Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205205 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Her lack of Skill is really affecting her combat prowess at the moment despite the 65% stat progression.
The return of Cursa.
But as long as people are willing to let you burn some party gold, you might be able to get that patched up in the secret shop.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

I would agree with you, but then I checked Yvain's stats. Given how he just joined it wouldn't make sense to completely remake him off the bat but... He can be doubled by all but two enemy types. Three if you include the caravans (maybe). He definitely needs more spit and polish than Kaarina at the moment. Though honestly she isn't that far in front of him. Right now Ociel the Troubadour is slightly better than her due to all of the axe-wielding enemies in the mission and I don't expect the gap to close after a few levels. However a +15 Hit or +10Hit/Eva PS will fix most of Kaarina's problems and she has the Double Axe to compensate with in the meantime, so I don't mind. She should turn out fine in the end.

Also after doing a lot of number-crunching, Vandertz seems to be better in combat than Lycan whenever he can double an enemy. The extra damage definitely makes up for his lower hit-rate. However Lycan's Pilums allows him to double any enemy so he obviously does better against those that Vandertz doesn't have enough speed to double. Mostly the Heros, Snipers and Assassins that are running around. Also Katerina is deadlier than I thought she'd be. The rework was obviously worth it for her, since she's pretty much on par with Aura at the moment in terms of combat power. Kat's extra damage is balanced out by the her lower accuracy, so they're more or less equal at their current levels. Though Aura can automatically hit most enemies if her PS applies so that's something to consider in the future. Only the Snipers and Assassins have a small chance of dodging in that case, though everyone has trouble against them so she gets a pass.

After a couple hours of crunching numbers and theorycrafting I feel like I should roughly rank the characters in terms of combat prowess, but I feel like that would go over like a wet blanket with everyone. Fighting over who is stronger than whom doesn't seem like a great way to play the game.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

rip
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. Yvain is not going to have a fun time on this map. Though all he needs is a single point of Speed and then he'll manage to avoid getting doubled by a significant chunk of enemies. Not all of them though, but it should help with his survivability. And keep in mind that everything I've been saying is dependent on the RNG. Yvain might roll all crits this map and dodge every attack. Or more realisitically avoid getting ganked too much. We'll have to play and see how things unfold. Though if the Secret Shop has Speed boosting items we need to drop some money on Yvain to try and help him out. Is everyone in agreement with this plan of action?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yvain doesnt do drugs
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well he should. It'll really help him out right now.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Crack is whack, fool. I ain't about that life."
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whatever.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, Kaarina should be at 71 Evade once she's on the hill, right? 36 natural plus 15 from the PS and 20 from the hill. Unless I'm forgetting something here?

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye. And secret shop is going to sell stuff like shards besides  rare weapons, so speed boosting items will be there.

Edit: Also I am not sure why choose pier over spears with that speed growth. At least double attacks are guaranteed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:16:49 am by Praefectus Screptum »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent. To both things.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And by hand axe I take it you mean hatchet?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Though I've changed my mind and are using the double axe now. So it doesn't matter anymore. Also my inner munchkin is telling me to get a S-rank with Sena/Aura, get Daunt, and go 'lol evade'. If Kaarina can't hit her target then they won't get to hit her either. Fair is fair.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yvain wants a word with you about marrying off his sister
the word is "no"
Black lives matter.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am still unsure what Tiruin is going to do with that +2 STR on her character. I mean, yeah there is a skill involving adding the character's strength as defense, but her character has an abysmal strength growth.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what to do with Sena, really.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 308