Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205011 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

As an aside, I'd like to mention that Kaarina is actually fine right now equipment-wise. That's not just her being grumpy like usual. The Infantry Axe will replace the Hatchet once that breaks, she has another Iron Axe at full quality for smashing people's heads in. The only weapon she doesn't have a replacement for is for the Double Axe, but I wouldn't call that a critical need in the slightest.

Stats-wise she's good in pretty much everything except for RES/DEF/LUK. HP is high enough as it is and will only get higher. She'll ram against the STR and SPD caps so they're good. SKL should do fine as well, once she promotes and gets more levels to grow up against the cap. LUK is LUK so why worry about that? RES is extremely lacklustre as it stands so buffing it probably won't help her at all. If I had to increase something on Kaarina it'd be DEF, mostly by default. But that's still more than acceptable in my mind.

So yeah. Spend our gold on someone other than Kaarina. She's not as great as Lycan or Vandertz but then again who is?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vandertz ain't as good as you think, Lycan and Kaarina have the advantage of good support high-five with lots of HP to tank shit up. Plus Kaarina already showed her ninja potential with her evasion PS+Support+Forest or mountain.  But yeah, I suggest aiming for the characters who really need to get stronker and are behind stat-wise.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Gear-wise, pretty much good. Sena has all the bows. In terms of stats, I think Sena's kind of alright. Good Speed and Strength at least, but she could use some Skill - I think her defense, luck, and resistance are basically lost causes at this point. I may be somewhat spoiled by Catherine over in Final Hour - she's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 08:48:05 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

When I did the number crunching at the beginning of the battle, Vandertz was second only to Lycan. Even after some lack-luster level-ups I'd still say that he's second only to Lycan. Vandertz is a respectable crit machine, especially once he increases his Support with Kat beyond (C). No idea why he hasn't, honestly. He might not be as dodgy as Kaarina, but he's tougher (especially with a level B Support), faster and can dish out better damage. The gap between the two is definitely narrower than it was before, but I'd still rank Vandertz as above Kaarina. At least combat-wise.

Don't ask me where everyone else ranks, by the way. It's a much closer race between the other characters. Excepting Yvain, of course. Probably a good idea for him to stay behind with everyone and thus safe.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lycan was a case where I wasn't too sure what I was doing but worked due to luck.

And Vandertz should work on that support. I know Lycan suffers for his.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Currently eyeing Recover for Gordon and Physic for Ociel.

As far as weapons go, I would only really use the Silver Blade. Mage Masher is going to be largely irrelevant, unless we get some super tanky mages thrown at us. (I feel like I'm going to eat these words. . .)

Statwise, Ociel is right where he should be. If I had more HP I could make a decent frontliner but the amount of gold that'd go into that is probably not worth the payoff when I have canto and (soon) flying to just swoop in and gtfo before i get hit.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

No one's discussed Aura, so I'm going to take a look at her.

She could use some DEF I guess, but otherwise she is extremely solid all around and the DEF thing can be avoided simply by keeping her away from high STR enemies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Aura's pretty solid judging by what I've seen of her.

And mentioning healing items reminded me we should start by those since they're important. I approve Physic but I'm not sure about Recover. And do we already have Restore? Late game is when staff-wielders with status effects start to pop up.

Edit: Lycan and Vandertz should start a pose-off to see who has the biggest number of scars. A lot of flexing and grunting ensue. Man bonding!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 05:55:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I know Ociel doesn't need Recover. Don't remember how standout Gordon's MAG is off the top of my head since he didn't use a silly build like I did.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Gordon's MAG is a bit garbage, but that's because I specced him as a tank.

I'd be fine with a status-restoring staff, I've still got some regular healing left.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

So I was looking to (re)join the game as a thunder mage, and I want to ask your opinion on how to build: my initial idea was having Wrath as CS and grab DEF and RES while dumping SPD and LCK. Does this seem like a good idea?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tank mage hoping for one-hit-crits, I presume? I'm not sure how feasible that is since my only Mage was a hastily-cobbled one I made for a game that died early.

At least it's new.

I'm not sure if Praef is accepting more characters, though.
>Yes?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I talked to Soly via chatzilla. I will be letting him in as we didn't reach 10 characters yet.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lore time, as differently of Crystaloids, this shopkeeper didn't explain shite about their race.

Dullahans are actually a race of their own, based on morphless/shapeless creatures that do use armors as a solid body. Before interaction with humans, they used to create their own armors with the resources they had, but after interacting with humans they began to buy instead of building their own and simply changing it if needed.  They have an obsession with weapons and armors(And making them as fancy as possible), that being their object of trade instead of gold, which did make them a potential threat too as that meant they were always well-armed. Like Crystaloids, a large amount was sealed, but the few that weren't found couldn't do much on their own with the lack of magic flowing under them.

That's what the Dullahan was hinting about, with magic flowing again, the "survivors" are coming out of their hibernation after god knows how many years.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I wonder if that means he would buy those blocks of metal for a good price; seems like a thing he would be interested in. Speaking of, maybe someone who has one should show it to him? >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 308