Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 309

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)  (Read 339705 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (IC thread)
« Reply #1635 on: January 15, 2015, 03:13:33 pm »

"You're welcome but, uhm, do you still need more healing or will you be ok?"

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 15, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »

"That's a magic symbol of honor and power for most knights and cavaliers. And don't worry, I got this already." He pointed to the bundle of wicked-looking throwing spears - killer pilums - tied horizontally to his lower back. "Guess Maiya or I can take care of the crest for the time being."

"Then I might as well hang onto it!"

Greedy Maiya takes the crest as well. She took a quick, anxious glance towards the recovering Terranian knights, and then turned towards the group.

"Now, erm, you all wouldn't mind if I accompanied you to the village, would you? I don't play well with royal knights."
I need to put something interesting here.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 15, 2015, 03:32:52 pm »

"I'm fine." Lesan no longer appeared to be bleeding at all- Of course, this was no assurance that there was nothing wrong.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 15, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »

"Now, erm, you all wouldn't mind if I accompanied you to the village, would you? I don't play well with royal knights."

"Why's that? Somethin' we should know?" he inquired casually. He didn't sound inappropriately curious since the merc was the last type of person who could claim to be in good terms with any military force named "royal" anything.

With the very fancy-looking armor and the air of nobility Maiya had, it just sounded strange her saying she didn't play well with royal knights. Maybe it had to do with her eagerness to keep the crest.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 15, 2015, 04:19:43 pm »

"Why's that? Somethin' we should know?" he inquired casually. He didn't sound inappropriately curious since the merc was the last type of person who could claim to be in good terms with any military force named "royal" anything.

With the very fancy-looking armor and the air of nobility Maiya had, it just sounded strange her saying she didn't play well with royal knights. Maybe it had to do with her eagerness to keep the crest.

"Other than the fact that I just don't like them, no. There's nothing else." Maiya spat, her tone seeming a tad uncharacteristic.

She should have kept her mouth shut.

Of course, the soldier was lying, whether that was well-hidden or alarmingly obvious probably depended on one's perception. But the last thing she needed right now was a knight's scrutiny, something that was originally easily avoided when they had originally galloped in during the battle.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:25:17 pm by Gamerboy4life »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 15, 2015, 04:27:51 pm »

Kaarina can't help but laugh at Maiya suddenly getting all pissy at Lycan.

"Oh gods, this is rich."

"C'mon, you can tell us. It should be pretty obvious that we aren't a clean and uptight bunch. Well, some of us aren't at least. You can tell us the reason why and we won't chop your head off, whatever it is."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 15, 2015, 04:32:58 pm »

"..."

Lycan seemed to focus his gaze very seriously at Maiya for a moment, the same predatory eyes that stared down so many opponents before their demise focusing on hers. Then he grinned again and laughed, making clear it had been a joke.

"Haha! Don't worry. I'm sure you're welcome. Ya fought well and our group could always do with more good warriors. I won't inquire further."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:34:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 15, 2015, 04:38:09 pm »

"Some reinforcement is always welcome. Just keep in mind we are heading to the Gates of Rundum. And chances are we might be facing more of those...things again very soon."

After a few hours they arrived in the small town, it was late in the night yet, the purple was still covering a good part of the sky, but the full moon was still possible to be seen.

"Well, here we are. Melever! Even if it doesn't look as active as it used to be now."

"Whatever, just need a place to sleep for now. That and you kids need to rest too, can't guard my stuff if you are tired!"
The group was greeted by an oldman instead of the guards.
"It has been a while since we received guests. But your group joins us at a good time! Someone released the energy we had been needing to be able to defend ourselves again! Our towers are slowly raising from the ground again, but... We will still need help to recharge them." 
"Please, come with us and stay at the Inn for now."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:06:30 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 15, 2015, 07:02:53 pm »

"What a concidence. We were just about to go find an inn for a bath and a bit too much to drink. So no point standing around here then."

Kaarina muscles past the old man and heads to the inn, eager to relax after a long hard day of fighting in the desert.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 15, 2015, 07:29:59 pm »

"Very well then. But we might need your assistance later, this place is far from being completely safe yet."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 15, 2015, 07:31:14 pm »

:"Yes!"
Sophie zipped inside into the inn.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 15, 2015, 07:59:43 pm »

Sensing his master was not about to enter the inn without gentle encouragement, Lesan's horse walked toward the inn, intending to scrape Lesan against a wall until he took the hint.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 15, 2015, 08:04:48 pm »

"Yeah, yeah. Look, if it's not important right now then it can wait. We've got better things to think of right now."

Kaarina chuckles as Sophie zips past her, and follows the unfortunate dancer inside to claim a table and flag down a server for some booze.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 15, 2015, 09:05:47 pm »

Maiya approached the elderly man.

"As much as I'd love to refresh, I have to ask, what exactly is needed to finish these... towers of yours?" She paused, glancing around, "And do you not have a town watch or local militia here?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 15, 2015, 10:22:17 pm »

True to his word, Lycan didn't bother Maiya about whatever she was trying to hide, instead giving the Fang to Vandertz and following the group to the nearby town. After the elderly man vaguely explained part of the situation, Lycan nodded.

"Got it."

Noticing Lesan was having some trouble, the merc decided to help him out of his far-too-smart horse and into the inn. Probably still in shock after whatever happened back the desert, and which probably included Sophie.

"I'll get a drink before heading to bath." The quickly-cooling air of the night had made short work of the prior sweat and heat. "Who wanna join us?"
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 309