Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact Red Tourmaline Stuck:/  (Read 1345 times)

wesClayton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifact Red Tourmaline Stuck:/
« on: February 12, 2014, 07:36:22 pm »

I deconstructed a jeweler shop and a Artifact Red Tourmaline was left behind. Many years later it still stuck there. Its worth only 36k but still seems like a wast. Also want know how to fix it in-case happens again. :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:17:04 am by wesClayton »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact Red Tourmaline Stuck:/
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »

Could you not post in that hard to read colored text?

Anyway, there is no stockpile option for large gems (although I did see a large green glass gem get stockpiled) or finished goods made out of gems. However, what you can do is repurpose the screw press building as a display case.

Go to the save folder, go to your games raws folder, open the building_custom text file and go to screw press. In there, remove the lines with BUILD_ITEM and replace with these:

[BUILD_ITEM:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]
   [BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

This will allow you to use ANYTHING in the repurposed display case. If you want to narrow down what you want to put in it, look in the wiki about tokens or ask in the modding section.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:34:55 pm »

But, but... without a screwpress, you can't press honeycombs and rock nut paste! No beeswax crafts and no rock nut soap? Unthinkable!

There _is_ a stockpile option for large gems. The problem is that "gem" as material is not accepted on stockpiles, so this applies to crafts cut from gems as well, while glass crafts and glass large gems are stockpiled just fine.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:27 pm »

The only thing I can think of is using the dump command and using the garbage zone designation to place the gem exactly where you want it; say in a vault or noble's bedroom. Remember to abort and other dump jobs and render the usual garbage zones inactive before "dumping" the gem.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 11:13:46 pm »

The only thing I can think of is using the dump command and using the garbage zone designation to place the gem exactly where you want it; say in a vault or noble's bedroom. Remember to abort and other dump jobs and render the usual garbage zones inactive before "dumping" the gem.

Artifacts cannot be dumped, unfortunately.

I suppose if you do not want to alter the soapmaker building, you could temporarily make gems a type of stone so that they can be stockpiled.

wesClayton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:57 am »

hmm  hadd some error whenp osted this did not even know when through i fixed the text color so can read easier lol you can change raws of already created words? that wont create crashes or anything?

wooks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:07:00 am »

You can change the raws of the already created worlds, yes. Just make sure you aren't currently playing that region and change the ones in the relevant region folder. If you only change the default raws it will only affect worlds you create from there on in.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:08:46 am by wooks »
In a game like Dwarf Fortress, going to the wiki being cheating is like saying bringing a parachute is cheating for skydiving.
"Has it been 4 days? Better check if my penis is still there again."

wesClayton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:31:02 pm »

You can change the raws of the already created worlds, yes. Just make sure you aren't currently playing that region and change the ones in the relevant region folder. If you only change the default raws it will only affect worlds you create from there on in.
ahh ok cool thanks XD