Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Game Over!)  (Read 90509 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Day 2)
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2014, 06:40:27 pm »

Unvote Deathsword

I'm not entirely sure what happened with the vote count, but it is wacky in all kinds of ways.

NQT: be that as it may, it was an inconsistency that I picked up on.  We'll see if it has any relevance.

DarkPaladin109 That post of yours seals it.  Whoever takes your place will have a lot of explaining to do.  I'll ask a question when a replacement shows up.

Cheesemaster: What about DP is the most suspicious to you?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2014, 07:44:42 pm »

Deathsword: Have you seen that it is almost nigh impossible for Solymr and MOWE to be scum? Due to yesterdays vote standings?
You did read what I said that D1 buses are a thing, and that IG played badly enough to justify it?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2014, 07:48:05 pm »

Deathsword: Have you seen that it is almost nigh impossible for Solymr and MOWE to be scum? Due to yesterdays vote standings?
You did read what I said that D1 buses are a thing, and that IG played badly enough to justify it?
But there was a one vote margin, and at times a zero vote margin.  Why would they have bussed him that day over an innocent townie?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2014, 07:50:46 pm »

mastahcheese: Why are you voting Darkpaladin other than he is nooby?
Cheesemaster: What about DP is the most suspicious to you?

The reason I voted him is because he's clearly not town, at least not first-party town, it was fairly obvious even before that little tidbit he just said. I could also point to NQT asking me why I wasn't voting, but meh, I should be voting anyways, I just don't feel comfortable with voting any particular person right now. Quite a few people seem scummy to me, I really want to vote for Solymr, I still distrust the hell out of him, but... something isn't adding up there, and it makes me not quite sure about who exactly he is.
I also distrust Caz, for what should be obvious as hell reasons, but again, I'm not entirely comfortable with that, either.
Unvote, in any case, at least until his replacement comes in. Although I may be smacking that vote right back there depending on what the replacement says.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2014, 08:00:07 pm »

I'm seeing Dark as Bad. And he's really scared cuz the name says 'Bad'

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2014, 08:20:12 pm »

But there was a one vote margin, and at times a zero vote margin.  Why would they have bussed him that day over an innocent townie?
First, it removes an incompetent team-mate that could've doomed them later down the line. It makes them look more town, which is always useful. It creates WIFOM, which can be quite useful to scum. If, on top of that, the scum feel they don't have a good enough lynch case on a townie, then bussing is the best option.

Keep in mind that I am not saying that both of them are scum. I am explaining why scum would do it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2014, 08:44:48 pm »

I only requested a replacement since I don't think I'm doing an adequate job with my current role.
Uh... are you aware of what you seem to be implying here?

If he's cop we're all screwed lol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2014, 09:35:28 pm »

4mask
Unvote Deathsword
[...]

DarkPaladin109 That post of yours seals it.  Whoever takes your place will have a lot of explaining to do.  I'll ask a question when a replacement shows up.
[...]
Seals what?
What does it seal and how does it?

What.
I only requested a replacement since I don't think I'm doing an adequate job with my current role.

Eh? It could be taken any which way (other than the superficial implication) like, vanilla. I'm doing bad at my current role in being vanilla.
Unless y'all see something like a cue in that statement that I don't. Please enlighten.

NQT
Caz , if you'd actually respond to people and put forward an alternative case, people might be inclined to take your perspective more seriously. Who should we lynch instead?
This seems more like a general poke at Caz. Anyway, what do you see in Caz? How do you treat her posts?
Because I quite see what Caz is coming from and I take her perspective very seriously.

Deathsword
4maskwolf: leaning town, solid play.
Caz: third party, very passive.
Solymr: Scummy, voting someone for vague reasons without providing anything to back it up. Newbieness is murking it up a bit, but still scummy.
SBC, MOWE, mastahcheese, DP, Tiruin: Null.
NQT: Unsure, but I can't find anything truly scummy on him.
What exacts of Solymr or anything of him differentiate him from being town-flaily or anything else but scummy-scum-scum?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2014, 09:43:04 pm »

SBC
I'm seeing Dark as Bad. And he's really scared cuz the name says 'Bad'
Expound on your thought process.

SBC
[2] I believe that Tiruin didn't make a case on NQT other than that NQT should stop voting 'lurkers'. Which I agree with. But there was no case. The case came later. By... uh... Solymr or MOWE? I can't remember.
So...you don't see that I was against his use of terminology and how negative the outcome is?

Caz

And other than side-commentary, what do you do about it?

MOWE
SBC:
MOWE: mastahcheese played like this last game. Whenever he does attack someone, it turns into a tunnel like attack. He caught a very minor thing of Makeinu's, and tunneled him to death. He did not focus on multiple people last game, so I'm wondering why you ask this?
My suspicion lies in the fact that he's tunneling on a newbie and that his attacks seem scrambled. I know he was aggressive last time, but this seems different and more suspicious to me.

Although, upon rereading through some stuff, I'll Unvote. Mastahcheese continues to go after Solymr, even though that's my main issue with him. I think mastahcheese is actually convinced Solymr is scum. I personally don't see it, but maybe I'm wrong.

So yes, NQT. I believe mastahcheese's response.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2014, 09:44:11 pm »

4mask
Unvote Deathsword
[...]

[...]
Seals what?
What does it seal and how does it?
He has been making scummy remarks all game, which I've been willing to ignore, for the most part, because he is so new.  But then he comes out and strongly implies that he has a non vanilla-town role, which, combined with his general avoidance of attention, is highly suspicious, at least in my book.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2014, 09:46:50 pm »

I throw question to the winds, 4mask:
How?

Scummy, how? What remarks single him out?
How is his 'implication' equal him as a non vanilla-town role, exactly? I don't see that (nor did first impression poke me towards it).

Though as for the avoidance...was it really avoidance? Because that equals lurking. Active lurking.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2014, 10:03:05 pm »

I throw question to the winds, 4mask:
How?

Scummy, how? What remarks single him out?
How is his 'implication' equal him as a non vanilla-town role, exactly? I don't see that (nor did first impression poke me towards it).

Though as for the avoidance...was it really avoidance? Because that equals lurking. Active lurking.
I'll get to this in a bit, celebrating the birthdays of my brothers.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »

Tiruin: Darkpaladin has played a game of a noob being scared. That comes from being scum and not knowing what to do, or as I think in this case. He is bad, frankly, if he is bad, I think he would be a great help to the town. (Vig anyone?) but Bad sounds bad doesn't it? So that's where he gets his pressure from

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:16 pm »

Tiruin: Darkpaladin has played a game of a noob being scared. That comes from being scum and not knowing what to do, or as I think in this case. He is bad, frankly, if he is bad, I think he would be a great help to the town. (Vig anyone?) but Bad sounds bad doesn't it? So that's where he gets his pressure from
...? So you associate his play under the assumption that he is the 'Bad'?
Err, I can't follow how you got to that conclusion. Reword please?

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2014, 10:12:34 pm »

His current play seems to point at he has some sort of role. AKA not vanilla. His suspicion seems show a role that seems 'bad'. He doesn't seem like scum, because if he was, he'd have scum buddies helping him, and he wouldn't be showing so much scummy play. My conclusion is that he's a third party, Bad, because first of all. Bad sounds bad, thus the pressure, he's alone, thus not sure what to do.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33