Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 180

Author Topic: Twitch plays pokemon!  (Read 198006 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays pokemon!
« Reply #435 on: February 19, 2014, 07:16:15 pm »

The last PC access was surprisingly successful. Cabbage withdrawn, and all the items were taken out.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:17 pm »

PLAN PSYCHIC HAS SUCCEEDED. ONWARDS TO THE TOWER
It's FEF, not FEOF

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 19, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »

We used the Psychic TM. On the right target. And replaced a less-useful move.

This is a miracle. The Helix has blessed us for retrieving Him!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 19, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »

On an unrelated note, a redditor has pointed out that as this is the 151 romhack according to the FAQ, that means we could actually head back and get the other hitmon. Or even go find Mew somewhere.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 19, 2014, 08:13:14 pm »

WE CAUGHT A GASTLY
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:16:01 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 19, 2014, 08:14:49 pm »

WE CAUGHT A GHASTLY
HAVEN'T USED PSYCHIC YET THO.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 19, 2014, 08:57:21 pm »

The more of this type of stuff I see, the more I feel sad for the eevee...

Spoiler: Large Image (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 19, 2014, 10:16:57 pm »

Twitch programmers respond to TPP. They're both entertained and consider the event an awesome yet practical mega-stress test upon yonder chat servers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 19, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »

I wonder if the result would be different if things were more competitive... For example, instead of just one game going, you split the screen into four with each running a game, and each user is randomly assigned to one of the four games. Would peoples competitive nature chance their decision making?

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 19, 2014, 10:59:53 pm »

Quote from: Twitch Programmers
We’re always working on improving the QoS of our chat system, and this has been a wonderful learning experience for us.

Somehow I suspect that's manager-speak for "We've been blindsided and are still in full panic mode." Not surprising, though. This caught everyone by surprise.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 19, 2014, 11:00:43 pm »

I wonder if the result would be different if things were more competitive... For example, instead of just one game going, you split the screen into four with each running a game, and each user is randomly assigned to one of the four games. Would peoples competitive nature chance their decision making?

Maybe I am just too chaotic, but I kinda want to see that concept without people being assigned. As in, the inputs get thrown in sequence (screen1 takes the first input, screen2 takes the second input, screen3 takes the third, screen4 takes the fourth, screen1 takes the fifth, etc) and then see how things progress as people are trying to influence one, and end up influencing another.

. . .
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 19, 2014, 11:04:11 pm »

Maybe I am just too chaotic, but I kinda want to see that concept without people being assigned. As in, the inputs get thrown in sequence (screen1 takes the first input, screen2 takes the second input, screen3 takes the third, screen4 takes the fourth, screen1 takes the fifth, etc) and then see how things progress as people are trying to influence one, and end up influencing another.

. . .
I can make a guess... One character will by chance happen to get ahead, become the favorite, people will focus on that characters progression and ignore the other three. One will continue to actually get somewhere while the others will be forever stuck before the first gym.
People like to align themselves with the winner, so while a few might try to pick another character and help them out, their small efforts will be futile.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 19, 2014, 11:05:22 pm »

There is a stream with Red and Blue both being played simultaneously and using the same chat to draw commands from. The idea on that one is that US viewers want the Red game to finish faster, while European viewers are supporting Blue version. I don't quite rmemeber the name though

Also there's another mystery dungeon stream
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:08:05 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:59 pm »

Does it have food disabled?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 19, 2014, 11:29:03 pm »

Quote from: Twitch Programmers
We’re always working on improving the QoS of our chat system, and this has been a wonderful learning experience for us.

Somehow I suspect that's manager-speak for "We've been blindsided and are still in full panic mode." Not surprising, though. This caught everyone by surprise.
Also, "We're really unhappy this drew attention to our new architecture and its forced chat delay." Nowhere on Twitch is it more obvious that chat and stream are out of sync.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 180