Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 198197 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #915 on: February 23, 2014, 03:51:47 pm »

Domeocracy was so close to going all out on the release button last night, though.. I'm scared, Jim, I don't trust anarchy or democracy with the pc.. ;_;
You could support both sides and convert to the Amber's side, but I doubt they trust the pc either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 23, 2014, 03:53:52 pm »

XCabbage, Digrat and Dux... All lost forever!
I never asked for this! I wanted a nice calm, controlled extraction! It didn't have to be this way! Our hope is lost, there is no escape, and our might had waned...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: February 23, 2014, 03:57:52 pm »

Domeocracy was so close to going all out on the release button last night, though.. I'm scared, Jim, I don't trust anarchy or democracy with the pc.. ;_;
You could support both sides and convert to the Amber's side, but I doubt they trust the pc either.
That I don't.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: February 23, 2014, 08:39:14 pm »

I cannot believe I leave for a weekend and come back to this. At least Australia did something properly for once and caught Zapdos.
I think every single release happened under anarchy, democracy has made some stupid deposits though.
No full releases under democracy, but during Bloody Sunday I saw them come within two votes of releasing Drowzee. It was a tense moment.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: February 23, 2014, 08:47:57 pm »

Sweet Bird Jesus. We've taken heavy casualties. Every time i go to sleep bad things happen. I could've stayed up this afternoon, WHY DID I SLEEP?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: February 23, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »

BTW a second Destiny raid was attempted while B12 was down. They managed to get us in democracy and to the PC, but he called it off in disgust due to the massive amounts of lag produced by everybody spamming b.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:59:02 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: February 23, 2014, 08:56:03 pm »

That dude is trolling like a pro.  Which if he gets money from his stream, I guess he is.
This comment sums it up nicely.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 23, 2014, 09:01:35 pm »

Another battle won by the superior forces of TPP. For the Helix, follow Bird Jesus and all that.

If nothing else he is making it more interesting, even if he's really just doing it to be a Jerky Mcjerkface. Politics, war, religion: Twitch plays Pokemon.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 23, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »

Spoiler: T_T (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: February 23, 2014, 09:21:29 pm »

Spoiler: T_T (click to show/hide)
They aren't part of the religiopolitical arguments anymore. They can do that. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: February 23, 2014, 09:32:57 pm »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: February 23, 2014, 09:36:42 pm »

Right now they're trying to go to the daycare centre.  It's not a bad idea - it allows them to remove a pokemon from their party without having to brave the "deposit" option on the PC.

e: they actually made it into the building, it's a miracle.

e2: PIDGEOT DEPOSITED
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:41:45 pm by Leafsnail »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 23, 2014, 09:42:04 pm »

And the first thing they do is accidentally hand over Bird Jesus
It's FEF, not FEOF

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #928 on: February 23, 2014, 09:43:06 pm »

As a non-Pokemon player, if it means anything, this was a fun novelty to watch for the first few days, but watching how it's been developing over the past few days and such, I think this represents a good deal of how society is (at least, from my perspective), and why I stay out of... well, damn near everything related to it (society, and otherwise; also another reason I stay out of social networking).

I don't mind certain levels of irrationality if it means harmless fun (like a child acting silly for the sake of being silly), but when it reaches levels of "serious business" like this (to the point it makes me look sane and rational (which is far away from my actual personality, in all honesty), if anybody actually became serious about most the stuff that's developed, religiously, politically, memetically, and so forth), it reminds me why I feel somewhat vindicated for isolating myself away from society, and being a shut-in. It's fun to watch in doses, but to be fully committed is just a waste of time that I find more valuable doing something that makes me happy, and helps maintain said happiness.

In a sense, I'll admit my honesty that people scare me, but this is a whole different level of scary. The fact that I'm related to this by-species, makes me wish I can disavow my humanity, because this is what it has (d)evolved into. I want nothing of the latest examples of what humanity is, because if anything, I don't think it resembles anything human anymore.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it. Then again, my TPP dosage is way down to near sobriety. I still stick my head in once in awhile to see the progress, and no more. I'm done with the memes and such already. Fun while it lasted, but now it's annoying like commercials and TV shows that adopted old memes.

EDIT:
In a sense, this is also why I stay out of religious debates and politics in general, even to the point of being a voluntary non-voter. Look at things from a sufficient distance, and see the big picture, and you'll see that it's pointless to do anything about it. Like seeing our galaxy slowly creeping towards a super-massive black hole, so large (bigger than a galaxy), it's unnoticable, or facing the entity of Inevitability itself; a creature more frightening than Death itself (and maybe more of a dick than either Fate or Destiny (unrelated to TPP stream)), because It's always an end result regardless what you do.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:56:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 23, 2014, 09:57:53 pm »

Ghastly has been deposited, I guess we can now withdraw Zapdos.  Maybe.

Maybe I'm over-thinking it.
You are.  A lot of people are perhaps getting a bit too invested in the stream but to turn that into a reason to hate the human race is rather extreme.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 180