Yes.
- 4 (50%)
No.
- 0 (0%)
Indifferent about it.
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 308

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum OOC thread: COMPLETED!  (Read 205314 times)

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums: The Gates of Rundum (OOC thread)
« Reply #1620 on: March 13, 2014, 01:59:40 pm »

Quite sure Shadow Sword uses Dark Magic. And your character have zero growth on Mag. Also, when everyone gets the final decision on the Shards, let me know. I am probably going to get AFK for now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 13, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »

No SKL yet, no. But since I'm highly suspicious of these shards, I'll pass on any of them we find. Let me know when we have a canon stat booster and maybe I'll be interested :v

I should remind you that Nanoha is our ace against undead. Light magic trumps them, but fire is super effective.

And about shadow sword I might give it a try. I'll post a preview of what I have in mind.
Fire is super effective against monsters (giant spiders, etc), not undead. As far as I know they are two separate categories of foe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 13, 2014, 02:02:41 pm »

Now something unrelated: are shadow swords any good?
protenally, but overspecialize(indoor anti-magic units). By no means a bad final choice, but compared to the other swordman trainee choices(support fighter or glass cannons), the fencer's paths seem very limited for too little extra power.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:05:12 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 13, 2014, 02:06:39 pm »

I didn't mean I wanted shadow sword on this game. It's just an idea I have that could work for another FEF.
Anyways I wouldn't give much credit to magic, they can't use it until final promotion, and I see shadow sword more as a mage killer than a mage user.

My idea of a shadow sword would be:
Big RES growth.
Crushing sword prof, aiming for mage masher/claymore.
And I dunno what else really. Just tank magic errday and abuse their low defense. Prob high STR and SKL to one hit them and decent SPD to not get doubled.

Sirus: I'm pretty sure undead die to fire. Monsters are weak to thunder.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 13, 2014, 02:07:52 pm »

I'm the opposite of Sirus then: I'm going to use every shard you guys let me have, just to see if they have another effect in-game. :P

@Solymr: Could be an interesting build.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: March 13, 2014, 02:15:14 pm »

Mage masher just obliterates mages and claymore is the most damaging 1-2 range non magic sword.
Big RES can be supplemented by PS to help overcome crippling overspecialization.
Something like an all-terrain fencer  :P

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: March 13, 2014, 02:54:59 pm »

I'd considered going fencer in NoH (largely because I'm a fencer) but I ended up deciding against it because of how low powered and situational they seem to be. Their skills are solely indoor and they just seem very... boring isn't the right word but it's the closest thing I can think of right now.

As for crossbows vs recurve, it's true that crossbows are nice but they're also super heavy, so I'd be losing megaspeed if I were to use them which is why I leaned towards the recurve plus there's the Flare Bow which uses magic which could be super fun when I hit Valkyrie. I dunno, anyone else have thoughts?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: March 13, 2014, 03:05:11 pm »

Recurve is right if you're going to use Flarr Bow cause it requirea A.
You should remember that proficiency is crossbows reduces their weight penalty.
And btw we need you over in the other other FEF.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: March 13, 2014, 03:08:58 pm »

You're a fencer, Swordstar? Nice. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: March 13, 2014, 03:12:49 pm »

(largely because I'm a fencer)
*look at Swordstar's avatar* you know, I was thinking that was a knight forward facing who was duel-wielding swords. Didn't think it was a face-guard on a table(?).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: March 13, 2014, 03:20:58 pm »

Haha, yeah it's a mask with two sabers. Even though I use epees. >_> MINOR DETAILS THE INTERNET DID THE BEST IT COULD!

But yeah. Been fencing for a good chunk of my life now, is fun.

As for crossbows, I know that being proficient in them lowers the weight penalty but... *shrug* I dunno. I have a STR growth for a reason and while it might not be a great one, I'd still like to be able to use something like the Flare Bow and average weight of a crossbow is around 13 or so, and I'll have a max con of 7... I dunno. *shrug* She's also not intended to be a super powerful fighter. More like someone who heals and can attack if needed.

Also, did not realize my levels had been rolled, yes please I am quite happy with those. I mean... some of them are really weird but sitting at 12 res and 6 def with 23 HP, I'm quite happy for now.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: March 13, 2014, 03:23:02 pm »

Praef is working on balancing to make things more interesting. Some changes will probably be applied when we get to be promoted.

The RNG's favor is fickle and strange.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: March 13, 2014, 03:28:23 pm »

Well I was just amused at the HP, LCK, SPD level I got. Because HP is expected but LCK is like... 15%. So yeah. Amused.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: March 13, 2014, 03:31:45 pm »

I just noticed everyone forgot about my daunt.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
I need to put something interesting here.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 308