Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: CHRISTMAS PARTY  (Read 34684 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: CHRISTMAS PARTY
« Reply #195 on: February 19, 2014, 11:58:46 pm »

Thats also why i have a bunch of laser rifle batteries despite the fact my rifle runs off of generators.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:28 am »

Try to determine its age by any rips or tears on the paper, any aging or similar hints.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:37 am »

Is katana anomalous in any way to the naked eye?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 20, 2014, 06:57:41 am »

Willing to part with a token or two for it? Cause I definitely don't want a shotgun either :P

I can go me you my last token. Or the rocket bike as I have a APC now. Which one do yo want?

@Tavik
Huh, idiots lists you at 2 tokens. Well, actually '2 token', though that appears to be the PW plural of token.

The rocket bike is tempting, though somehow I get the feeling that using it would be the human equivalent of the scout's eye....

You know what, I'll go for the bike. I assume it must be marked 'DNS', or you'd have churned it for tokens?

DNS?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 20, 2014, 07:12:29 am »

Willing to part with a token or two for it? Cause I definitely don't want a shotgun either :P

I can go me you my last token. Or the rocket bike as I have a APC now. Which one do yo want?

@Tavik
Huh, idiots lists you at 2 tokens. Well, actually '2 token', though that appears to be the PW plural of token.

The rocket bike is tempting, though somehow I get the feeling that using it would be the human equivalent of the scout's eye....

You know what, I'll go for the bike. I assume it must be marked 'DNS', or you'd have churned it for tokens?

DNS?
"Do not sell", probably, though the actual marking is "Not For Resale" - all equipment from the planetoid mission is marked with that.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2014, 07:49:33 am »

@Tavik

DNS?
"Do not sell", probably, though the actual marking is "Not For Resale" - all equipment from the planetoid mission is marked with that.

Oh yeah. Forgot that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2014, 08:43:50 am »

As opposed to our suits, which are marked DNR.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2014, 09:55:21 am »

Do Not Repair?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2014, 11:04:20 am »

...Can you not see the abbr tag?  Huh.  But no, Do Not Resuscitate.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2014, 11:19:52 am »

I don't expect it in normal conversation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2014, 11:58:59 am »

"Excuse me, Armory Master, but what is the power of this device?"

Ask the AM what the yield is.

"Dunno. Just clearing things out of the back room. It was sitting around in a corner. I'd guess it's sub megaton."

((Back now, RL problems))

You get a human skull that has been scrimshawed with countless names.

Drive the thingy I got around and annoy people with it
Might be hard to annoy them unless you put an air horn on it or something. Or an airhorn with a vuvuzela duct taped to it.

96! It's the largest number under 100 divisible by both two and three!

You get a box of extremely cheap looking wine.

Huh... okay. Could have been worse... But I'd better get rid of this before I blow my face off.

Hey, anyone want a bazooka?

Confirm that it is just a standard bazooka with nothing particularly special about it. Then break the 4th wall and figure out if it uses conventional.

It is a normal bazooka.

And yes, it uses con.

I'll take some sort of weapon with decent range, with a bit of ammo. I won't instantly die come the invasion then. Hooray!
I can offer you one thing that really fits that: a gauss pistol with 20-ish rounds. Because I just realized we won't get any more turns before timeskip, and once mission start Miya will need to save his mindpoints for the battle. That good? If not, I could build you a flamethrower using namite, but you'll have to wait till after next mission for that.
The namite thrower would be nice, but I need a weapon for the battle. I'll take that Gauss pistol.
Sure.

PW, could you please give Miya's gauss pistol (and ammo) to smurf (lerman) and give his question coupon to me? Thanks.

Oh, and can I use that coupon at a later date, or does it have to be now?

Probably because of Miyamoto. A player in an AoW uses a special flamethrower to torch an entire floor of a building, that's pretty visible and impressive. I might actually make that thing a common stock in the armory.
Yeah, I've been advertising the hell out of that thing. Probably the best thing to come out of tinker yet, simple but with proven effectiveness.
I'm glad people like the namite thrower. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
I see what you did there.

I'll change that in a bit.

Also, you can save it.

I am technically current player again! I choose 98!

You can tell I'm a current player again because I recorded everything.
Spoiler: THE LIST (click to show/hide)

You get a single d20.

Try to determine its age by any rips or tears on the paper, any aging or similar hints.
Well, the cover itself says "Issue 725 March 3455"

Is katana anomalous in any way to the naked eye?

Well, it seems very high quality, but not magical or alien or anything.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:25 pm »

((There are low-quality katana? I always thought they were all made with the best swordsmithing techniques available*, because otherwise the smith wouldn't make a katana.
*Which, admittedly, were pretty poor. But hey, better than a cheap wakizashi.))
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2014, 12:57:53 pm »

((There are low-quality katana? I always thought they were all made with the best swordsmithing techniques available*, because otherwise the smith wouldn't make a katana.
*Which, admittedly, were pretty poor. But hey, better than a cheap wakizashi.))

During WWII, katana were mass-produced for the Japanese soldiers. Research this if you wanna know more about cheap katana, though even today there are quite a few knock-offs that couldn't cut through butter.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:03 pm »

((A "katana", in general, like any other word for "sword" simply defines the shape of the weapon. It's entirely possible to have a cheaply forged iron katana, but it wouldn't work well or last long. Traditional, "high-quality" katanas are made of layers of different steels, and its curve is the result of differential hardening rather than merely shaping the blade.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:17 pm »

Ah, that's what was printed on them XD Whatever. But yeah, I'll totally trade a weapon I am as likely to blow myself up with as anything the enemy has for the rocket bike, Tavik. Post an action for PW to confirm.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16