Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 204946 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #2085 on: March 25, 2014, 08:14:24 am »

I dunno... Crusade seems too far reaching, and how would it work if multiple enemies were on one side? For Crusaders, how about just two extra designations per map?

For Shadow Sword, I think effective damage would be a bit too outrageous. But maybe +20 crit against the marked enemy?

And yeah, let them keep the resistance bonuses, those classes don't have much going for them right now.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: March 25, 2014, 08:17:52 am »

It seems to me like you have the Merc tree to support allies and the Myrmidon tree for attack. Maybe the Fencer tree should be more defensive? I can see they were kind of going for that already but blew it with a crappy skill. Maybe a Fencer could get like an EVA bonus for every enemy around them? It would certainly be useful.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 25, 2014, 08:19:10 am »

Well I think we'd need to discuss crusade a little more. You can talk to me in steam now and I saw you accepted so if I could make the app work I'm sure you can too :P

Edit: I see Myrms and such as more crit and speed fiends, Mercs as physical defense/totems so Fencers in my mind more like magic tanks.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:21:23 am by Solymr »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 25, 2014, 08:22:14 am »

It seems to me like you have the Merc tree to support allies and the Myrmidon tree for attack. Maybe the Fencer tree should be more defensive? I can see they were kind of going for that already but blew it with a crappy skill. Maybe a Fencer could get like an EVA bonus for every enemy around them? It would certainly be useful.

I don't know if that's quite right. The Mercenary tree seems to me that it's made for tight group formations. The original Mercenary class ability gives bonuses to nearby allies, and gets bonuses from them. Hero gains additional bonuses from nearby allies, and Commanders get to give more bonuses to them. So I think Support simplifies it somewhat.

So based on what I suggested, Myrms are the Critsters, Mercs are the groupers, and Fencers are the Strikers, devoting their turns to taking down a single, problematic enemy.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: March 25, 2014, 08:29:12 am »

...That doesn't really argue against what I said at all. >.> Critster or not, Myrms are still the attack-focused tree, and Mercs are still the ally-bonus-based (Support) tree. And if Fencers are the magic-tank tree... that still validates my saying they should be the defense-tree.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 25, 2014, 08:34:45 am »

...That doesn't really argue against what I said at all. >.> Critster or not, Myrms are still the attack-focused tree, and Mercs are still the ally-bonus-based (Support) tree. And if Fencers are the magic-tank tree... that still validates my saying they should be the defense-tree.

Sorry, I misinterpreted. When I hear Support, I think bonuses always out, never in.

And I think Fencers deserve a little better than 'You take hits from this class a little better than everybody else'

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:11 am »

It gives them a purpose, though. Otherwise you might as well just always go the other two trees.

And also I would totally play a Fencer if they were defense-based, you know me. :P

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 25, 2014, 08:38:33 am »

Parry?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 25, 2014, 08:39:51 am »

That could be a thing. Or maybe something like increased damage on a counter. When I think Fencer I think stuff like Inigo Montoya and Wesley in Princess Bride.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: March 25, 2014, 08:40:01 am »

It gives them a purpose, though. Otherwise you might as well just always go the other two trees.

And also I would totally play a Fencer if they were defense-based, you know me. :P

My suggestion also gives them a purpose! Just a radically different one.

Parry?

What about it?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: March 25, 2014, 08:50:32 am »

Challenge probably works better for Crusader. Either that or give them the same ability Wyvern Knights got switched to; makes sense for them to be able to tank the hell out of magic in my mind.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 25, 2014, 08:57:12 am »

Solymr and me were kicking around the idea that Challenged enemies would have their number of attacks reduced by one, unless it would put them at 0 counters.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 25, 2014, 09:13:57 am »

That could be a thing. Or maybe something like increased damage on a counter. When I think Fencer I think stuff like Inigo Montoya and Wesley in Princess Bride.

One of the skills for Fencer I'm working on is named Riposte and gives them a small bonus on all counterattacks, plus an extra bonus in case the enemy misses. Challenge to Duel and Parry also exist, but there's a limit to how many skills can be put into one class (also considered putting Parry in Fencer and Riposte in Swashbuckler, since the latter maneuver comes after the former happens). For the moment I'm mostly writing several options and checking which ones would be more appropriate/balanced.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 25, 2014, 09:27:21 am »

And we are now discussing Valor and how much wrath sucks xD
Sidetracking yeah

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 25, 2014, 09:30:14 am »

Wrath doesn't really suck, you just have to build up around it :p
Which, now that I think about it, is true of a lot of class abilities.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 308