Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland - GAME OVER - Long Live the East Hexian Empire!  (Read 18501 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland - Turn-based Colonisation Game- 4 alive - Year 2 - Summer
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2014, 05:19:32 am »

Remember, a1s you can't conquer until Fall. If you don't amend your action before the others post theirs, I'll be forced to ignore ten of your actions.
That changes everything. Turn coming shortly.
On second thought it doesn't- I can't afford not to do this. I don't know why the Irony chose to expand instead of getting 8 more population,  but even with his reduced strength, I'm not sure I would be able to defeat him if he survives until next year.
So: IronyOwl- I can't attack you, but know that the Human-Swine war is declared.
kaian-a-coel: Keep a copy of your surrender handy.
expand: 102(+1),103,104,96,85,86(+2),87(+2),88(+2),74(+2),60(+2),46(+2),33,98,104,105
That should be 28 actions, if it's not- they are in order of importance (from most to least)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:31:33 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland - Turn-based Colonisation Game- 4 alive - Year 2 - Summer
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2014, 06:28:11 am »

OK, as there's been quite a big territory change, I've got a provisional map. a1s's turn is over, and here's how it stands:

Spoiler: Map after a1s' turn (click to show/hide)

kaian-a-coel, you're up!

(Also, I've done the maths, and this game isn't a foregone conclusion just yet. It depends how smart everyone is with the raiding and fortifying.)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:00:40 am by notquitethere »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2014, 09:41:16 am »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Lidku isn't going to win. Or place.

a1s has a big advantage right now: Nearly as much population as the other major players combined, and half the controlled map. Maybe if the other three players teamed up against him, but...

-humans go last.
I'd suggest having turn order be determined by population: The lowest-population guy goes first, followed by the second-lowest, up until the highest goes last. Same effect, but more general. And nicer to noobs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2014, 09:54:17 am »

-humans go last.
I'd suggest having turn order be determined by population: The lowest-population guy goes first, followed by the second-lowest, up until the highest goes last. Same effect, but more general. And nicer to noobs.
This is in fact what I'm going to do, with the initial turn order decided by species/heresy. Humans will always go last on the first turn because they'll have the highest population, but later in the game they'll go first against people who draw with them in population.

a1s has a big advantage right now: Nearly as much population as the other major players combined, and half the controlled map. Maybe if the other three players teamed up against him, but...
Well, if everyone else raided him and guarded their own, he could be reduced down to maybe 11, at the beginning of Fall, which wouldn't be enough to conquer either IronyOwl or kaian outright... but then, he'd harvest and get at least 19 more pop, which would have to be raided or conquered down some more. There could be a lot of back-and-forth, and he would suffer a lot of population fighting two fronts at once. I wouldn't call it just yet!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:04:06 am by notquitethere »

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2014, 10:26:27 am »

Yeah damn, so much for merciless monkeys dominating the world. CURSE YOU REAL LIFE JOB!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2014, 10:32:09 am »

Well, you're still in the game for now, Lidku. As the others can't affect you this turn, feel free to submit your Summer actions (basically, you can fortify, or improve 30).

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:16 am »

Improve 30 I neez more population!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2014, 10:44:30 am »

You've got two actions, are you going to improve 30 twice by building a city on it, or leave it as a field for harvesting later? If so, do you want to use your second action to fortify somewhere?

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2014, 10:50:28 am »

Field up 30
Fortify 30!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »

Yeah, no, I'm going to peace out. Even if we did our best to battle the humans I'd still be in my corner when spring comes, and a1s has plenty of room to grow, not me.
Plus there's a second game waiting to happen anyway.

Expand 17, 27, 77, fortify 17 and 27, improve 5, 6, 13.

GG WP. I'll engage Legalese mode next turn for RP purposes.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2014, 03:05:40 pm »

((If al conquers me, is there any way to start a civil war? I'd suspect the Monkeys would rise up against their human masters? Might have to use Guerrila war tactics.))
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:07:28 pm by Lidku »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2014, 04:04:48 pm »

((If al conquers me, is there any way to start a civil war? I'd suspect the Monkeys would rise up against their human masters? Might have to use Guerrila war tactics.))
We have no interest in your backwoods city, and will allow you to keep it, in exchange for halting expansion, and adopting pro-trade (and pro-human) policies (OOC that just means you don't expand.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2014, 04:17:17 pm »

We will accept your terms distant brethen. As long as you don't let the others attack our borders. We'll also gladly aid you in any conflicts, teaching you guerrila warfare against more pitiful foes. (( Basicaly like the French and Indian War))

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2014, 04:40:52 pm »

I don't suppose I can willingly transfer a hex to another player?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2014, 05:11:23 pm »

The Xiud Collective formally propose a treaty to the East Hexian Company, to guarantee peace between their nations. Terms are negotiable, notably Article Second, Paragraph Four.

:P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11