Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205103 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #1875 on: March 19, 2014, 02:36:02 pm »

The team has a tendency to break off in two different fronts to fend off threats and since we only have one healer, one of the sides is likely to either rely on consumables or get on the floor and walk the dinosaur for a while. That'll probably be lessened when we receive our troubadour.

I have been trying to clear a way towards the other ship ever since Praef said the pirates would retreat to cut their losses and the situation is as follows: the map is a bit of a strategic puzzle; most of the map's spellcasters are in pairs and trying to move around a bit to smack a physical-weaponry class usually means being in the range of at least one of the spell-flingers; between inaction and action, action tends to be the best choice; without Pure Water, Lycan takes 21 damage from the shaman and 17 damage from the mage in case they hit, and finally, Gordon can't be in two places at the same time so Lycan's acting fairly independently and letting Gordon help the eastern front get the support they need.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 19, 2014, 06:28:01 pm »

If I am not wrong, the only one who needs to post now is Blade.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 19, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »

Blade, Horseback units spend 2 MOV when jumping from one ship to another. And you probably meant 13,5 since 13,7 is where a pirate is.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 19, 2014, 06:48:40 pm »

Blade, Horseback units spend 2 MOV when jumping from one ship to another. And you probably meant 13,5 since 13,7 is where a pirate is.

I took that into account. I get bonus move for shooting people because Nomad. Fixed my first destination because you were right about that.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 19, 2014, 06:54:06 pm »

Yeah. I'm not exactly sure about how the cost for jumping to the other ship works myself so you are probably right now.
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 19, 2014, 09:49:42 pm »

While I was looking at the character profiles, I noticed something. Gamer, Vantage is a cost skill, and even so you used 330% in growth. On other words, you will need to re-do your growth AND I will need to re-roll all your levels again.

Edit: That or you could change to a free skill.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:51:21 pm by Praefectus Screptum »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 19, 2014, 09:58:17 pm »

Also, Lesan won't be able to reach 10, 5. He will only have 3 MOV left.

Edit: Going to 11,7 would be enough to be able to hit the pirate.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 19, 2014, 10:04:47 pm »

Also, Lesan won't be able to reach 10, 5. He will only have 3 MOV left.

Edit: Going to 11,7 would be enough to be able to hit the pirate.

I though Rail tiles couldn't be stood on?

Besides, remember that I'm at 10,4 from my first move. I mathed it out, I can totally go there.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 19, 2014, 10:12:03 pm »

You can't stand on the fences. The sides of the ship are just fine, hell, on the left side of Even's ship there are like two or three on the edge of the ship. And I am aware Lesan is at 10, 4. But each time you jump from each side, you spend 2 MOV, and even with that little boost after attacking, I don't really think it will be enough. You will spend 6 MOV only to get there, so after attacking him you will have 3 MOV left.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 19, 2014, 10:13:04 pm »

Those rails don't seem to count as rails since we've seen two enemies moving on them. And moving from 11,5 to 12,5 costs 3 MOV for a Horseback unit and 2 MOV for a foot unit from what I've checked with Praef. Seems Lesan really can't do it.

Edit: Ninja'ed by GM.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:20:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 19, 2014, 10:16:02 pm »

You can't stand on the fences. The sides of the ship are just fine, hell, on the left side of Even's ship there are like two or three on the edge of the ship. And I am aware Lesan is at 10, 4. But each time you jump from each side, you spend 2 MOV, and even with that little boost after attacking, I don't really think it will be enough. You will spend 6 MOV only to get there, so after attacking him you will have 3 MOV left.

Wait, so I spend 1 MOV to bridge the space, and 2 on top of that to perform the jump, or two total? If it's the latter, I'm still confused as to why I can't do it. If the former, that was poorly phrased and it screws up my plan badly.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 19, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »

3 of total. Like mentioned on the description, to jump from a ship to another, it costs an extra move(For units on feet), two for horseback. Think of it like moving to a forest or something like that.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 19, 2014, 10:21:40 pm »

3 of total. Like mentioned on the description, to jump from a ship to another, it costs an extra move(For units on feet), two for horseback. Think of it like moving to a forest or something like that.

:I

I'd like to debate the logic of making horseback units less good at jumping than people on their feet. For the sake of my plan, of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 19, 2014, 10:24:04 pm »

Woops, I meant moving from [11,5 to 12,5]. Edited my last post accordingly. Seems like I had gotten it right a while go, but then I got a bit confused.

@BMM: We're on ships. If Praef was a dick, I believe he'd make moving while on horseback cost 2 MOV all the time since ships, specially old ones, had a tendency towards rocking.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 308