Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 204861 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #2175 on: March 28, 2014, 07:29:48 pm »

Well. As a wise man once said and linked, never split the party.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: March 28, 2014, 08:27:13 pm »

Pilums OP, nerf plz :l

I don't think I'm going to allow them, by and large, in NoH or anything I do after. They don't have any real downsides to account for the free double.

Soliferrums will stay though, since they're class locked.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: March 28, 2014, 08:50:36 pm »

I recently took a look at them. Though I imagine Pilum are a way to draw attention towards spears and make knights+promotes be less impaired by low AS, the 1.20 ones seem a tad too light. 1.22 makes them heavier and a hit-rate penalty could be added on top of that to make javelins more attractive since their MT is usually 1 higher but they still tend to lose in almost everything else compared to a Pilum. That way, a Pilum could be a weapon made for tossing several and hitting less and the javelin could be the higher-dmg, higher-accuracy alternative.

That file with weapon changes is still underway. I'm using these chapters' data to analyze the performance of different weapons. Gotoh is going to be buffed to the 1.22's version 7 MT, though, that much is certain already. Either that or 6 MT. Depends on what Praef has to say on the matter.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:56:11 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: March 28, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »

Ooh ooh I can waitlist!

:p Probably not worth from how deep into the game it seems to be, though.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: March 28, 2014, 09:58:57 pm »

Caellath, out of curiosity, how in depth of a system revision are you planning to make? First classes, now weapons... If you're making a sort of v 1.23, I think Awakening has some character skills that may be worth adding, and putting in Third Tier promotions could be good too for high level campaigns.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: March 28, 2014, 10:23:07 pm »

Not only first classes, promoted are getting buffed too. (At least the ones that are going to need it.)

And as mentioned previously, I see pilum as a weapon directed to knight to compensate their lack of SPD (At most of cases, unless it is an offensive knight like Lycan).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: March 28, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »

Would I be able to waitlist/join, or is it not worth it by this point? Have I missed too much already?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: March 28, 2014, 10:26:32 pm »

But Pilums are accessible to any class and build, and there are no real downsides to them versus javelins, at least for now.

The knight thing is why I'm keeping the Soliferrum.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: March 28, 2014, 10:32:24 pm »

Well, I am not going to change them. :v This thing of removing something from the game usually doesn't ends well. And the waitlist will stay closed for now, there are enough players for at least the next two or three chapters. And usually "missing" stuff on FEF isn't a big deal, some people joined Haspen's FEF1 pretty late but weren't too affected by it.

Edit: But I will probably be buffing spears to make them more interesting, like increasing accuracy, making them lighter and with some crit rate.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:34:15 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: March 28, 2014, 11:06:55 pm »

Eh...Careful there Praefectum. I would just increase the accuracy of javelins(by a very small amount, seriously, like maybe 5 on just some of them), and reduce the accuracy of Pilums by a similarly small amount, and maybe if it's needed decrease their might by 1 for a few of them. The advantage Javelins are supposed to have is dealing greater damage to foes with high defense. I'm fairly sure, anyway. And, of course, killing them in one blow versus two, which might be important if you don't want to get countered by a Lunar Wind.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: March 28, 2014, 11:14:37 pm »

Caellath, out of curiosity, how in depth of a system revision are you planning to make? First classes, now weapons... If you're making a sort of v 1.23, I think Awakening has some character skills that may be worth adding, and putting in Third Tier promotions could be good too for high level campaigns.

It may end up looking like a sort of 1.23 since I'm checking almost all classes and weapons to try and balance them. Third Tier is one of my lowest priorities and I only played FE 7 & 8 so some stuff may be alien to me.

But Pilums are accessible to any class and build, and there are no real downsides to them versus javelins, at least for now.

Yeah, that's why Pilums are getting a bit more WT in my balancing notes: to scare off pesky soldiers or similar classes who would be able to enjoy the benefits of a Pilum without having low AS. Due to those classes generally having a lower CON than knights/promotions, if they want the full Pilum experience (not losing AS due to the weapon's weight) they'd either need to specialize on the Spears subcategory or raise CON at character creation and by then I suppose it's a fair trade. Considering a small cut to their hit rate along with that.

Javelins should have a clearer role aside from "worse than the equivalent pilum". Getting a small boost to hit and some crit in all versions could help.

@Rolep: Yeah, I was considering something alike to that.
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: March 28, 2014, 11:15:25 pm »

By "spear" I meant javelins and other spears, not pilums. And I already know what I am going to do with them, but thank you for the suggestion anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:24 pm »

Oh yeah, and when you start that Caellath, could ya tell me? I've noticed that I don't usually notice when things like that start. :p

But, yah, I would almost always take Pilums, since by the time it becomes better to take Javelins for damage purposes(beyond doubling with them), you're only doing negligible damage with them anyway. Weight and reduction of hit rate slightly should work, especially if you raise Javelins hit rate slightly. Have to be careful there, because they need to be balanced against Piercing and Polearms too, not just within Spears themselves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: March 29, 2014, 12:01:57 am »

....All the changes will be posted on the beginning of the page. (The ones in effect)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: March 29, 2014, 12:20:52 am »

Guys, should I heal Garret or shoot the wyvern for effective damage?
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 308