Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.  (Read 13169 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The X-COM Project:Operation Hot Line.
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2014, 11:16:51 pm »

"Your a cheery one, how about you go home and wait to die while those of us who actually want to win do the fighting. Your making me depressed."
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2014, 11:21:51 pm »

"What if they're not here to directly kill us? Because, as far as I am concerned, they probably already have the technology to exterminate the human population, leaving the planet ripe for their taking.

No, they aren't declaring total war. They're here for something else. We'll find it out through their actions and what cards they play."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2014, 11:29:22 pm »

"Guys shut up I think something's wrong with Anastasiya"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »

Apollo shakes his head to focus and turns his view to Anastasiya.
"You alright? Clear your mind, we're not too far from the landing zone."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2014, 11:37:50 pm »

"She turned from rearing to go to calm and depressing"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2014, 07:11:11 am »

"Your a cheery one, how about you go home and wait to die while those of us who actually want to win do the fighting. Your making me depressed."
Anastasiya is confused.
"I want to win. I am saying, if we win here we win later, too."

"What if they're not here to directly kill us? Because, as far as I am concerned, they probably already have the technology to exterminate the human population, leaving the planet ripe for their taking.

No, they aren't declaring total war. They're here for something else. We'll find it out through their actions and what cards they play."

"Whatever reason they have to come here, why would they not use the strongest weapons they will use at first? Or even use stronger ones, intimidate us?"

Apollo shakes his head to focus and turns his view to Anastasiya.
"You alright? Clear your mind, we're not too far from the landing zone."
"I am fine."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2014, 09:06:26 am »

"Because brute force is not the way to win a war.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2014, 10:47:52 am »

"No? Then how do you win wars?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2014, 11:11:36 am »

"I'd say tactics. By your approach every war would end with exactly 1 battle where 2 countries send there entire combined military to fight each other to the death."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:13:11 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2014, 11:23:21 am »

Operation Hot Line, Briefing

Suddenly, the Holoscreen in front of you activates. You can see a small overlook of the area you will drop into, a suburban strip mall sort of place. Your objectives are listed on the side. Alien abduction in progress, site is clear of civilians, collateral damage is not a concern. Multiple hostiles present. Well, at least you will have something to shoot at. Your objectives are to sweep the abduction site and identify threats, and neutralize all hostile targets. Suddenly, you hear Bradfords voice coming from the speaker at the front.
:Listen up. We are dropping you in the United States interior for this operation. This is our first organized response to their attack, so they will probably be off guard. Now, this mission is very important to not fail, because otherwise, the Earth will not know that we have a response ready, and that will increase panic everywhere on the globe. Before you drop in, do you have any questions? Also, try to not blow everything up, like our science team requested. The good doctor will be all over me if you don't bring back something for her.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2014, 11:47:31 am »

Apollo loads his rifle and remains at the ready.
"Any final remarks before we disembark?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2014, 11:57:53 am »

"I'll be more then happy to take the good doctor of your hands...
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2014, 12:14:26 pm »

"I'd say tactics. By your approach every war would end with exactly 1 battle where 2 countries send there entire combined military to fight each other to the death."
((Strategy, not tactics.))
"Not all soldiers, just soldiers with best weapons. And tactics are nothing if your weapons are weak or your soldiers are few."

"Doctors are important."
Sig

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2014, 12:15:57 pm »

:Har har. Sadly, she's more important than you. Anyone else have a real question?
"Doctors are important."
:Someone with a little bit of sense, at least.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2014, 01:10:20 pm »

((I'm waiting for all you guys to say you're ready :P))
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12