Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire Abundance getting fixed?  (Read 1173 times)

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire Abundance getting fixed?
« on: February 12, 2014, 03:41:52 pm »

Does anyone know if the vampire abundance issue is getting fixed? 8 worldgens later and in all of them the most I had was 4 non-vampire rulers. In the next release are vampires likely to get outed in worldgen finally?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire Abundance getting fixed?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:49:49 pm »

I haven't heard that this will change. It isn't even an issue, just reduce the number of curses in advanced worldgen if you don't like vampires, you can even turn them completely off.

idgarad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:55:59 pm »

I haven't heard that this will change. It isn't even an issue, just reduce the number of curses in advanced worldgen if you don't like vampires, you can even turn them completely off.

Tested with same seed. Reducing the number doesn't seem to impact the number of vampires with the exception of 0 which removes them completely.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:03:35 pm »

There are several things you can try:
- play with shorter history. The longer history is, the more likely are vampires to appear and vampires are always more likely to become rulers.
- try different history seeds
- changing other numbers, like the number of MBs and such produces different histories too

Then vampire rulers shouldn't be that big a problem, except you don't want your king to be one or you're trying to kill them in adventure mode.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 06:45:34 pm »

i think getting numbers of vampires to 1 will only make max one civilization to have them => so less rulers if more the one dwarven civ.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime