Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Age of Maidan RtD: Turn 6: STUFF!  (Read 5447 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Maidan RtD: Turn 3 Everybody is fighting! Over there...
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2014, 03:40:16 pm »

Look around for materials necesarry to make C4.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Maidan RtD: Turn 2 Building Building Building
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2014, 04:09:55 pm »

Turn 4:
Victory!

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

LordSlowSpoke
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

CONSTRUCT QUALITY ALCHEMICAL TOOLS FOR CREATION OF ACIDS AND OTHER SHENANIGANS, FIND THINGS USABLE FOR QUALITY ENGINEERING

[3 + 1] : You find some old trashcans and beat them into a primitive oven, a still and other crude chemical instruments.

darkpaladin109:

[/quote]
Look around for materials necesarry to make C4.

[1] (Critical Failure!) You look around for some nitric acid and formaldehyde, but no luck. Since the protests ground don't seem to have any, you venture outside, where a couple of policemen quickly spot your case of molotov cocktails and start chasing you!

IcyTea31

Grab a cobblestone for a weapon, perform support song unless the former is a major action.

You grab a cobblestone and somehow still manage to play the guitar.

Dutchling

Send the large pile of rocks in SMALL AIRBORNE DIVISIONS towards the conscripts or conscript-equivalents

[1+1] You're good at throwing rocks, but apparently not at aiming them. Well, at least no one was hurt.

Battle!
45 conscripts charge against 50 protesters. [1] vs [4+1+1+1] (Large Victory) The conscripts charge again, but in the meantime protesters have grabbed molotovs and cobblestone and managed to push them back without much effort. After a while, the officers seems to understand the situation is hopeless and the Internal Army retreat amongst the cheers of the protesters.

Okay, would you guys prefer if I was a bit more railroady (Giving you quests, that kind of stuff) or are you happy with the freeform stuff?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Maidan RtD: Turn 4: Victory!
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 04:12:20 pm »

I'm fine with railroading where you think it's necessary.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:50 pm »

Throw my molotov cocktails on the police officers.
I'm fine with railroading where it's necesarry.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2014, 04:38:27 pm »

focus on INNER RAGE in an attempt to actually hit some LAW AND ORDER ASSOCIATIVE for once

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2014, 12:33:13 am »

HEAD TO POINTS 10, THEN 33, BRIEFLY INSPECT AREAS (AS IN, WHAT THE SITUATION IS LIKE) THEN BEGIN CONSTRUCTION OF A HUGE BULLDOZER-LIKE RAM THAT SPANS THE ENTIRETY OF THE BARRICADE BEHIND THE BARRICADE ITSELF

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2014, 01:12:57 am »

I'm fine with railroading, as long as there is some down time for hilarity.

Put stone in pocket. Assess situation. Write more songs. By the way, does playing badly hurl tomatoes at me, or are they just summoned in a crate so that I can throw them?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:06 am »

Depend on the roll.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2014, 05:24:11 am »

Turn 5:
The Much Awaited Sequel to Turn 4

Breaking News: Protesters agree to evacuate City Hall in exchange for amnesty law.

The news break out from the main stage. While some protesters are happy to see their friends free from charge, others feels let down by negotiators that so readily gave up one of the revolution's HQ. A large group of fearsome-looking protesters, probably from the ultranationalist Right Sector seems to congregate near the House of Trade Unions to listen to their leader Dmytro Yarosh. You can't hear from where you stand, but he seems like, really upset.

LordSlowSpoke

HEAD TO POINTS 10, THEN 33, BRIEFLY INSPECT AREAS (AS IN, WHAT THE SITUATION IS LIKE) THEN BEGIN CONSTRUCTION OF A HUGE BULLDOZER-LIKE RAM THAT SPANS THE ENTIRETY OF THE BARRICADE BEHIND THE BARRICADE ITSELF

All barricades seems strong and well-maintained, especially the double one at 10. All over the place, protesters from around City Hall and the street that were given up are reinforcing other barricades.

You can tell they're Nazis because they look so cool

[4+1] You build a moveable barricade that can be fitted on a bulldozer. [2] However, the guys driving the famous Bulldozer of Bunkova Street does not seem to be interested in your work, and protest ground aren't exactly known for the abundance of bulldozer dealership.

darkpaladin109:

Throw my molotov cocktails on the police officers.

[2][3] You throw your molotovs at the police, but you fail to hit them and just slow them a bit while they run around the flames. As they close on you, a smelly barechested figure rush by and knock out the closest of the two policemen. You again try to launch a molotov at the remaining policeman [2] but again fail.

Achievement! Stormtrooper: fails three ranged attacks in a row.

IcyTea31

Put stone in pocket. Assess situation. Write more songs.

[1] No matter how you try, the cobblestone is too large for your pocket. You just managed to tear your pocket. Large groups seems to be moving toward the House of Trade Union where the speaker is talking himself into a frenzy. Look like something will soon happen there.

Dutchling

focus on INNER RAGE in an attempt to actually hit some LAW AND ORDER ASSOCIATIVE for once

You hear the sound of LAW AND ORDER ASSOCIATIVE attempting to arrest A GLORIOUS FREEDOM FIGHTER. You rush in the direction of the shouts and see two policemen trying to arrest someone that is fighting back with molotovs. [4+1] vs. [2] You let your inner Protourk take over and rush at the closest of the two policemen, hitting with head, fists and feets. The shock send him to the ground, stunned. As more molotovs fall around, you get up and leap at your other enemy. [6+1] vs. [5] despite a valiant attempt, the policeman simply cannot stand your protourkness and flee.

Dutchling gains 5XP!

Before you ask, XPs are totally worthless, at least for now.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Maidan RtD: Turn 5: The Much Awaited Sequel to Turn 4
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2014, 05:39:43 am »

Aw yiss, experience.

take a DEEP BREATH and get REAL HIGH, then scream from the top of my lungs: "WHAT'S GOIN' ON?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2014, 08:16:39 am »

Drop the stone. Go listen to the speech at the House of Trade Unions. Should the speech be about heroes, stand in a noble position, preferably so that the sun is behind me so as to make a halo.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2014, 09:00:37 am »

GO TO SPEECH. LISTEN TO SPEECH. TRY TO FIND SKILLED INDIVIDUALS THAT CAN JOIN ME IN MY PURSUIT OF ENGINEERING SHENANIGANS AND LIBERATION OF KIEV. DO NOT TELL SKILLED INDIVIDUALS THAT THE FORMER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LATTER.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2014, 09:43:17 am »

Try finding some more materials for my C4.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:34 am »

Turn 6:
STUFF!

LordSlowSpoke

GO TO SPEECH. LISTEN TO SPEECH. TRY TO FIND SKILLED INDIVIDUALS THAT CAN JOIN ME IN MY PURSUIT OF ENGINEERING SHENANIGANS AND LIBERATION OF KIEV. DO NOT TELL SKILLED INDIVIDUALS THAT THE FORMER IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LATTER.

[2] You go and listen to the speech, where a rabid speaker talks about the opposition betraying the revolution and calling for an attack on the Presidential palace.1 You go around the crowd looking for a skilled engineer, but the best you can find is some not-too-bright kid willing to become your apprentice. LordSlowSpoke gain one Idiot Minion

As you ponder how to name your minion, you hear a voice ahead of you: "Don't be too hopeful kid, they have real troops over there. Charging in would be suicide. What we'd need is a group of people mad enough to infiltrate the place, but any crazy ass that attempt this would risk crucifiction"2.

darkpaladin109

Try finding some more materials for my C4.

[2] You continue looking around for likely chemicals, but it seems no one had the good sense to leave a crate of nitric acid and formaldehyde on the sidewalks. Maybe this is not the best way to find your stuff.

IcyTea31

Drop the stone. Go listen to the speech at the House of Trade Unions. Should the speech be about heroes, stand in a noble position, preferably so that the sun is behind me so as to make a halo.

You let go of the stone, trusting in your music to protect you. As you approach the House of Trade Unions, you hear the speaker call for an attack on the presidential palace. You try to look heroic in the sadly cloudy weather when you hear a voice behind you say "Don't be too hopeful kid, they have real troops over there. Charging in would be suicide. What we'd need is a group of people mad enough to infiltrate the place, but any crazy ass that attempt this would risk crucifiction"2.

Dutchling

take a DEEP BREATH and get REAL HIGH, then scream from the top of my lungs: "WHAT'S GOIN' ON?"

You hallucinate a red button called "click me".

You know you want to...

1 While I link to real stuff I use for inspiration, this game is by and large unresearched fiction. Treat it as such.
2 May or may not be a plot hook.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Age of Maidan RtD: Turn 6: STUFF!
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 10:30:38 am »

welp gotta make best of what i've got

USE IDIOT MINION TO ASSEMBLE OTHER IDIOTS WHILE I ACQUIRE LUDICROUS AMOUNTS OF THINGS THAT ARE PIPES AND FUEL FOR WELDING.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5