will end up getting used to that. That and also will be giving you some, considering you were the mighty thief who took down plenty of people during that fight and even scared some of them."

Vandertz gave a little wink before becoming serious again, crossing his arms and tapping one of his boots on the ground.

"Hmm. We probably should be careful when we get there. Terrania wouldn't lie about something like that, so we need to get ready to face whatever is doing that to Mernid. Maybe we even get some extra respect helping them."

Gordon

"We don't know for sure. But some of the scouts began to call it "The demon priest". It seems he is taking over Mernid with an undead army, that and gathering more people communicating with them mentally..., promising good things to them, only to lure them into his Temple. That place is getting plagued with heresy, and this is exactly why we NEED stop him!"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 309