Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]  (Read 9386 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Servants of Duke Kraven [Imps and Review]
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:05 am »

Spoiler: Dice Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creature Mechanics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeon Mechanics (click to show/hide)

This is a game about serving a malignant subterranean sorcerer-lord with little to no respect for peace, life, limits, dimensional boundaries, or you. You'll have to serve their whims to earn your keep, but may also influence their decisions and the direction their empire takes. Research and craft, enhance your abilities, advance your station, perhaps even become a master in your own right... or just come when you're called on to fight and then amass a lot of booze and whores.

But before we get to who you are, we need to know who our benevolent overlord is, don't we?

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Overlord Creation (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:51:18 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Servants of a Keeper [Dungeon Keeper Thing]
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:48 am »

Players

Graveyard
-Note that this type of graveyard spawns no vampires. Sorry!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 12:04:38 am »

State of the Empire

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 12:05:06 am »

Encyclopedia

Creatures
Spoiler: Dungeon Lords (click to show/hide)

Features
Spoiler: Portals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:20:31 am by IronyOwl »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 01:31:04 am »

ALL MY YES

Name: Armok
Appearance: A humanoid being, Fully armored in dark plate, with blood seeking through the cracks, and eyes like molten lava. The very souls of those that have fallen to them can be heard when they speak.
Specialties: Combat and Sacrifice. (I imagine they'd get bonuses for throwing things in the temple waters.)
Preferences: Blood. Those use shed it, those who wield it, those who thrive off of it. (I imagine that vampires would fit this bill.)
Agenda: Complete and total annihilation.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 02:55:52 am »

Oh, nostalgia~
Good call there, IronyOwl. Already liking it.

Name: Duke Kraven
Appearance: He is clad in flowing robes of dark crimson, his skin taut over his dry, bony remains. The few lasting strands of white hair are finely cared for, accenting the eyes that glow with a dark fire, while a black mist always seems to waft about him.
Specialities: Necromancy, Ritualism
Preferences: Under 30, Blond, Fair Skin Hard Workers, Intelligent Conversations, Good Books, Fresh Elven Meat
Agenda: Enslaving the Surface World. Not only for the culinary delights of the many races available there, but also for their Knowledge of the Arcane.

(( Actually, are the servants only supposed to take the first two options of the sheet, or will the later options net us something in the way of starting skills? ))
Allright, thanks. "Fixed" now.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 05:47:18 am by escaped lurker »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 03:29:28 am »

Name: Bhakrag the Destroyer
Appearance: A giant floating skeletal head, with many gigantic tentacles coming our from it.
Specialties: Magic, corruption, causing fear
Preferences: Corrupt and eldtrich creatures
Agenda: Corruption and domination of the world.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 05:03:30 am »

Well none of the current ones have lit my fire so...

Name: Katina
Appearance: A succubus with blue skin, red eyes and short blonde hair.
Specialties: Seduction, corruption and sabotage. Not too good at brute force.
Preferences: Earl Grey, cats and dark magic girls, Dislikes coffee, rats and plague beings.
Agenda: Money, domination and stealing the odd boy toy or interesting creature.

As for servant.

Name: Clair Woods
Appearance: A dark elf rogue in a brown leather outfit. She has red hair, green eyes and dark gray skin.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 05:27:10 am »

(( Actually, are the servants only supposed to take the first two options of the sheet, or will the later options net us something in the way of starting skills? )) ... because THEN I might change Agenda to something... more... dethroning ;P
Servants will have their own sheets once we've settled on an overlord.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 05:37:25 am »

OHHHH, posting to watch here, but I can't think of many suggestions for overlords so I'll just be watching, and waiting...
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 09:13:14 am »

Posting to watch and here is
Spoiler: V's'ac the despoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 10:01:01 am by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 09:55:14 am »

I'll be interested in a insubordinate role when you open them up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:14 pm »

Name: The Plaguebringer
Appearance: A bloated humanoid sealed inside a rusty metal suit riddled with tubes, whose voice is so distorted their gender cannot be identified.
Specialties: Extremely resistant to damage, but is slow and preceeded by a horrible stench.
Preferences: Hates anything clean and orderly, loves filth and chaos.
Agenda: Eliminating those who do not agree with their opinion that the whole world should be covered in bile and disease.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 12:29:37 pm »

Oh, nostalgia~
Good call there, IronyOwl. Already liking it.

Name: Duke Kraven
Appearance: He is clad in flowing robes of dark crimson, his skin taut over his dry, bony remains. The few lasting strands of white hair are finely cared for, accenting the eyes that glow with a dark fire, while a black mist always seems to waft about him.
Specialities: Necromancy, Ritualism
Preferences: Under 30, Blond, Fair Skin Hard Workers, Intelligent Conversations, Good Books, Fresh Elven Meat
Agenda: Enslaving the Surface World. Not only for the culinary delights of the many races available there, but also for their Knowledge of the Arcane.

(( Actually, are the servants only supposed to take the first two options of the sheet, or will the later options net us something in the way of starting skills? ))
Allright, thanks. "Fixed" now.
+1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 12:50:37 pm »

ALL MY YES

Name: Armok
Appearance: A humanoid being, Fully armored in dark plate, with blood seeking through the cracks, and eyes like molten lava. The very souls of those that have fallen to them can be heard when they speak.
Specialties: Combat and Sacrifice. (I imagine they'd get bonuses for throwing things in the temple waters.)
Preferences: Blood. Those use shed it, those who wield it, those who thrive off of it. (I imagine that vampires would fit this bill.)
Agenda: Complete and total annihilation.
+1
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5