Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 198071 times)

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2014, 08:05:59 pm »

Omg I can't believe they got a "jss" in the name of Bird Jesus.  I would love to see some analysis of why/how this game differs from RNG Pokemon.

edit - hang on, was that always the name and I missed it?  I'm pretty confused about the progress of this game, heh.
Name Rater edit. it was originally the normal PIDGEOT.

Thanks, I thought so.  What's up with the command-entry speed, it seems slower now..?  Like, it's waiting at some points?
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 20, 2014, 08:07:14 pm »

Have you noticed the giant bar at the top of the input? It lights up which side is superior awesome better active.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2014, 08:11:14 pm »

Have you noticed the giant bar at the top of the input? It lights up which side is superior awesome better active.

Hehe, yes, I mean Anarchy inputs seem to be being processed slower than before.  The chat is still going nuts but the stream command list seems pedestrian in comparison.

edit - ah there seems to be some anti-spam stuff in now, 30s cooldown on repeated commands

hehe, buying a great ball was pretty exciting.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:19:56 pm by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2014, 08:26:47 pm »

We should have an anarchy/democracy poll.

Remember: without anarchy, we wouldn't have Bird Jesus, released Pokemon, or all the weird religious stuff.
They all think anarchy is so great until things get tough, and then come crawling back for some reason and order. You want to go back to the maze? Be my guest...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2014, 08:35:16 pm »

Remember: without anarchy, we wouldn't have Bird Jesus, released Pokemon, or all the weird religious stuff.
They all think anarchy is so great until things get tough, and then come crawling back for some reason and order. You want to go back to the maze? Be my guest...
I'm 100% pro-anarchy. I really wish that democracy hadn't been turned on. We would've gotten through eventually, but now this whole run is invalid.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:00 pm »

We would've gotten through eventually
Holy crap, he is delusional!
Look, the only way to ever get through would be for it to go on for several months until literally nobody cared except one person, and by that point you might as well watch a lets play.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:48 pm »

We would've gotten through eventually
Holy crap, he is delusional!
Look, the only way to ever get through would be for it to go on for several months until literally nobody cared except one person, and by that point you might as well watch a lets play.
That's what people said about the ledge.

We got past the ledge.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2014, 08:41:02 pm »

Red used Great Ball on Snorlax.
Red missed.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2014, 08:42:36 pm »

Oh yes, sure. It would've happened, the RNGs have made it surprisingly far too. But it would've lost enough people to effectively turn into democracy mode, only without the name. As has been said before elsewhere, go make your own pure stream if you claim its invalid.

Red used Great Ball on Snorlax.
Red missed.
Great Ball is overrated. Though not quite as much as it is in current gen, since the premier ball bonus doesn't exist yet back then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 20, 2014, 08:45:26 pm »

Aaand they ran.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2014, 08:50:37 pm »

I'm 100% pro-anarchy. I really wish that democracy hadn't been turned on. We would've gotten through eventually, but now this whole run is invalid.

Why would it be invalid? The creators only goal was to see what happened at the beginning. That morphing into a desire for them to beat the game is all that is needed for the change.

All of the people arguing pro-anarchy only seem to forget that this was created without all the chaos of the current form in existence.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2014, 09:01:22 pm »

Dat STAB quick attack from the overlevelled Pigeot is pretty scary.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2014, 09:25:55 pm »

Just took a peek at this. It's like watching a plane crash but instead lands perfectly, somehow.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2014, 09:29:04 pm »

Just took a peek at this. It's like watching a plane crash but instead lands perfectly, somehow.
Its more like a plane trying to land on water. It skips over it constantly, but at just the right angle, it lands.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 20, 2014, 09:33:31 pm »

On another forum, they think this will stop dead in the safari zone.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 180