Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland - GAME OVER - Long Live the East Hexian Empire!  (Read 18458 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland - Turn-based Colonisation Game- 4 alive - Year 2 - Summer
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2014, 05:22:34 pm »

a1s
I don't suppose I can willingly transfer a hex to another player?
Nope.

Kaian
I like your attempts at diplomacy  :D

Just waiting on IronyOwl now.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Heretics of Hexland - Turn-based Colonisation Game- 4 alive - Year 2 - Summer
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2014, 05:32:17 pm »

I don't suppose I can willingly transfer a hex to another player?

Would have been a smart choice though, since Monkeys can raid fortified areas

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2014, 05:51:27 pm »

The terms are mostly agreeable however East Hexian Company desires 3 things:
1. Explicit recognition of all territory East of the mountains and the Great River (with the exception of hexes 20 and 30) as East Hexian. Especially as it pertains to Article Three, Paragraph One.
2. Recognition of the lake part of the Great river (hexes 52 and 66) as East Hexian.
3. Extension of the demilitarized zone into the mountains (hexes 26,36, and 37) and a creation of a Trollish Free State in the Northern Mountains (hexes 17 and 27) from the survivors of of the recent Antman-Troll war.
I eagerly await our counteroffer.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2014, 06:13:59 pm »

1. The Xiud Collective saw itself unfit to rule over EHC-Vorgon matters, hence the lack of precision in the initial offer. Demand granted.
2. Demand granted.
3. As eager as the Xiud Military Command was to build powerful fortresses in hexes 17 and 27 and secure our borders, the Collective agrees to the creation of a Trollish Free State in this area. Said state will be offered a place in the treaty, which will be amended to this effect.
hexes 26, 36 and 37 will be under Xiud control, but will remain demilitarized and unfortified, as well as open to foreign observers. Troll population will be allowed to grow toward those areas in terms that will be defined with the new Trollish government.

Are those terms acceptable?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:40 pm »

1. The Xiud Collective saw itself unfit to rule over EHC-Vorgon matters, hence the lack of precision in the initial offer. Demand granted.
2. Demand granted.
3. As eager as the Xiud Military Command was to build powerful fortresses in hexes 17 and 27 and secure our borders, the Collective agrees to the creation of a Trollish Free State in this area. Said state will be offered a place in the treaty, which will be amended to this effect.
hexes 26, 36 and 37 will be under Xiud control, but will remain demilitarized and unfortified, as well as open to foreign observers. Troll population will be allowed to grow toward those areas in terms that will be defined with the new Trollish government.

Are those terms acceptable?

They are.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2014, 06:41:15 pm »

Then it is settled.

Add your signatures guys!
It's been only a few days and I've already grown fond of this little world. :D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2014, 04:53:56 am »

If kaian's just going to give up, is there a point to continuing the (mechanical) game anymore?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2014, 05:24:14 am »

If kaian's just going to give up, is there a point to continuing the (mechanical) game anymore?
Nope.

Then it is settled.

side note: SMF 2.0.7 doesn't seem to fully support BBcode, which is a pity.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2014, 05:44:41 am »

If you're all united, I can end the game now, giving a final description and state of the map?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:32 am »

If you're all united, I can end the game now, giving a final description and state of the map?
Sounds good to me. I guess I could throw together a treaty submission real quickly.

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2014, 07:30:43 am »

We will accept your terms distant brethen. As long as you don't let the others attack our borders.
I consider that condition fulfilled, so that must mean we're all in agreement.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2014, 09:00:41 am »

YEAR FIVE - WINTER

The expansive East Hexian Company expected resistance, protracted raids and bloodshed before their hegemony could be ultimately established. What they got was diplomacy. To the west, The Xuid Collective formalised their borders, even allowing a fortified mountainous region for a Troll Free State. The Vorgons maintained their small jungle enclave, subsuming their merciless rage into mercenary work. The Empire of Naracinth was peaceable annexed, the swines becoming full citizens, their shared  Builder ideology smoothing the way. By the time the Age came to an end in the fifth winter, the East Hexian Company ruled over the entirety of East Hexland, awaiting the end of the Age and the late arrival of Arachina...

