Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.  (Read 13189 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2014, 10:00:00 pm »

"No. I shoot them and get it all over with. Quick. Easy. Efficient. And if anything I facing does not die from bullets, I am not going to win, so why bother fighting? Especially since, if the aliens' initial strikes fail, they can just fly away and not have to do anything. Gradual escalation, they waste more if they discover we can handle their strong."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:49 pm »

((Ah man, if you guys argue as well as you shoot, you have this in the bag.:P ))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »

"It could also be they are adapting there ships to travel in atmosphere and larger ships with better equipped crew take longer to adapt "
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »

"If we expose our strengths they have time to develop a counter. If we don't know what they have up there sleeve we can't prepare a defense against it. You never ever use your best trick first.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

"I agree, do you use your uber powerful nuke on a single squad"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2014, 10:21:13 pm »

"It could also be they are adapting there ships to travel in atmosphere and larger ships with better equipped crew take longer to adapt "
"They do not have air on their world?"

"If we expose our strengths they have time to develop a counter. If we don't know what they have up there sleeve we can't prepare a defense against it. You never ever use your best trick first.
"How can we counter what we do not...understand? These aliens...they obviously have power beyond our comprehension, if they fly between stars. Why would we understand their mightiest weapons if they are so beyond us?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »

"They have space ships do you really think a space ship would be built for travel in air if they are built in space"
My Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:28 pm »

"My point exactly. We don't understand them but the reverse is true as well. They know nothing of us. Were hitting them with all we've got but they don't know that.

They're probing us before they start hitting us in force.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 12, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »

"They have space ships do you really think a space ship would be built for travel in air if they are built in space"
"If they need it to. Space shuttle does it."

"My point exactly. We don't understand them but the reverse is true as well. They know nothing of us. Were hitting them with all we've got but they don't know that.

They're probing us before they start hitting us in force.

"Why not probe with force? Again, if they force probe, they know how we react. And how else would we react?"

She sighs. "Either they are striking with all force, they are dumb, or they are...testing, not wanting to win."
Sig

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 12, 2014, 10:35:57 pm »

"Well considering they probably have the equivalent of nukes that last one seems likely. "
My Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:20 pm »

"If they probe with force and we win they lose a lot. If they probe us this way and we win they lose very little.

They're playing it smart giving us no information on them while gaining a lot on us.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »

"Well considering they probably have the equivalent of nukes that last one seems likely. "
"Not like Cold War. Like...like they would not want to win."

"If they probe with force and we win they lose a lot. If they probe us this way and we win they lose very little. They're playing it smart giving us no information on them while gaining a lot on us.
"If they probe with force and we are weak, we only learn how easy they kill us. We run, we hide. They get whatever they want, take anything if they promise to leave us alone. And they would not leave anything we could use to exploit weaknesses, we are too small. Backwards. Primitive."
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2014, 10:57:21 pm »

"Maybe you would run and hide, they can kill as many of us as they please we'll keep coming until either they're defeated or they kill every last one of us. We've faced down unbeatable enemies who came to take our home before and we covered the country side with there dead.

We sure as hell can do it again.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2014, 11:09:02 pm »

"I would not, but many do. How many got holes to hide in from just threat of bombs falling? And they lose nothing by attacking hard, now. What could they lose? We cannot understand their machines. We are savages to them. Apes. Ants."
Sig

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »

"Hey are you feeling alright you went all calm." Mark looks closely at her looking at her eye's especially he wasn't putting mind control past these alien bastards
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12