Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.  (Read 13182 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2014, 01:20:32 pm »

Anastasiya's silence and impatient foot-tapping indicate readiness.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

(( I'm good. ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2014, 01:30:11 pm »

Apollo loads his rifle and remains at the ready.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2014, 01:54:41 pm »

"Lets get going.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:12 pm »

Update will be in a hour or 2. Right now I'm busy shoveling 4 billion tons of white shit.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2014, 05:52:30 pm »

"Well this war is going to be won in the labs I'm ready"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2014, 06:07:31 pm »

Operation Hot Line:Turn one.

The Skyranger descends to the landing site with a roar, and as it touches down you can hear the "Clang" of it's landing gear. You wait, at the ready, as the door opens. Sweeping the landing site, you find it clear of hostiles. Mark motions to the rest of the team, and you exit out of the Skyranger. By the looks of it, you landed in a small square. 2 long bences surround a open plaza, and there is a large statue of some guy on a horse in the corner. Behind you you have a alleyway leading off into the dark. To your left you have what looks to be a convenience store, and straight in front of you is a road. Across the road, darkness.
What do you do?

You can move 8 tiles per "action point" which you have two of. Right now all of you have the same abilities, which are Move, Shoot, Throw Grenade, and Overwatch. First 2 are self explanatory, you can throw your grenade to anywhere in your vision, and Overwatch makes you shoot at anything that moves into your line of sight at a -20 Aim penalty. Overwatching ends your turn, and so does shooting and throwing a grenade(That is, if you shoot first before moving, you can't do anything else, same with throwing a grenade and overwatch.) But you can move and shoot on the same turn, assuming you move first.

Mark is 1, Phillip is 2, Anastasiya is 3, Apollo is 4, Alexis is 5. Light blue is half cover, dark blue is full cover, and thick black lines are walls. Grey is a window. The green box is the evac zone. Also, the black arrow is a way to climb up to a roof or place above.

If you have any other questions please ask.

Spoiler: Mark (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Anastasiya Smirnova (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Phillip Brown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Apollo Devicus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexis Kitty (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:09:13 pm by werty892 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »

Take 8 steps to the right to use the wall for cover.

((I'm guessing it's a low wall to our right? I can't do the second point until I know if I spot anything or not. ))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:12:40 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2014, 06:18:31 pm »

That makes sense. If you move, just use your first point and I'll tell you if you spot anything once everyone gets their actions in.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »

4 steps forward 2 steps right into cover.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 06:46:52 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2014, 07:31:05 pm »

Get to high cover near a teammate (I carnt see the map at school so can someone direct me)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:22 pm »

Unless you want to use both AP you only have half cover close enough and the tall cover exposes you on one flank no matter how you use it.
Now it never would.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2014, 07:45:39 pm »

4 steps forward 2 steps right into cover.
Get into cover next to this guy
My Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »

((I do not like being number three. Why am I number three?))

Move to the space 10 spaces east and 3 north of my current position, keeping an eye out for trouble.
Move instead to the space 7 spaces east and 1 north if we're dividing our turns.

Suggest some sort of grid-numbering system.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:13:28 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2014, 01:31:16 am »

((I do not like being number three. Why am I number three?))

Move to the space 10 spaces east and 3 north of my current position, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Suggest some sort of grid-numbering system.
Third sheet got you number three.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12