Spoiler: Winter Year 5 (click to show/hide)

End Game - a1s wins!

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Heretics of Hexland - GAME OVER - Long Live the East Hexian Empire!
« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2014, 09:05:43 am »

Hey guys, can we continue this game as a multiplayer RP. Kinda like the Elder Scrolls where a Dark Force from another Realm attacks us and we have to band together to combat a common threat?

Thanks also for making the Vorgons mercanaries, also congratulations Al!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 09:07:58 am by Lidku »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:35 am »

Hey guys, can we continue this game as a multiplayer RP. Kinda like the Elder Scrolls where a Dark Force from another Realm attacks us and we have to band together to combat a common threat?

Thanks also for making the Vorgons mercanaries, also congratulations Al!
You're more than welcome to that if you want to: there is, after all, an army of vengeful undead walking across the ocean floor towards you all.

So this is what I've got so far. I'm going to create a new thread when I'm happy with it. Any comments or suggestions still welcome.

Heretics of Hexland 2: This Time It's Hexier
A game of colonisation for 4-6 players

[Intro blurb goes here: Hexland, conquered and carved up after the death of the Leviathan, blah]

Sign-ups open for a turn-based colonisation game in a fantasy world. Each player controls a rival expedition from a civilisation of their making. Each expedition is made up of one species that is beholden to a heresy. These civilisations vie for control of Hexland. If you want an idea of what this looks like, check out the last game (though some changes have since been made to the rules).

Spoiler: Civ Creation Sheet (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Heresies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Species (click to show/hide)

The game takes place over five years, after which the New Age will begin, as all heresies agree. Each year is made up of four seasons (spring, summer, fall, and winter), and each turn takes exactly one season. (So each player gets 20 turns in the game). On your turn you may take a number of actions equal to your population number. Increasing your population mid-turn doesn't give you additional actions for that turn. You have a maximum population equal to the number of tiles you control + the number of cities you own. You have a minimum population equal to 1 + the number of cities you own (your population can't be forced beneath this number).

Spoiler: Actions Explained (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Playing and winning (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Map and Key (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sign ups (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:26:19 am by notquitethere »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2014, 10:10:31 am »

Civilisation Name: The Sand Empire;
Colour: Orange;
Heresy: Merciless;
Species: Djinn;

Questions:
1) Conquer states 'All fields and fortifications in the conquered hex are destroyed'. Shouldn't this be more along the lines of 'A field (singular) and fortification (singular) in the conquered hex are destroyed, if either is present'?
2) When Djinn harvest on a desert field, does it turn into a desert or a plain?
3) Does removing a river affect the rivers it connects to in any way? Or can rivers just sit in the middle of the continent, not discharging anywhere?
4) Please make the rivers bluer and thicker. They are really hard to see at present.
5) How can there be lakes bordering the ocean? o_0 (I do like that deserts don't border lakes and forests, though)
6) What does Human race do, exactly? Is their population range hardlocked to 1-2? If no, what does 'population cap' mean? And do I take it right that their minimum population is lower than that of other races?
7) I don't see Djinn working with anything except Merciless well and Merciless working with anything except Djinn at all. Maybe add another desert-centric race?
8) What are the rules about expanding/conquering lakes? I see that they have penalties (in merfolk text), but not what those penalties actually are.
9) Vile seems rather UP. If every single other civ is conquered, they only earn 5 VP. Tile-based heresies earn the same 5 VP by merely expanding a bit. Maybe upgrade that +1 to +2?
10) Proposal: instead of enclosing every single tile a player owns, instead enclose their entire territory in one continuous border. That should improve map readability quite a bit.
11) Why did you turn a beautiful continent with believable shores into a rectangle? :'(
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:57:01 am by Dariush »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11