Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Guild Heroes (Suggestion Game)  (Read 5528 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Heroes (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 01:11:21 pm »

I will still be waiting for cheese and lurker to comment again, as purity is more a utility school than what they have in mind. It's kinda important, as this will also affect the area around your starting area ... otherwise update in 3-5 hours.

Bog - Curse
Grassy Plains - Purity
Forest - Summoning

aaaaand it's a tie.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2014, 01:34:24 pm »

I will still be waiting for cheese and lurker to comment again, as purity is more a utility school than what they have in mind.

Well, then I can only confirm the tie. If it is not possible to ward our artificial constructs with purity, then the only alternatives would be red battle and black curse magic. I would wager that the later would be far more utility, and thus a good round-off to our already broad spectrum. So~

Staying firm with "Bog - Black Magic: Curse School"

Edit: Really? But we already can get minions with artifice, so there is not much use in getting natural minions. Any other sub-school except the elemental attack ones would be a choice that could turn around our game greatly - and in positive ways - and you really want to pack the pretty much one and only school that just does the same thing we already can do?  ::)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 02:24:56 pm by escaped lurker »

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2014, 01:38:16 pm »

As much as I'd like to vote for red, I think Ill go ahead and try to break the tie. So... green

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2014, 04:28:36 pm »

Edit: Really? But we already can get minions with artifice, so there is not much use in getting natural minions.
Where does it say that? ???
then the only alternatives would be red battle and black curse magic.
this I can get behind- my vote goes to Red:Battle. Once you have a weapon, it's quite nice to gain the skill to use it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »

Edit: Really? But we already can get minions with artifice, so there is not much use in getting natural minions.
Where does it say that? ???

Actually.... it is strongly hinted at in "White Magic - Purification", and the general theme of MTG. But true enough, it is not explicitly spelled out. Then again, if it were non-mechanic magic, it would be called enchantment, no?

True enough, let's not drag this out any longer. As currently the - sorry, in my perception it is - useless school of Nature summons is in the lead, I also will place my vote for "Red Magic - Battle"

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2014, 04:59:06 pm »

Well, then, I'll vote for red

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2014, 05:07:05 pm »

Ok, so i come back, see that green is in the lead and click on reply ... to be greeted with a "Warning" for a new tie. Within seconds!

We have:
Battle: Lurker and a1s - this would make the surroundings rocky and mountainous. Also you will have learned to regenerate red magic.

the other side is

Summoning: Froggy and aattss - This would make the surroundings a Forest. Also you will have learned to regenerate green mana in the area.

Well, unless we get a decision in 10 minutes there won't be an update today. also: you will not be squirrel girl...
did i just sabotage any chance for this to finish reasonably fast ... probably.

edit edit: aaaand aattss changed it's opinion. update soon.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 05:24:41 pm »

Just as planned. ;D

Also, since the Blue magic is already locked in (and would thus be well known to us, no meta-gaming involved) can you tell us if artificial (arificed?) minions are available from it?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 07:22:42 pm »

Just as planned. ;D

Also, since the Blue magic is already locked in (and would thus be well known to us, no meta-gaming involved) can you tell us if artificial (arificed?) minions are available from it?
Minion. Singular.
Though you wouldn't have gained anything comparable in Summoning for a long time. You are just out of training and would have just started learning about Green magic. Which is why you decided against it.

Day 3 of Ino, just past midnight.

Ah, yes. The Mountain Village of Ath. It's Inhabitants looking for valuable metals. You are sure your first task will have
something to do with their mines.
It seems like the headmaster has finally finished his speech. Tomorrow ... well later today really will be the day you begin your journey to Ath.
But for now you are to celebrate.
How do you celebrate?

Talking about your journey, except for gathering your belongings, how do you prepare for it?
Certainly you shouldn't take all of your equipment. It is usually tradition to sell your old Equipment to the younger students.
What weapon will you take? Surely it would be best to take the one you were most proficient with.
You are to Travel by Wagon with some other travelers. It will take at least 5 days. What will you do during that time.

Spoiler: certificate (click to show/hide)

Health: 45/45
Items:

Blue Flask of Plenty 0/40
Red Flask 0/40
Stone of Channeling +2
Blue Robe of Protection +1
Golemite

your Books:
To thrive in battle - by Charlemange Fro
Blue mage's Almanac - by Lady Iceborrne

about enchanting: some items are easier to enchant than others. some specific enchantments will be placable on anything, like the stone of channeling's channeling enchantment - these do not stack, however.

about skillchecks: every spell has a base chance to fail. every point in it's magic type reduces the chance by one. in addition every point in it's school reduces the chance by 0.5. A d20 will be used if there is a chance to fail - example: you cast a level 20 battle spell, you have 15 in Red magic and 20 in battle magic 20 : 25 - you need to roll a 6 or higher to successfully cast it. Overcast increases the level of the spell by 10.

Rolling your starting skills tomorrow. good night.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 08:32:23 pm »

PTW and learn

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 11:03:03 pm »

Hmm, I'm ok with the battle choice.
As for what to do, I don't know, anyone got any suggestions? I'm pretty bad at the free-roam parts of these games.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2014, 02:13:48 am »

We will prepare for our journey by getting some of the more rare ingridients or parts which we are bound to use in our artificing needs. For that purpose we obviously also sell all of our unneeded belongings, with our enchanted? warstaff and crossbow certainly not making the cut for this category. As in, we take them along. We also might want to thank our benefactors, if we had any during our schooling. Supportive Instructors or comrades - people that clearly advanced us in our causes is what I am thinking of by that.

On the journey I suppose we ought to freshen up on the artificing parts, because once out of the academy we are anxious to try enchanting our construct to greiter heights. Not only figuratively speaking here.

As for my choice of the warstaff as our favoured weapon, it has a good range, and can be used quite defensively as well. The use for a crossbow would be to have a ranged attack that does not use any mana. With our Construct a fine choice I would say, and the favoured weapon should two weapons be too much.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2014, 01:10:40 pm »

So... I see this game went the same way as Five. I'm shouldn't be surprised, I guess...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2014, 01:15:19 pm »

We will prepare for our journey by getting some of the more rare ingridients or parts which we are bound to use in our artificing needs. For that purpose we obviously also sell all of our unneeded belongings, with our enchanted? warstaff and crossbow certainly not making the cut for this category. As in, we take them along. We also might want to thank our benefactors, if we had any during our schooling. Supportive Instructors or comrades - people that clearly advanced us in our causes is what I am thinking of by that.

On the journey I suppose we ought to freshen up on the artificing parts, because once out of the academy we are anxious to try enchanting our construct to greiter heights. Not only figuratively speaking here.

As for my choice of the warstaff as our favoured weapon, it has a good range, and can be used quite defensively as well. The use for a crossbow would be to have a ranged attack that does not use any mana. With our Construct a fine choice I would say, and the favoured weapon should two weapons be too much.

+1 but also go to the pub for a drink :D

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34:42 pm »

So... I see this game went the same way as Five. I'm shouldn't be surprised, I guess...

With all due respect, but.. you know; I find such comments quite disagreeable, especially after only 3 days and with such a complex game as this one builds up to be. I would think as someone who also seems to run games every now and then, you should know as much. Either way, a few days or even a week-long "hiatus" is quite common, and comments like the one you left there, surely won't "help" in such matters either.

I also will leave "this" here, as it seems to be of importance to the opinion you are currently holding. Lurker O~ver ;3

This is a Suggestion game, as i have been annoyed one too many times by people that claim characters and then NEVER POST AGAIN.
Pages: 1 [2] 3