Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205135 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread/Recruitment is closed!
« Reply #3630 on: February 18, 2017, 11:11:09 pm »

>:I
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread/Recruitment is closed!
« Reply #3631 on: February 19, 2017, 12:57:43 am »

Still have no idea why a Cavalier would need extra 2 MOV. Do you want some extra time to re-think your sheet? Like I said, you are free to change your skills too, it doesn't need to be a cost skill. But if you are sure I will be rolling the stats.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 19, 2017, 08:31:49 am »

@SB: The weird part for me was that it's hard to figure out what you want to do with the build. With 60% def it looks like you want to tank, but the skill selection doesn't agree with that. It's like you're trying to reach for several things, but with the current growth distribution it is likely you'll do none of them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:03:43 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 19, 2017, 01:54:24 pm »

Right now I'm trying to be a tank, yes. I just don't really know how to build one right.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #3634 on: February 19, 2017, 01:59:16 pm »

High defenses and HP, neglect SKL, take something like Guard or Daunt. You can also build Imbue by putting some growth into MAG.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 19, 2017, 03:46:06 pm »

I would say take fortune, focus on defenses but retain a decent SKL to help being useful in combat while still taking hits. And replace pier subcategory with spear to at least use pilums to go for double hits. You should try to ask someone who played a tank before in a game, or give a look on birdie's cavalier, I am almost sure they went with a tanky cavalier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 20, 2017, 09:55:10 am »

Fortune isn't necessary, since a lot of tanks take Guard. It does help not take crits to the face, though. I think a reasonable STR is necessary so you can at least be an ankle-biter if not a top damage-dealer.

The only tank build I've made so far is untested and completely drops SPD in favor of a strong single counter with good SKL and STR, DEF and RES. Lycan was supposed to be an aggressive Knight, so a hybrid tank/damage-dealer. His build is kinda messy but he was lucky, so you can check it if you want.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 20, 2017, 10:16:25 am »

The problem with Guard, though, is you can only use it on people you have a Support with. So that's like only three people you can guarantee to protect from damage, and until you have Supports it's a worthless skill. Meanwhile, Fortune is good to go right out of the gate and allows you to make Luck a dump stat so you can focus points elsewhere. Guard is probably better when you take it as an S-Rank Support skill. :/
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: February 20, 2017, 12:50:55 pm »

I might actually change Guard to make it more useful. Let you guard someone near you without the need of support.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: February 21, 2017, 05:58:22 am »

I might actually change Guard to make it more useful. Let you guard someone near you without the need of support.
YES PLEASE! Let the support be something added as a bonus though rather than it only working if the person is someone you've an existing support with.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: February 22, 2017, 12:44:15 am »

People being reckless yet again. :u And down goes the counter.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: February 22, 2017, 05:18:38 pm »

We weren't that reckless this turn. The constantly-advancing enemies are the biggest hurdle.
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 22, 2017, 05:38:33 pm »

Well, Kat did kinda run off on her own. Now we gotta go save her :P

I'm thinking I'll heal the troubadour, but one of y'all needs to vuln the other downed dude when we get a chance.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 22, 2017, 05:40:06 pm »

I'll need some time to think about what I'm going to do with Lycan. Most of my decision-making is based on staying the hell away from spellcasters while trying to be useful, though.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 308