Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 198043 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2014, 03:41:09 am »

The main Twitch.tv stream just got past the ledges of Route 9 for the second time.

Then they had one of the Rattatas use Dig in the Rock Tunnel. In Gen I, Dig sends you back to the last Pokemon Center you went to.

EDIT: Oh wait, they're back in the cave somehow. Might've been admin intervention.
Chat's dug out four times, there's a center outside the cave.

Oh, there is? I thought they had gotten sent back to the last city again for a third go-around of the ledges.
God help us if that ever happens.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2014, 10:46:12 am »

Also, from the chat of RNG, they announced that if it ever reaches the Safari Zone, they will manually beat it. However, first it needs to leave Bill's House.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2014, 10:46:38 am »

This is just insane...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:24 am »

You know, now that I think about it, this makes a pretty apt metaphor for human history
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2014, 11:10:23 am »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2014, 11:11:21 am »

rngplayspokemon right now:
Welcome to Bill's Wild Route.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2014, 11:54:14 am »

It crashed.

Also, the pokemon that twitch has are overleveled, or atleast, Pidgeotto is. So it is possible for them to brute force things.

Also it was almost at 40k. The crash caused a few thousand to abscond, but it's back up with around 36k. It will eventually reach a singularity of unimaginable proportions.

Edit: It bothers me how competent they are at pokemon battles.

EDIT2: THEY MADE IT THROUGH THE ROCK TUNNEL. NOW THEY MUCH REACH THE CENTER.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:40:00 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

why have i been watching this for 5 hours?
... i could have worked on the list of magic spells for my forum game instead, but noooo .... that will update tomorrow.

i wish i was there at the beginning.
What other streams use this setup for games? there should be some...
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2014, 01:02:40 pm »

They have reached the center. The times of tribulation are over (for now).

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2014, 01:09:50 pm »

It took them an hour to realize the next step required to have non normal moves, so either they level hypno or fight ghosts with... ?struggle?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2014, 01:17:18 pm »

Oh wow, they actually managed to deposit the Digging Rattata without releasing anyone.

Drowzee learns Confusion at level 17, which is super-effective on the Gen I ghosts. And thankfully, Drowzee only has three moves ATM, so there's no risk of them skipping Confusion like they did with Wing Attack. Of course, there's still only a 1-in-4 chance of them using it...

They could also use one of the two Elemental Rattatas, who between them have Thunderbolt, Bubblebeam, and Dig, all of which hit ghosts (in gen I, no Levitate yet). Sadly, reclaiming the Dig rat would be dangerous, and Jay Leno only has Bubblebeam.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2014, 01:20:26 pm »

Even better, Drowzee is immune to all ghost type attacks. Learning confusion makes it extremely effective against all ghost types.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2014, 01:25:05 pm »

Twitch chat strategem is the best strategem. There is a hiveminded oneness to it, even with the trolling.

Jay Leno only has Bubblebeam.

When I first saw the pokemon names I literally could not stop laughing.

My sides, they've ascended into the heavens. ;_;
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:27:14 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2014, 01:31:57 pm »

I fully expect them to learn confusion on drowzee, only to replace it with TM 30 - Teleport.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2014, 01:37:42 pm »

amazing, a pokemon tried to evolve and twitch chat broke allowing it to go through
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 180