Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Never-Ending Dungeon OOC  (Read 10401 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: The Never-Ending Dungeon OOC
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 08:35:03 pm »

Where do I find a sheet and where do I post it?

Post it on here. All you really have to post is your character name, description, and any items you have. It can pretty much be almost anything, that's the true spirit of the NED. Right now as PCs we have a Kobold, Orc, small hairball, squid-man slime wizard, Wolf man, welder wraith, and a human ice mage. Oh, and also post how you enter the game. Right now everyone is en route to an evil mountain while in a giant flying boat. If you use any magic or other abilities, put that in as well. You can also choose one of the following as a special attribute if you wish;
Soul Resonance - Allows you to join souls with another person, allowing power to surge through you for that time being. Only the person starting the resonance will gain the power. The user of this ability will gain more power than is given, but leaves the other players whom the ability is used with with less power.
   Level 2 - Allows you to resonate with three people to become even more powerful.
   Level 3 - Allows you to create a weapon of your choice which you can summon at will.
   Level 4 - Party Resonance - With consent of the whole party, everybody will resonate souls with the person bearing this ability and increase his/her power exponentially.

Clairvoyance - Allows you to sense things of the supernatural. Gives you the ability to sense things you normally wouldn't.
   Level 2 - Gives you a chance to sense a sneak attack.
   Level 3 - Allows chance for "Ultimate Success" you get two consecutive tens during a roll. (Another dice is rolled after you get ten on the first one.)
   Level 4 - Playing with God - Usable every 5 turns, when called, the GM rolls a d100. Depending on the roll, good or bad things can happen. If a one is rolled out of a hundred, the player will die.

Valor - Gives you extra prowess in combat, allowing you to attack more easily and the such.
   Level 2 - Gives you +15 HP.
   Level 3 - Allows you to summon a powerful familiar to aid you in combat.
   Level 4 - Martial Trance - You automatically roll a 10 for combat for 3 turns.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 08:37:01 pm »

Nicely Done! I'm having trouble figuring out the background for mine, as I don't want it to be too complicated... but I don't want it to be too simple, either.

Now, back to the game:

"Kalysta Wolf"?

I'm related to her now? I guess I did sorta maybe remade her physical form a bit... making me a sort of father figure... meh.

Also, have I reached the bridge yet? Or am I assumed to be there already?

Edit in response to triple ninja:

Well, from the OP in IC Thread:

The player must join the game by announcing it with an event.
(E.G; Nomad suddenly falls from the sky, landing in front of the party of adventurers.)

Note that the event can be as seemingly ridiculous as you want(within reason), PrivateNomad has a great talent for working such things in. With a minimal of editing, to boot, and those are mostly improvements. If you want certain skills and/or equipment, put it down and most likely you'll get it. Just don't abuse this, and you'll be fine.

Ninja'd again: What he said.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 08:40:41 pm »

Note that the event can be as seemingly ridiculous as you want(within reason), PrivateNomad has a great talent for working such things in. With a minimal of editing, to boot, and those are mostly improvements. If you want certain skills and/or equipment, put it down and most likely you'll get it. Just don't abuse this, and you'll be fine.

Yeah, sometimes I give you magic items like I did with Talonis's dull ass hammer. If you haven't read the backlogs, the party is pretty much going to the Shadowy Peaks to battle a guy.
Just don't put like 20 abilities like Rolegpeek did. Speaking of Rolegpeek, where has he been?

Oh, and I made her 'Kalysta Wolf' because I didn't really think that Wolf would be a surname. I could change if you'd like, but you're not related to her in anyway. I just did something super-op because you happened to roll a 100.

The game's a lot more serious than it used to be, but it makes the lore more interesting that way.

Right now the game's in a short state of free rp since the ship's en route still.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:44:13 pm by PrivateNomad »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2014, 08:43:57 pm »

If I remember right they had to leave for a long while.

Is steampunk monsterguy an appropriate thing?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2014, 08:44:48 pm »

Is steampunk monsterguy an appropriate thing?
Steampunk monsterguy? Of course it's an appropriate thing.

Edit: Is GWG still active?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 08:48:01 pm »

He's probably busy with March Break Festivities, he seems to usually be reliable.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 08:48:20 pm »

I believe he is in need of a charger chord for his laptop and should be getting one during spring break.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2014, 08:49:52 pm »

K, so both Rolegpeek and GWG are accounted for. I'll just take over their characters for the time being, then.
Oh, and I updated the last turn's dungeon-ex to have more lore in it.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »

What will happen when/if the Dungeon Ex gets filled with too much content? Would you replace it with a link to a wikia or something?

Just thinking ahead...
GENERATION 32:

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2014, 08:58:01 pm »

What will happen when/if the Dungeon Ex gets filled with too much content? Would you replace it with a link to a wikia or something?

Just thinking ahead...
Probably a trope page.

Man, I miss the good old days of the thread when freeformschooler and all the other people were always active. I mean, it's much more advanced now with how I do the turns and the such. More organized.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2014, 09:01:53 pm »

Timezones... they make things that much harder, especially for someone as mathematically inept as I am.
GENERATION 32:

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2014, 09:09:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can just drop in if I get approved?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher