Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339844 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #2610 on: July 30, 2017, 04:24:07 pm »

"Shit. Is there anyone here who actually has a good reason for heading to the gates? Because it's starting to sound to me like we could solve all of our problems by just beating up enough assholes and taking all of their stuff."

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: July 30, 2017, 04:46:32 pm »

"Not exactly, we are a large group and to get a decent life around here we do need plenty of gold. Plus, I am not sure what else the gate CAN do, all I heard was about power and gold...But I am sure it can do more, I simply don't have anything else in mind besides having a peaceful life."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2612 on: July 30, 2017, 05:00:45 pm »

"I'm simply investigating the tales of monsters. If I should happen to fall into fortune along the way, so be it. I'm certain I can find a good use for it."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: July 30, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »

"Guess you got your wish before reaching the gates, considering we already encountered a bunch of monsters."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2614 on: July 30, 2017, 05:28:17 pm »

"That much is true, certainly. Hopefully we can find a way to eliminate them - and ensure the more benign beings we've encountered remain unmolested." He nods toward the Dullahan.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: July 31, 2017, 02:59:21 pm »

CHAPTER 7: UNWANTED GUESTS

After saying good bye to the Dullahan, the group moved forward without Yvain who chose to stay behind to assist Mernid. Thankfully the path wasn't dry and full of poison pools like in the Badlands, so at least Sylvinir's border was still safe from those attacks. Or so it seemed.

"Sylvinir, at last! And fresh air too! Feels good to be in a place without poison, sand and monsters!"
Vandertz gestured towards the walls in front of them and a massive gate blocking the entrance to give a brief explanation about the place they were going to visit.
"This is Sylvinir's core city; Crossport. The home of many soldiers and mercenaries, and it also happens to be the birthplace of Avalon; a powerful swordsmaster that passed away a long time ago."
Soon the wyvern rider proceeded to speak while heading towards the gate.
"My parents told me stories about him, apparently Avalon carried a magic shield with him. A shield so powerful that it could make his opponents get hurt just by blocking with it...But nobody knows what happened to the shield, or now that I think about it, I am not even sure if they know how he died. But another thing I know is that Crossport is famo-"

With them standing right in front of the gate,  the party was greeted with countless soldiers on top of the walls pointing crossbows at them.
"STATE YOUR BUSINESS, MAGGOT!"
"...Yeah, famous for having a lot of crossbowmen."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06:02 pm »

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

"Ahahaha, are they always this nice to visitors? I just can't handle all the hospitality."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: July 31, 2017, 03:20:39 pm »

"Times like these make me wish we all carried tower shields so we could turtle up. Maybe we should go back and get some crates, take out the bottom panel, and then just kinda walk in while hiding under them."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: July 31, 2017, 03:26:27 pm »

"Not really, this is the first time I see them doing that, clearly something is going on. That or they decided to beat Terrania in bad manners."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »

"A crate's bottom wouldn't be of much use against bolts."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2620 on: July 31, 2017, 05:43:37 pm »

"Perhaps I should speak? Most don't think ill of wandering healers."
GM of Trespassers V2.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: July 31, 2017, 06:01:19 pm »

The tiny Kat jumped up and cuffed Lycan on the back of the head, knowing full well he probably wouldn't even feel it.

"Not like that, Lycan! We take out the bottom panel so we can be in the crates and still walk."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: July 31, 2017, 06:16:17 pm »

"That still sounds kinda silly, Kat. Who'd do it? Maybe it'd work for you 'cause you're this tiny."

"And sure, Ociel."
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: July 31, 2017, 06:17:43 pm »

Gordon sighs and steps forward, holding out his healing staff and trusting his armor to keep him safe if needed.

: "Hail, Crossport! We be travelers, just hopin' ta put our feet up for ta night. We dun want any trouble."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: July 31, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

"Many great thieves have used that trick! You'd be surprised how many places you can sneak into with just a prepped crate."

Kat again posed, a thumb to her chest and her other hand on her hip.

"Even I've gotten it to work before!"
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 309